Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2012
      0 points
    Don't have on ps3. Will download for free on ps3.
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012
      0 points
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2012 edited
      0 points
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2012
      0 points
    Hey Pedro. My game is still missing so it's not exactly super plausible to practice, but you said I should be more aggressive. I'm just not 100% how. Mind throwing me tips on what ways I can be? Either specifically with my characters or in general?
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2012
      0 points
    Ryyudo:
    My game is still missing so it's not exactly super plausible to practice.

I have an xbox copy that I dont use cause I play on ps3 so I'll take it with me on thursday and you can keep it, as long as you want
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2012
      0 points
    Ryyudo:
    Hey Pedro. My game is still missing so it's not exactly super plausible to practice, but you said I should be more aggressive. I'm just not 100% how. Mind throwing me tips on what ways I can be? Either specifically with my characters or in general?

I noticed with King you play a zoning game. Well at least with me. She has pokes use them more often. Standing D is good.

Mainly what's missing from a lot of the kof peeps is initiating combo strings from lows a or b. Really adds another layer of pressure. Specially when they whiff go for a or b strings.

When we play again I'll point stuffout. We only played like three matches.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012
      0 points
    Battle Opera finals going on right now on twitch.
      0 points
    Justin Wong 3rd Place??? what kind of kof tournament was this
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012
      1 point
    You underestimate wong lol
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    The reason Wong doesn't show up a Top 3 in majors is because he's a tier below the Reynalds, BALAs, and MadKOFs. So he'll usually make Top 8 or Top 16, and in fact almost always does in KoF 13.

This is what I was telling you, Edgar: Fundamentals are super important. It's a lot of Wong does, and it's a lot of what I do now-a-days. It WORKS.

Furthermore, he played '98, rumor has it. No reason not to believe it, either.
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      0 points
    A Chinese person playing KoF '98? What are the odds?
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    I'd like to see the bracket for this tournament.

Anyways, Wong is good at KoF he's just not great at it. Finals were whack, Romance dropping combos like crazy. Reynalds didn't care and just ran through him, no hype whatsoever.
      0 points
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2012
      0 points
    Wong played 98 and from playing him in person many years ago he played 02 - 11.
  16. Member
      0 points
    Hey guys, I'm starting to pick this game up and wanted some input on a possible team comp: Duo Lon on point, Billy 2nd, Kula on anchor. This is mostly gut talking, with a bit of knowledge about each character. I feel like Duo Lon and Billy are both characters that could do well on point with good pokes to make them good without meter. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.
      0 points
    That seems like a fine team. I think you could switch Billy and Duo Lon. I don't know those characters too terribly well, but I'm pretty sure Billy has better options without meter than Duo Lon does.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012
      0 points
    I would almost never put Kula on anchor. She just doesn't have enough with bar to make her work. You can be abusive and burn a ton of it like I do, but I've never had bar problem with her second. I'd put Kanecer last on that team. Kula first, Duo Lon second, Billy last.
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012
      0 points
    It doesn't really matter what Duo Lon can't do without meter, because I think he seriously has basically the best build in the game (outside of long/broken combos like Hwa drunk stuff and Beni lightning loops). Unless you can't even get them to block anything you'll probably get to any given amount of bars before they do.

I don't think Kula is a bad anchor, but Billy is probably the best of the three just because he's Billy. He's really good in general, even if I tend to think of him as a point character (I mean, the other two are also point characters, so lol). If you compare any anchor to Shen/Takuma/theoretical K' that I've never seen anyone play (I saw a combo video where he did the "kills someone starting from a blockstring" thing), they come up lacking so unless you're going to play him then just don't look at it like that.
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2012
      0 points
    metaregress:
    Hey guys, I'm starting to pick this game up and wanted some input on a possible team comp: Duo Lon on point, Billy 2nd, Kula on anchor. This is mostly gut talking, with a bit of knowledge about each character. I feel like Duo Lon and Billy are both characters that could do well on point with good pokes to make them good without meter. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

I think you are starting with hard characters so props for that. My order what I recommend is a bit different I would mess with the order for a bit since Kula's HD combos aren't that effective so 1st order Billy, Kula and Duo Lon, you would have to play really smart with Kula by saving some meter and leaving it for Duo Lon if you have to burn the meter well you got to do it. 2nd order Duo Lon, Kula and Billy and 3rd order the one that Ryyudo said Kula, Duo Lon and Billy last.So like I said mess with the orders try these ones at the end you will discover what order works best for you and also you will find yourself changing characters.