Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. Member
    • CommentAuthorRomora
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012
      0 points
    If I can make it, (doubtful I'll be able to though...) I can bring an HDMI cable, AV cables and a copy for KoF for 360.
    Illuminati
    • CommentAuthorTrue_Tech
      0 points
    is the online for this playable in state? i'm actually gonna put a bit of practice into this game
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    What time should I/We be over there?

@True: It's okay, even with it being the best level of online you'll get. It's playable in my experiences, I'll put it like that.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    6 start time. Anytime after that is fine.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    If anyone else is coming over, please bring an arcade stick. We're short one for the third setup :/ 6 people here total atm.
      0 points
    Good session last night everyone. Gonna practice up a lot tonight for tomorrow's tournament. Think I'm gonna focus on Robert as my third, and I'm still not convinced Mr. Karate is right for me but I'll keep using him for now.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2012
      0 points
    Thanks again for hosting, KrsJin!

Time for the usual feedback.

Spineshark
    We got to talk a bit during the night. From what you've said, and from just watching you play. You're way too finicky and I think that's due to a lack of experience. I want you to go back to basics. You don't use Leona's shenanigans that follow up from chaining into the overhead kick (f+B I assume) from blockstrings. Figure that stuff out.

Also, go into training mode, turn on inputs, and see how you enter your inputs and tighten up what you do. This will help you for ALL games. Your hands REALLY fly when you do inputs. Also, careful about being baited. You can see I'm obviously doing things to make you do your uppers, but instead of just not giving it to me, it feels like you see it as a challenge to try and hit me with it. If you see me trying to bait you out throw a kick, fireball, or something. I'll be patient all day because I know I can pretty much force it out of you.

KrsJin
    I love your Maxima so far. He's so much hurt and it seems you're really enjoying exploring his pressure and options. Which is scary because that means you're creating a lot of new technology. Once you feel more comfortable with Benimaru (who I still think should go last) I'm fucked.

Pedro
    Always strong. Keep playing smart with those DPs and reads. I'm glad to find out that pressure and good pokes does work on you, at least until yours are stronger, better placed, faster, and smarter haha.

Edgar
    I think it's necessary to take a page from Pedro's book and try to go for that damage a lot more often. I saw so many matches that could have ended if you canceled into that EX super. You've been better about combos as a whole though, and that's really good with your strong use of normals. Start really watching for situations for when you need to do your damage and maximize that. Also, what can you can do after EX Kyo's overhead kick?

9InchSamurai
    From the get go, it seems you have more a natural comfort with Mr.Karate. He is far less difficult, no need for charging, etc.. Just get used to using Liz's pokes, safe specials and being ready to snipe people out of air and comboing from it, even if it's just straight into raw super. I said it at some point during the night, Elizabeth's counter is super similar to rolling, so use it similar to a roll and be ready to throw out a cl.C for option selection purposes.
    Illuminati
    • CommentAuthorTrue_Tech
      0 points
    thinking about giving up elisabeth for ash, i don't feel comfortable with her overlapping motions, and shes a meter hog. any reason this wouldn't be a good move that isn't exe related? right now i'm thinking in order ash mr.k ex kyo.
      0 points
    Ryyudo:
    Spineshark
    We got to talk a bit during the night. From what you've said, and from just watching you play. You're way too finicky and I think that's due to a lack of experience. I want you to go back to basics. You don't use Leona's shenanigans that follow up from chaining into the overhead kick (f+B I assume) from blockstrings. Figure that stuff out.

I noticed this too - you almost never used her overhead in a combo. That was pretty much my go to blockstring when I practiced with her.

Ryyudo:
    Also, go into training mode, turn on inputs, and see how you enter your inputs and tighten up what you do. This will help you for ALL games. Your hands REALLY fly when you do inputs.

I still have a big problem with inputs in this game too - I'm constantly getting those fireball supers with Robert/Ryo/Takuma when all I want is a qcf.

Ryyudo:
    KrsJin
    I love your Maxima so far. He's so much hurt and it seems you're really enjoying exploring his pressure and options. Which is scary because that means you're creating a lot of new technology. Once you feel more comfortable with Benimaru (who I still think should go last) I'm fucked.

This +1. I've never really seen a Maxima played like that. Good stuff.

Ryyudo:
    9InchSamurai
    From the get go, it seems you have more a natural comfort with Mr.Karate. He is far less difficult, no need for charging, etc..

Really? Because I've found Mr. K to be much harder execution-wise than Takuma. His qcf C, f.f., qcf hcb AC combo is really hard for me to get down, and is basically a FADC with less time to buffer inputs.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    I know they tried, and pure respect for all parties attempting, but...

http://dsarena.free.fr/temp/KOFXIII/ In here there is a download for all the KoFXIII unused English Voices.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2012
      0 points
    Going to be picking up a few other characters to help out with character knowledge.
  12. Member
    • CommentAuthorRomora
      0 points
    Is the gathering gonna be on Thursday this week? I'm off of school and can probably come over any day (with godfather's consent of course >_>.) I reaallllllly wanna take this game seriously. I've owned it for about a month now and haven't played anybody other than my friends the day I got it and the AI. Lemme know!
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    I think KrsJin said Wednesday was going to be better for him this week...But could end up being Thursday again lol.
      0 points
    So unless I'm missing something it looks like you can't practice hit-confirms very well in training mode. When you set it to random guard, the dummy will only block low if it's crouching, and will only block high if it's standing. I really need to practice hit-confirming into everything and if the training mode is really like this, it seems the best way to do it is arcade mode.
  15. Member
      0 points
    Playing k,mr.karate,yuri any help on order would help.the order im using them now is yuri,mr.k,k.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2012
      1 point
    I would run K' first or Mr. K first personally. I would run K' first if it was me for sure.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2012
      0 points
    I agree. Use Mr.K or K' first. Get Yuri's HD combos down because hers works on a full-screen basis and does good damage and she opens opponents up well.

I'd do K', Mr.K, Yuri if it were me.
  18. Member
      0 points
    Yes I went with k,mr.k,yuri.thanks alot guys you will be impressed
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2012 edited
      0 points
    http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/6uCiy2OMvK8R

Choysauce and Blandwolf matches podcast. They actually review and explain things in the matches which may be a good thing for us newer players, but experienced players alike.

To convince Spineshark to watch it: There is Leona play. Already learned a couple new things to watch out for.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2012
      1 point
    Hey crew. Turns out weds isn't going to work so how's Thursday again for everyone?