Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2013
      1 point
    is sopapilla with honey a Spanish thing?

sounds good right now
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2013 edited
      1 point
    Big D:
    is sopapilla with honey a Spanish thing?

sounds good right now

Did you mean Spanish or Mexican?

It's like saying Pho is a chinese thing. :<
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
      2 points
    Since when Burritos are a Mexican food
      0 points
    Logos:
    Does that team seem at all viable?

Just play Team cheap.

Claw Iori
    Kyo
    Takuma
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
      1 point
    I think it's pretty obvious from what he's said that Logos wants to play grapplers, lol. They're pretty good in this game, even if I think Vice is kinda weak. (Don't listen to me, I got blown up by Vice at the last tournament.) The only real problem with playing a team of three is what KrsJin mentioned, your characters don't do a great job of covering each other's matchups. But like, Kaoru is considered one of the best Japanese players and he pretty much exclusively plays slow powerhouse type guys (Ryo, Daimon, Maxima, Raiden, etc.) and considers a lot of them top characters. I'm pretty sure you'd do fine with a team like Raiden/Vice/Maxima but it might still be worth looking at a couple people with different tools in case you hit a situation where they're not cutting it.
    • CommentAuthorAlan
      0 points
    • CommentAuthorAlan
      0 points
    KrsJin look at kings roll at 1:55. Just predict forward A. Its one way, risky but high reward
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      0 points
    Cool, thanks a lot for the info/suggestions guys. I was definitely worried about doing an all grappler team exactly because of the problems you mentioned; otherwise I'd probably do like Daimon/Maxima/Raiden or Raiden/Maxima/Vice lol. I'd sort of thought about Kyo but I was under the impression he needed meter to do anything, good to hear that's not the case. I think I'll start out with trying out K', Kyo, Billy, and maybe Benimaru. I thought Benimaru sort of needs drive/super as well, is that not the case?
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    With Kyo I think you see him later because his damage can get so gross with meter, but compared to other meterless characters, he's definitely up there in the damage ranks. Damage without meter is pretty even across the board for all of the characters but his utility and playstyle makes him shine when compared to other meterless options.

Same for Beni really. And Beni can be aggressive or zone out like woa. He can also let the damage rip with one stock and one drive, especially in the corner.

You could also consider Yuri and Mature too now that I think about it, for point characters.

Doods at Luis' were talking about this and woa, crazy 5 v 5 between Korea and Japan just went down recently. They all kinda mess up and get sloppy at times but the entire thing is definitely a great set. Makes me realize how scary playing just one match in KoF can be.
    Korea Vs Japan, 5 on 5 featuring Mad KoF and Shoki

Here's more team and casual footage from the KCE cup, haven't watched any yet though.
    KCE Cup Teams/Casuals

Alan:
    KrsJin look at kings roll at 1:55. Just predict forward A. Its one way, risky but high reward

Omg thanks for finding and posting that. Yeah, it is a bit of a guess but a full punish on something that was going to lock you down is awesome.
      0 points
    I played KOF for the first time after the tournament ended for a little. It was fun! :D
  11. Member
    • CommentAuthorAkh4708
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2013
      0 points
    hey guys pretty new to the site, but i finally got my fightstick back from my old house and went out and picked up a few new fighting games. KOF 13 being one so far love the game but not gonna lie i struggle with it at times. Always interested in playing though to try and learn new things. My setup is for PS3, my PSN name is Dreoner (actually getting a new account soon though cause my bro and I still share that one, just been kinda lazy) will probably have my own account setup later this week actually.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    We have sessions every tuesday and thursday. Let us know if you're interested in showing. We have all types of level of players. Its always a good experience.
  13. Member
    • CommentAuthorAkh4708
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2013 edited
      0 points
    Pedro it is definitely something I am interested in, where do you guys usually hold them (I figure the Safe House but I just want to ask to clarify)? Just gotta work on my work schedule to clear up some free time!!
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      1 point
    We are live guys!!!

twitch.tv/kingsofco
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2013
      0 points
    Ranbat 7 results

Pedro: 5 points - total 35 points
    Alan: 3 points - total 9 points
    Luis: 1 point - total 4 points

Good stuff guys. Let's practice so we don't drop those combos. :/
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    I'm so mentally out of it, so much is attributing to my dropped combos but ^practice can't ever hurt.

