Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012 edited
      1 point
    I think personally what I'm feeling more than anything is an attitude shift. Like the first couple times it was like "man that was really fun but that was more than enough." And tonight I got home and I was hype all over again. Gotta find more stuff. Gotta learn that elusive third character. Gotta learn when to guard cancel roll out of Mr. Karate and Kensou and Beni's blockstrings. So much to do!
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
      5 points
    KrsJin - I personally saw no Maxima last night. Did you change your mind on him or just trying something new for the time being? It was nice being able to revisit your original team again so I could get some Chin/Duo Lon match up experience. I can kind of see more of what beats Chin now and it's been a really good learning experience. I would say, if you really want to continue with that team, learn some of the Duo Lon shenanigans with the EX teleport or using more tricky teleports in general. That team will continue to be super solid, having lots of tricks and traps to always have to watch out for. I hate doing anything against that team. I would like to do a Kim mirror with you sometime, maybe even 1v1 matches. I feel I have a lot I can learn from your Kim.

9InchSamurai - You're really pulling a lot of overall gameplay together. You're going for a lot of better EX grabs with Takuma, and you're landing Mr.Karate's combos. A lot better use of normals and remembering what situations to use what specials. Good work on that. Continue to hit the practice mode with your characters and continue to get your combos down in each situation. You did very well last night, good job!

Spineshark - While sad to see Leona go, I respect that all the same. It seems that the more rushdown switch of characters is doing you some good. You're learning to play fierce and smarter, versus being afraid and down-backing most of the match. You're abusing the shit out of Shen's j.CD, which is great. Learn his other air normals' situations more and you'll be able to confirm more often. Considering his low is HARD to combo off of, this is important. You're also abusing EX Kyo's good air normals, just be careful about abusing them too much, because I kept finding ways to slip out of it and put you back into the corner. Still, the rushdown is a new flavor for you. Once you learn the balance between the two, you'll be great. Personally, I'd move Shen last. His HD's are only slightly harder, and can do more damage. Also, Shen + bar = good things instead of EX Kyo + bar. Also, your mentality seemed to be a lot better last night, as you mentioned, which I think is because some things are starting to finally click with you some. The character change and play style changed net you some very convincing wins.

Edgar - You did the follow up! You killed characters! Hypehypehype! I'm glad to see you making those decisions to finish off characters or push the advantage when you're behind with Super. It does a lot more than just damage to the character, it shows you have the mentality to put the hurt down, and makes me so much more afraid to approach, be aggressive, or take risks. This gives you a lot of space to control, and I tend to give up ground like a Native American, especially with a character like Clark. Don't be afraid to dole that 50% damage off a command grab, it works in your favor in so many ways.

Romora - You're still landing combos which is good, but the use of normals will still have to be built over time. I think you just need to take some time to study the systems of the game a bit more, which WILL take some out-of-game effort. For example, you'd keep rolling in really bad situations. But I think you may not know it's a bad situation, or why it's a bad situation. You really almost never want to roll on jab pressure because the roll becomes vulnerable at the end and with the recovery on jabs, you opponent can easy time/mash out a hit into a combo. So watch out for your roll use, and start to watch for what some people do while their back is in the corner. It's not an easy situation in KoF. Don't be afraid to ask what works, what you should do, what move your opponent was doing, or to even state what move you were trying to do. That way, a possible explanation can be offered.

Thanks again for hosting, KrsJin! Thanks all for coming and showing why KoF is the best game, and showing you all aren't scrubs what-so-ever for really hunkering down and learning a game you really HAVE to win. I was impressed with the level of play and the increase of skill over LESS than a week, last night, and I hope this keeps going strong!
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Ryyudo:
    KrsJin - I personally saw no Maxima last night. Did you change your mind on him or just trying something new for the time being? It was nice being able to revisit your original team again so I could get some Chin/Duo Lon match up experience. I can kind of see more of what beats Chin now and it's been a really good learning experience. I would say, if you really want to continue with that team, learn some of the Duo Lon shenanigans with the EX teleport or using more tricky teleports in general. That team will continue to be super solid, having lots of tricks and traps to always have to watch out for. I hate doing anything against that team. I would like to do a Kim mirror with you sometime, maybe even 1v1 matches. I feel I have a lot I can learn from your Kim.

Oh I was only playing Maxima/Beni to give CO players experience against them. I like both but never planned on maining either. And yeah I agree about learning more stuff with Duo Lon including the ex teleport stuff. Scared to waste a meter on something like that atm though.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      3 points
    Sounds like you guys had a great session last night. I'll be on that OT practice mode, be ready for next week.
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2012
      1 point
    give up ground like a native american? Yeah ok.

