Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012 edited
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    Cool, plan to be there around 7 or so. Guys want me to bring another 360 setup/monitor?

Sorry no just bring your xbox please thanks.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Two quick questions.

Petty question: Do we have a go-to box we'll be streaming on the most in the future? If so, could I pitch in and get the DLC colors so we can hook ourselves up with our custom stuff for when we stream :D? Fun of having your own colors aside, I think it may actually be on more thing for viewers to see on the stream and realize we're 'serious'.

And I want to start doing feedback with these crazy good sessions. Does that interest you guys, and if so, do we want a thread dedicated strictly to KoF feedback and development or just keep it in here? (I think in here would be fine, just curious)

I don't know how much time I can commit to the game but pretty sure I can do at least one night a week. I really want CO to be fierce come EVO, and I feel we're on our way already. I truly feel if we keep this up, we could see CO in top 8 without question.

Sorry, I'm just amped after seeing the skill increase and drive in KoF right now.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012 edited
      0 points
    We usually stream of off Edgar's PS3 or Chavelo's Xbox...The only reason we use Edgar's PS3 is because his stick is not dual modded. :P But I do like the idea of acquiring all the dlc colors, it be a nice touch.

I think feedback is always a plus and keeping up with scores as well. I'll be posting scores here from now on, and we can just post feedback here in this thread so that we don't make it confusing. EVO 2013 is going to be sick! We'll all be in pretty good shape with all the practice we get every week.

Ranbat #1 Results:

Pedro - 5 Points
    Edgar - 3 Points
    Alan - 1 miserable point ;)
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012
      0 points
    I'll buy all the colors since we are playing on ps3 for now once I get a dual modded stick we could pitch in to get colors for.xbox if you guys want to switch to xbo I have two xbox so ill donate that for kof only.
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2012
      0 points
      0 points
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    Cool that works Alcatras. Lemme know if you want a couple bucks for the colors, I don't mind at all.

Tonight I'm kinda sick staying home, doing chores instead of Safehouse, but I'ma upgrade my Chin tonight. His combos are stale, and need to make sure I'm getting the max damage for the meter spent. Just came up with a stronger corner combo for less meter, and leads to a better oki situation. May upgrade Kensou tonight too.

Alan, if you read this, you mentioned being able to start his HD off his overhead or something with the double punches? Lemme know how that works if you get a chance :D
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2012
      0 points
    Ranbat #2 Results:

Pedro - 5 points = 10 points total
    Alan - 3 points = 4 points total
    Daniel - 1 point

Good stuff tonight guys, I think the best player was Alan tonight since he had a good showing. Im interested to see how these points are going to be racking up in the weeks to come.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Alan is strong man. I really feel if he just settled on three characters he enjoyed/felt comfortable with he'd become a monster, quick.

Successfully leveled up all three characters in the meter to damage ratio department last night. I have a HD combo for Chin now, a great corner combo for Kensou and a stronger BnB for Kensou.

I'm struggling with Duo Lon's HD activation though. In matches I only go for it as a punish and start with a C or D. I need to find out a doable hit confirm off his light attacks outside of corner, seems rough though.
    • CommentAuthorAlan
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    Alan, if you read this, you mentioned being able to start his HD off his overhead or something with the double punches? Lemme know how that works if you get a chance :D

Cancel the punches. I'll be happy to show you when I play you again! I always go to Luis's place tuesdays, and twice a month at SafeHouse.
    As for my characters I can't help picking everyone at random lol. I feel like a kid in a candy store on the character select screen.
    • CommentAuthorAlan
      2 points
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Holy crap, I feel like I've only been playing half the character after watching that video. I had no idea you could cancel those punches to the stance to get a normal again, and I had no idea you could do a quick cancel of the stance by doing dd K+K. This huge, thank you!

If I can setup HD off of that overhead and the double punches, I may even change my order up and have Chin go second... Hmmm...

EDIT: This is amazing. It's added damage to some of my BnBs, opens up the HD option off of the overhead and makes Chin that much more fun.

I want to work on post counterhit j. CDs with my characters. Most seem to have good options. Both Oki and raw damage.
    • CommentAuthorAlan
      2 points
    Definitely put him second, I agree on that, or last. Duo Long is better on point anyways.
    Chins overhead is a set up for everything lol. But yea you should definitely get on that if you didn't know.
    You can cancel all his normals with ddK+K. It's a really good rush-down tool when used properly.
    Kinda like SF4 Vipers thunder knuckle cancels, but faster... waaaaay faster
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Yeah, see I knew you could cancel normals into other normals but had no idea being able to fast cancel off those double punches, and didn't realize how dd K+K differed from dd+K, this is nuts.

I'm so torn cause I just got use to a damaging BnB with Duo Lon that only uses one drive and one meter. But I guess he can get that easily enough on point. Thanks again man.
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2012
      0 points
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2012
      0 points
    Don't think I'll be able to make it tonight. Planning to be at Safe House this Thursday though. Once holidays are done I'll be able to commit more to regular stuff.

Definitely leveled up each of my characters in the damage and meter usage department. Now to just get use to the changes. Kensou's corner damage is now ridiculous with just one drive meter. With drive and meter it's absurd. Almost makes me not want to HD with him and just use drive haha.
    • CommentAuthorHellFire
      0 points
    Won't be able to make it tonight, forgot I had plans with mi familia. Hopefully I can show up next Tuesday. I'll be at the safehouse on Thursday though.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    Streaming live KOF footage straight from the BASEMENT
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012
      -2 points
    Yuri butt loop. Downloaded!!!
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012 edited
      0 points
    Ranbat #3 Results:

Pedro - 5 points = 15 points total
    Daniel - 3 points = 3 points total
    Edgar - 1 point = 4 points total

Good stuff again guys. We have pretty good players now. This is now some serious leveling up time.

Dani good stuff tonight. Gonna sharpen up my Yuri for Thursday.