Mental checklist:
    -Don't always have to rush in. Space out and AA more.
    -Don't panic on defense, blocking is fine.
    -Plan when to roll better.
    -Learn and use my air to air attacks better. I keep losing out on higher jumps or doing CD when I should do C, etc.
    -Better ground pressure (i.e. run up jabs). Learn my opponent to see if they push buttons, stand after I go low, jump, etc.
    -Don't be afraid to use meter. For whatever reason I've been stock piling it. In part due to not landing clean hits often.
    -Single hits are fine, don't necessarily need clean hits which lead to combos, get damage wherever I can get it.

I'm in no state to critique right now but I want to give feedback in hopes to help if I can. I keep getting great advice and reminders from you guys.

Luis: I was really impressed with how you were playing last night. I agree with Pedro in that your King has really leveled up, but last night your Robert looked wayyyy stronger too. My only recommendation right now is to work on fundamentals a bit in terms of pressure and variety. Maybe try for a few more setups?

Alan: I like your current team with Billy and Kim. I think both fit your abilities really well and both on the same team adds for great variety. I would say be careful with the flash kicks with Kim, especially if you're in the lead. There were times when the only real damage I was getting on you were punishes, otherwise I couldn't get a clean hit on you.

Pedro: Dunno where to begin, you're so awful at the game I'm not sure there's any hope. But for real, you're the most consistent player I've seen. You don't let mistakes shake you and I think we could all learn from that. Great use of meter and keeping it simple/killing characters when you have the chance. I'm actually at a loss right now for a recommendation. I was going to say work on your distance game when you're not full screen or right up in their face, that's the only time I feel comfortable against you at the moment.

Edgar: So glad you're utilizing HD combos and longer combos in general, you don't miss out on the damage you once did. For you I would recommend not using air CD as much with Kyo and even Iori. Kyo's air down C is too amazing not to use more when jumping from close distance, and leads to potentially more damage on hit. And I know it's frustrating dealing with some of the gimmicks and strengths some of the higher tiered characters have, but I agree with others in that as long as you view something as inherently cheap, it's going to be hard for you to work through it and learn to beat it.

Daniel: Amazing use of command grabs lately, keep that up. Especially against players like myself who stand still more on defense. I think tournament jitters are working against you a bit because I notice you play a lot better in casuals. Also, get your HD combo down with Kyo a bit more, not only did you miss out a lot of times on damage, but when you drop the combo you seem to psych yourself out for the rest of the round.

This is all small stuff I've noticed and I could very well be wrong in judging what you guys are thinking or trying to do. If it can help, great. If I'm wrong just ignore me or tell me I'm wrong haha. I'll start to look for more specific stuff to critique and do a writeup like this once a week after a couple sessions.
    • CommentAuthorAlan
      1 point
    KrsJin:
    There were times when the only real damage I was getting on you were punishes, otherwise I couldn't get a clean hit on you.

Noted. It's exactly what I told pedro when we all left. Wont happen anymore ;)
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2013 edited
      0 points
    The fun begins at 2hrs and 9mins in ;)

I feel like my execution has dropped...Need to practice at least twice a week.

Alan did tell me that...Lets see if he can apply it. krsjin there were times that you were sitting on 4 bars and full HD and still nothing. :/

I think we all need to work our mental game more than anything else...Shoot for making that come back that everyone likes to see. :)
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    This is where everyone stands in the rankings:

Edgar: 5 points
    Luis: 4 points
    Alan: 9 points
    Danilo: 6 points
    KrsJin: 3 points
    Pedro: 35 points

top three:
    Pedro
    Alan
    Danilo

Ranbat will end by the end of February. Top three will entered into a raffle to win something special. ;)
      0 points
    KrsJin:

Edgar: So glad you're utilizing HD combos and longer combos in general, you don't miss out on the damage you once did. For you I would recommend not using air CD as much with Kyo and even Iori. Kyo's air down C is too amazing not to use more when jumping from close distance, and leads to potentially more damage on hit. And I know it's frustrating dealing with some of the gimmicks and strengths some of the higher tiered characters have, but I agree with others in that as long as you view something as inherently cheap, it's going to be hard for you to work through it and learn to beat it.

Yeah you are right, it affects me when I play and I think something its cheap for the lack of a better word one move from a character like hwa and Mr. K just makes me fall apart I got to stop thinking about it because they are occasions where I hold my ground and one move just makes me feel that I have lost the match but anyways you are right Im going to stop with that cheap crap. They are a lot of things that I need to work on as far as movement, footsies, hit confirms and like Pedro always says start combos from lows.