Been playing at a friend's house this last week and trying to implement the tidbits of helpful information that was given to me at the last tournament. Difficult but I need to attend KrsJin's KOF gatherings to get even more help. Love the game but my friend isn't very serious about it at all and he's mostly more of a moving training dummy. I found it was best to totally ignore K' and Kyo and focus on Robert. I haven't really practiced many of his combos but I think this week I'm going to really dig into learning how to use him in a non-street fighter way. Currently, I play him last just because he's street fighter-esque. lol I need to get out of that bad habit! Glad you guys are improving and having fun doing it :)
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2012
      0 points
    ^Holla, well try and make one next week when I hold it here!
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Ryyudo:
    Spineshark - While sad to see Leona go, I respect that all the same. It seems that the more rushdown switch of characters is doing you some good. You're learning to play fierce and smarter, versus being afraid and down-backing most of the match. You're abusing the shit out of Shen's j.CD, which is great. Learn his other air normals' situations more and you'll be able to confirm more often. Considering his low is HARD to combo off of, this is important. You're also abusing EX Kyo's good air normals, just be careful about abusing them too much, because I kept finding ways to slip out of it and put you back into the corner. Still, the rushdown is a new flavor for you. Once you learn the balance between the two, you'll be great. Personally, I'd move Shen last. His HD's are only slightly harder, and can do more damage. Also, Shen + bar = good things instead of EX Kyo + bar. Also, your mentality seemed to be a lot better last night, as you mentioned, which I think is because some things are starting to finally click with you some. The character change and play style changed net you some very convincing wins.

After sleeping on it, I still really want to come back to Leona, and not just because I really like her. As long as I can teach myself to play better there's no way I can learn anyone else better than her in just a month, and even now I'm trying to work on some new stuff (I found a new TOD tonight that's not exactly the most practical thing ever, but still). I just really need the break so I can stop relying on stupid shit and bad habits I learned right out the gate. Probably won't use her much next week, but after that I think she'll be back on the team.

Oh yeah, new corner combo is:
    Counterhit ground CD (it goes pretty far!) xx qcb BCD j.qcfhcb AC, (db~ub C hdc fwd. D) x3 xx qcbhcf AC = 999 damage. You can squeeze in another charge rep if you want, I guess. Obviously not very practical in general though considering the only way to confirm it is if you see their arm/leg move (since you have to do HDA/Earring as soon as the punch hits). It looks goddamned amazing though.

or you can do 4 slash loops on the ground, then do EX VSlasher into neomax. But that only does 991.

Also, compared to Elizabeth's grab combos, Shen's are insanely easy to actually do. Keeping in range and remembering to do them is a slightly different story.
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2012
      0 points
    Krsjin are you holding a Kof gathering this wed or Thursday?
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    Thurs if it works for y'all. Tuesday is gonna be VF I think. Gonna make a separate thread for gatherings here.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2012 edited
      3 points
    Good, because I reallyreally want to play this week!!
      0 points
    I think I'm going to both. Getting restless just in the training room for so long.
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012
      0 points
    Thursday works thanks.
  13. Member
    • CommentAuthorRomora
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012
      0 points
    Thursday works.
      0 points
    Bala won MLG Spring Championship with King/Takuma/Shen. I really wish I watched his matches.

Thursday is good for me too.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Picking up a new character.

BECAUSE I CAN.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012
      0 points
    With the site going down for many days, I'm so sorry but I don't remember much of what I wanted to say from the last session.

None-the-less, super roughly:

Pedro: Fuck you! Nah man, I feel like I'm finally understanding some of the things you do and what I should expect. Thank you for always playing so solid and smart. I feel like I'm actually catching up.

Edgar: I don't think we got to play, oops. My fault again. Still, I'm watching you and you're doing things a lot better, especially with combos and just getting your damage. Good job filling the games in your gameplay!

Spineshark: Your frustration shows, which is good. Now, are you taking that frustration and learning what you need to? What ARE you learning, actually when you get home and get into that practice mode? What things do you work on. I think it may be useful to turn the computer to all block and see what pressures you do, because they do get repetitive and I can expect the same things to come eventually, hence hitting you with Takuma's Neomax 5-some times. Careful on being predictable. Don't mix "rushdown" with "predictability"

KrsJin: Fuuuuuuuuuck!!! You out played me, and that's just that. You're super smart and solid when you hit. I can see that you're a bit lost when it comes to true footsies games. Your use of air normals are great, but when you get that mid to full screen, I am starting to feel stronger in getting you to do something (I'll be forever scared of Chin counter). Once you learn how to get in better, and do more tricksies with Duo Lon to stay in, I think you'll be scary as fuck.

9Inch: It seemed you had lost spirit/awakeness about half way through our long ass set. I don't blame you, it's cool, it was long, and it's not easy to stay in all the time when losses can pile up. I really wish I could remember the one thing I wanted to say to you, but I just can't. Sorry man =/ Careful of lows and pokes, it seems like Romora was making you eat them pretty good. And be ready to abuse predictable things from your opponent.

Romora: While you are strongly depending on DPs, your poke game is leading into combos which is good. We didn't get to play but from what I watched, your pokes kept leading into damage which allowed you to beat 9Inch. Good work on that, but be careful of the anti-poke technology he may have not used against you much yet.
      0 points
    I decided I need to be more experimental when I'm playing and losing. If I'm losing, that means I'm not doing something I could be doing to make me win. I started looking at frame data over the weekend and set up some stuff in training mode, just to see what I can do against certain things, and, surprise, I can actually punish and stop a lot of things that seem impossible to beat when I'm actually playing a match.

Also: KrsJin your Ryo is fucking awesome and the way you played him really pushed me to go back to him. I've always liked him in other games, but I just couldn't figure him out in this one so I gave up, but not anymore.
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorRomora
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012
      0 points
    Last week I didn't get to practice at all, but I'm glad I could get some good advice out of it. I have 3 possible anchor/3rd character choices and I'm gonna try them all out later tonight and hopefully have some solid knowledge of them by thursday/whenever the next session is.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012
      0 points
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012
      0 points
    Wow. Wow, we need a Yuri here cause that shit would destroy me hahah.