Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
      0 points
    So I feel like I need to practice doing DPs on reaction. There were several times last night where I tried to DP and got something else entirely.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012
      0 points
    I can tell that all of us have improved from just these sessions alone. It's great that you keep hosting these KrsJin. A small tourney would be awesome to help out with the jitters that you get when we play in a tournament. I would say to have something at risk to get that tournament feel.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012 edited
      2 points
    KrsJin - I don't think anyone holds that against you. There's plenty of salt flowing between the general group and that's a good thing. As you said, shows we want more. Plus, you don't get to practice and you still seem to be understanding everything about your new team at a ridiculous rate. Your Maxima command grabs are getting super on point and there's less guesswork behind them versus using them as a punish. Very good work on that, and you're using Beni's more too, even if you miss the combo after. I THINK it's a normal lightning after the command grab to continue to combo, going off what I can remember from Sko, now thinking about it.

Pedro - Thanks for playing a different team during our set. I know NOTHING about EX Kyo so it really helped to see the dos and don'ts better of him. Lots of game play can be anti-jump, but I think he's one of the best jumping shut-down characters due to all his guard points. Also, thanks for reminding me of little things here and there as we played, it made for learning things better. Despite it being an older team, your Joe and Robert are still on point.

Edgar - I started just mentally blocking myself on Saiki because I would forget certain options and guess wrong on others so much. Good stuff there. I still would like to see more damage out of your Clark, you sit on so much bar so often and when I don't feel the threat of taking half life from a Super Cancel, I will just throw random moves out sometimes. Make him HULK OUT. And damnit, pick a 3rd already lol. You'll be so solid once you stick with one instead of having to remove yourself from a character each gathering, cause you didn't land more than like one or Two vice combos against me.

9InchSamurai - You pretty much recapped the point I gave ya last night. Reaction DP vs Prediction DP. You can be much easier baited out of predictions versus reaction that you see. Get your commands for Mr.Karate down better and you'll be doing great. You're using a lot of his tools only having picked him up for a week, so good job there. Keep it up! As you play more, I believe your overall team will really begin to shape out. Don't feel so blah when you drop combos, as I think it hurts your mental more than it should. We're Americans, it's a reset ;).

Spineshark - I know the game is frustrating. Hell, everyone's had to deal with my saltiness, in AND out of the community, for a long time before things started clicking with the game these past few weeks. That time WILL come if you keep playing and practicing what you need to practice. With the pick up of Shen, you really need to start learning the aggressive game. You're making good use of the j.CDs so that's good. Just be ready to hit confirm or not with Shen and be sure to cancel your charge punches because that'll make his pressure safe and can lead into more pressure/guard breaks/mindgames/mix-ups. Get used to that cancel timing on first frame. Otherwise, I still want to see more from Leona. Your Leona and Ash combos are EXACTLY the same. This is fine for Ash as he wants them to be kicked away with simple damage so he can zone, for Leona, this is far from fine. If she's on the outside, she needs to make a guess to get in, because her game doesn't work from the outside. Learn your block strings and the like. I see the overhead, f+B, used alone, but I don't see it chained from other attacks. Chain it! CHAIN IT!!

Romora - You definitely have some combos down that you will land in most given situations. That's pretty impressive for just picking up the game, I won't lie. Find your 3rd character and stick with them. Learn the strength of each characters' normal and special moves, and realize they're very specialized. You kept eating Kim's far s.D because you kept throwing out lows. Find those good and situational moves of your own character and learn when and where to use them. Don't panic and take advice, or at least show you're taking it.

Everyone - http://wiki.shoryuken.com/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII Just read the Wiki from time to time! Re-read your characters and take in their moves in bite-size chunks. If you have questions about other characters, they cover a decent amount of stuff. There's also a link on the front page for some framedata they've done.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      1 point
    Oops thumbs up Ryyudo.
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthorRomora
      1 point
    Thanks for the advice jamal. The first day I picked up the game, I did as many trials as I could for each character. I think for now I'm set on Mature/King/Kyo. I dropped Hwa Jai and picked up Mature last night. When I get fully ungrounded, I'm gonna start practicing my combos and learn those situational moves you're talking about. Thanks to KrsJin for hosting, I had a great time last night! Maybe next week we can do a tournament type thing depending on how many people come. I can work the brackets! Cya guys next week.
    Illuminati
    • CommentAuthorTrue_Tech
      0 points
    i will probably attempt to make a trip up there one day, i get off at 8:30 on thursdays so i wouldn't get in on the full session but when i feel confident in my combos i'll head up there and work on actual gameplay sometime.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    What are your Wednesdays like True_Tech? We may be doing it Weds this week.
      3 points
    Pedro:
    I can tell that all of us have improved from just these sessions alone. It's great that you keep hosting these KrsJin.

I know that this has definitely been making me more honest about practicing, even if it is just a couple extra hours per week.
    Illuminati
    • CommentAuthorTrue_Tech
      3 points
    i'm off wed but will be baby sitting, i'll have to set up a free one to come up, i'll keep you posted though.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012 edited
      -1 points
    Would Monday work for you guys this week? Random and short notice I know, but I'm planning to make Weds and Thurs VF this week!! Then the following weeks I'll have one day for KoF one day for VF and just alternate.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012
      1 point
    Monday would work fine for me.
      1 point
    Monday is good for me as well
      1 point
    I'm ok with Monday.
  14. Member
    • CommentAuthorRomora
      0 points
    Should be fine.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Awesome, already enough to warrant doing it. So let's plan on Monday 6-12 again! Thanks guys.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012
      3 points
    Damn good thing I got on. I'll be there tomorrow. :)
      2 points
    I'll be there too. May have to leave a bit early (not sure) but good deal either way.

I've been thinking for a couple weeks about putting down Leona for a while since I'm having a hard time unlearning stupid shit I do (which...always happens). Spent the last couple nights grinding EX Kyo and I'm feeling pretty good about him, haha. Have to see what I think after going in there, though.

Also, couple things from last time that were talked about slightly:
    Jamaal: Stream Monster Name Generator I was telling you about, haha
    Pedro: From talking to Recon at the tournament it sounded like they were trying to get the next one at the end of this month, which I take to mean the 30th. Be good if we could get a little clarification soon though.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012 edited
      1 point
    Gonna be there a bit late. Have a few things I need to do.

Edit: Sorry guys not gonna be able to make it. I'll catch the next one. :(
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
      2 points
    Thanks again for running this KrsJin. Really impressed, there has been a level jump this week from last. Will write the usual review in the morn.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
      2 points
    Yeah thanks for coming over on such short notice guys. And I definitely agree everyone seems to be leveling up, which is great. Sorry about no Weds/Thurs gathering this week but alas, VF is coming out haha. But I promise I'm not dropping KoF, and we'll still have gatherings for it!