Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012 edited
      0 points
    I actually just decided to pick her up a few nights ago. I got a good feeling, but it's gonna take a while.

She's almost certainly going to end up on point though, which makes things slightly easier.

Other character I've been pondering is Daimon (probably over Shen). Probably won't go anywhere before EVO, but who knows...
      0 points
    JediMindTrick plays Yuri, right...? I hate fighting against Rufus/Yun/Yang and this isn't too much different really.
      0 points
    Big D:
    Romance v. Mago

Oh I just realized that was the match when the stream went down. Definitely watching it now.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012 edited
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    Wow. Wow, we need a Yuri here cause that shit would destroy me hahah.

Negative Rep: JediMindTrick BigD
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012
      0 points
    spineshark:
    I actually just decided to pick her up a few nights ago. I got a good feeling, but it's gonna take a while.

She's almost certainly going to end up on point though, which makes things slightly easier.

Other character I've been pondering is Daimon (probably over Shen). Probably won't go anywhere before EVO, but who knows...

If you want to keep it simple before EVO, I'd say move Shen or Daimon point and the other last. And for right now, unless you're gonna up your grappler game HARD, put Shen last so you can use his easy HDs.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012
      0 points
    LOL @ Mago playing the same team/same order...

He plays a lot different than I do though. Not as aggressive, hit confirms like crazy, footsies in KOF?!? Don't know why Bala was using Kula as anchor, made me mad but then he put her at point so were cool.

Love this game!
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012
      0 points
    I suck so hard at this game! lol

thinking mr karate/mcz iori/beni (dunno order).. anyone got any bnb's I can practice? mission mode was owning my ass last night.. like, jeez, I should just practice magneto instead >< BUT! gonna keep at it for now cause I really enjoy watching it on streams
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012 edited
      0 points
    hydro:
    I suck so hard at this game! lol

thinking mr karate/mcz iori/beni (dunno order).. anyone got any bnb's I can practice? mission mode was owning my ass last night.. like, jeez, I should just practice magneto instead >< BUT! gonna keep at it for now cause I really enjoy watching it on streams

Positive Rep: Ryyudo

Jokes aside: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII will be your beginning key on understanding everything. I personally don't know anything about your three characters, so I can't help you with BnBs directly.

As for order, you have a LOT of variety there and can probably put them anywhere. I'd personally do the order you wrote.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    For Beni just get c.LK, c.LK, rekkas. Ex command grab, lightning bolt, rekkas for mid-screen. And a corner combo off ex command grab. If you have those three down you're already good to go. Then drive cancel combos for corner for extra damage and flare. I hear his HD combo is really short and to the point but I don't know it.

I'll post up some Mr. K stuff later but Pedro would be better for that. Is MCZ flame or claw Iori?
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
      0 points
    I assume it means Claw. Slash marks and all that.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Oh right right haha. Cisco could help with that, actually haha.
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
      0 points
    Yup madcatz iori!!

Ty ty doodz
      0 points
    Claw Iori can get some mad damage for only 1 stock/1 drive (like 500+). His missions are actually pretty solid about showing you what his combos are like, and you can get a lot of combo extension for doing the EX versions of either his qcb moves since they cause juggle.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
      0 points
    Man the online in this game is soooo frustrating. Shitty tactics just work because of input lag, dropping combos everywhere...4-bar matches are awesome, why can't they all be 4-bars?
      0 points
    EDIT: Moved to the EVO thread
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

Benimaru Double Stun Lightning Loops

Shows Marvel players how REAL MAN lightning loops are done.
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2012
      0 points
    Can anyone offer some character suggestions for me in this game? So far I'm best with Hwa Jai, and I generally play pretty well with characters who have good priority normals and have some ability to alter their trajectory/screen position (particularly in the air) for mix-ups. Right now my team is Athena/Yuri/Hwa with Athena on point, but I haven't yet gotten very familiar with Athena or Yuri. These are the other characters I've spent some time with so far:

Saiki - Seems strong overall, but the normals all feel kindof awkward. Even with the teleport, the character doesn't feel particularly mobile to me. I like using the sobat kicks for ambiguous jump/hop shenanigans and combos, and the damage seems pretty decent.
    Kula - Good poking game but doesn't really seem like she has any advantages over Athena as a point character, and I can't really use any of her DM's effectively. I like using her Ray Spin and hopping attacks in pressure strings.
    K' - This one I need to spend some more time with. He seems pretty strong but I find myself relying more on Ein Trigger spam than anything else because everything else feels kindof slow and awkward by comparison.

Any and all advice is welcome.
      0 points
    Kim sounds like someone you'd like. Also I like your comment about Kula v. Athena on point just because Kula completely shuts down Athena IMO (I know that's not really what you were talking about but still). Kula on point isn't terrible really since she can get some good mileage off 1 stock/1 drive.