Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorAlan
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2013
      3 points
    ^^^
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2013 edited
      3 points
    I'd say Mature, Benimaru, Daimon just because I think you'd enjoy Mature. Rekka char and all that. ;)

Also honestly a good Mature seems super scary.

Edit: Also, I know it's like four months away but when I get back to CO I'm gonna be going hard on the KoF and my team is Ryo/Maxima/Raiden or Vice (depending on how I'm feeling that day lol).
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2013 edited
      0 points
    I have some games I recorded with a friend on my youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzfAODSwcBY&list=PLCuo_AskmYRUY0hoR3KvE3Uzrsu3zP3jR

Feel free to poke around at the newer stuff if you want. There is 8 videos from this most recent set, I am going to put into a playlist. Next time I am going to record longer than 10 minutes at a time, I can probably get 3 - 4 games per upload.

Feel free to pick it apart if you want. I am really looking to improve that K'.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2013
      0 points
    So since Luis's pad is a no go for about a month. Can anyone else host tomorrow? If not then we will have to wait for thursday at the Safehouse.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2013 edited
      1 point
    Halfro:

Feel free to pick it apart if you want. I am really looking to improve that K'.

That's so nasty off of an air to air attack.

Vid one, match two, I love that you worked so hard with Kim and didn't give up.

I REALLY like your Clark. Especially in later matches. I was going to suggest more variety but thinking about it, I think that would just take away from your mixup and setup game. (Match 4 was like a Clark showcase vid btw lol).

If I were you, and seeing your current state with this team based off the 3 vids I watched at random... I would actually anchor K' and move Kim to second. Your HD game seems much stronger with K', and Kim would have plenty of meter after Clark has put hands on people for a bit.

My only advice with K' is to try and control the pace more with him once you're in close. Again I only watched 3 matches so this point could be null, and some of the matches it was just Clark running things lol. But yeah, once in, maybe more hop C and c.A pressure to widdle them down more. And you were only playing against one opponent so that could be reason for that too. Combos and damage per meter usage was on point though.

And last nit-pick. Unless you're going for a specific reset while HD is activated, I would suggest going to Neo Max right away with Kim than using the 2 single meter supers. Same for K' too really. Less meter gain for them, and more damage for you.

Definitely good stuff though.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    Pedro:
    So since Luis's pad is a no go for about a month. Can anyone else host tomorrow? If not then we will have to wait for thursday at the Safehouse.

Was about to ask you haha.

I can host at my place tomorrow at 7 PM again if you guys are ok with that.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    Cool! I'll let the rest of the crew know.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013
      0 points
    If you guys find any good videos with Daimon or Billy play, even Benimaru, please share em!

Bala's evo performance is great for Billy. Finding Daimon is tough.
    • CommentAuthorAlan
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013
      0 points
    lacids goro
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    snip

Thanks for the advice! I uploaded two more vids that are still processing.

I agree my K' seems a bit to passive. I can't decide how I need to play him, it seems like strange mix of zoning to pressure that I don't have feel for.

I actually used to run the order you are suggesting but, feeling my K' was weak, I want him in a more pivotal role. I find the 2nd character to be one of the more important ones in the teams design. That 2nd character is responsible for a. fixing issues if the point did poorly or b. controlling a lead to keep it in the anchors favor whenever it comes up. I think a bad 2nd character is going to be a bad game for you a lot of the time.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013
      0 points
    Ranbat #12 results:

Pedro - 5 points
    Jose - 3 points
    Krsjin - 1 point

So our last ranbat of the quarter will be at the end of February. Top three overall players will be entered into a raffle to win a chance to get their EVO entry fees paid. :)
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013
      0 points
    We are live guys!!!!

twitch.tv/kingsofco
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013
      1 point
    Ranbat #13 results

Pedro - 5 points
    Alan - 3 points
    Edgar - 1 point

Good stuff like always see ya guys on Tuesday.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013 edited
      2 points
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    FINALLY! A wall carry combo for Hwa. haha

Some of those were way stylish for how practical they actually are.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      0 points
    That kim one was a bitch :/ Id have to fuck with it for awhile to land it, I almost never try to land s.c after s.d, it feels so inconsistent sometimes.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2013
      0 points
    Hey guys, I can't host tomorrow night. Sorry for the late notice, I spaced plans I made awhile back. I can host Thursday if need be.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    No worries dude our session is at Luis's tonight.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Ok good, was worried. Back to being able to host next Tuesday.

Daimon question for Alan or Jose if he reads here.

That tick/roll/throw setup you showed me Alan, with the LK > Roll. hcb, f+P. Could I sub hcb, f+P for the dp+P throw to get a similar effect? It has invincibility on startup. Seems to work on a blocking dummy, they aren't still in blockstun. Seems easier to jump out of than the other option, but eats late jab attempts, and sets up for a drive cancel option off the throw.

Got some good practice in with Daimon on Friday, he's definitely feeling a lot more comfortable to me now already. Got a hit confirm combo, better knowledge of his normals and when/how to drive cancel for more damage. I swear his half circle motions are more strict than other characters though. He's turning me into a man!
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    twitch.tv/kingsofco

We're live guys! Streaming out of the basement. Going to be having some casuals and our weekly ranbat!!!