Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2013
      0 points
    twitch.tv/kingsofco

Were live!!!
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2013 edited
      0 points
    had fun playing this game yesterday. Terry was doing ok can't say much for any of the other characters. maybe i should take a look at 3 characters again. i'm going for relatively simple and hard hitting characters.Suggestions?
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2013
      0 points
    Mr. Karate!
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Ryo, Maxima, Mr. Karate, Daimon?, Joe would be my list of simple and hard hitting.
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
      0 points
    What about Shen Woo? He hits pretty hard if he comes in with meter, right?
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Oh definitely, I spaced him entirely.
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
      0 points
    Recon, you might also like Benimaru. He has lightning loops!
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
      0 points
    Recon:
    had fun playing this game yesterday. Terry was doing ok can't say much for any of the other characters. maybe i should take a look at 3 characters again. i'm going for relatively simple and hard hitting characters.Suggestions?

Man we got play I can walk to your place or you walk to mine but we got to play plus I'd like to learn Marvel.
    Robert,Shen,Mr. Karate,Clark,Raiden
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    i hate shen's character design..i'll buy mr. karate. and yeah edgar we should definitely get some games going..what days are usually good for you?

I like joe but maybe i should just play hwa jai.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2013 edited
      0 points
    Hwa is better, I'm sure of it, but apparently both Terry and Joe have been climbing tier charts outside of the US.

Do watch this series of vids here for offensive ideas with Joe. The guy's pressure and damage for his meter usage is almost terrifying at times. His defense looks whack but that's partly Joe's inherent problem and apparently his opponents are legit haha.

Here's another great Joe vid showing basics and blockstrings.
    Joe Stuff
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2013 edited
      5 points
    Colorado got some recognition on the orochinagi website check it out!!! Streaming our sessions has really spread the word that we have a KoF scene. :)

KOF XIII in Denver Colorado
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2013
      1 point
    Think I caught Alan's disease. I have 3 teams I'm playing/learning, and I basically want to play the whole cast now.

Pedro, what do you think is the best HD combo for EX Iori, and is there a way to combo into his Neo Max without using a super first?
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2013
      0 points
    His most damaging is the 4 bar hd combo. Standing C, forward A, HD, C, forward A, QCF+C , Cancel into QCB+A+C, Neomax. It's does around 900 I think.

Standing D can combo into Neomax.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2013
      0 points
    We are streaming live guys!!!

twitch.tv/kingsofco
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2013 edited
      1 point
    Ranbat #6 results:

Pedro - 5 points = 30 points total
    Krsjin - 3 points = 3 points total
    Edgar - 1 point = 5 points total

Good matches tonight guys. Practice up!
    • CommentAuthorHellFire
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2013
      2 points
    For those of you who haven't seen it yet, here is Edgar's arcade stick art that I made for him...

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/Cynthetik36/Mr_Cheap_zps3f3f107b.png
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2013
      1 point
    sup with this sweet and spicy candy?
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2013 edited
      0 points
    So I went ahead and got PS+ to pick this game up, figured I may as well start practicing now even if I have to travel to Seoul for any real competition. Anyways, I'm trying to flesh my team out atm. I'm like 99% sure I want to have Maxima/Raiden as my second and third, but I've been trying to think of good battery chars to take the first spot. Really leaning towards Billy atm, what do you guys think of him? What other chars might be good to throw in that first slot?

Edit: I was also thinking about maybe moving Raiden to battery and playing Vice second or third, but I'm a bit worried about dealing with Athena shenanigans and the like. Does that team seem at all viable?
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
      1 point
    Billy is a super underplayed character, he's really good and especially as your starter. I don't know too much specifically since Jamaal only played him for a little while, but he's hard for a lot of characters to deal with before they have meter since he's so good at outpoking people and playing safe. King is in a similar boat, you can really just keep out and annoy people while hoarding for later, but you can also do some good stuff by spending a little.

Benimaru is a really really good character, but his combos and stuff are a lot of work and you might not like his floaty jumps. If you're looking for someone who's less execution oriented there's also Duo Lon, who's mostly very easy (aside from fuzzy/double overhead starters that I don't see much) and based more on shenanigans and setups.

Kyo, Mr. Cheap (hahaha), Iori and Kula are also just plain good characters who do well in any slot. They're not quite as good at hoarding meter since you'll probably eventually want to spend it on kill combos, but they're great openers who can really help you get ahead.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    I honestly think Maxima is really strong so long as your defense is good. That said, I'd avoid moving him to anchor. I think he's strongest as second, but good on point. Raiden on point works well, anchor works well too if you have your HD stuff down.

I think Billy would be a great match for that team. Alan already has a strong Billy so he could probably answer some questions. But his damage for one meter is kind of ridic at times. He can control the starting pace to feel out the opponent a bit and start building meter.

I would probably recommend some sort of character with a projectile or zoning capabilities for that team. Regular Kyo is strangely good on point despite being noticibly stronger later on. K', I'm convinced, is still really strong in console and see why he's climbing tiers again (subjective of course). Or, look for a character who doesn't need much drive cause you want to set Maxima up with drive meter if you can. And each character Spineshark mentioned would be a great candidate for your point character.