Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2012
      0 points
    Thanks for running this KrsJin, just like old times. Sorry for my frustrations, I spent a long time just thinking why I could get good at KoF before I came over and I think it just hit me harder than my normal NaCl levels.

KrsJin - Still way good, remember everything, and I still can't even touch you. It's depressing to me, but awesome at the same time. I hope you get the game back soon, I really don't see why you haven't. :(

Edgar - Oops, didn't get to play you, huh? Well as of the last tournament, you're definitely getting a lot lot better. Hitting combos and being less baited with the DPs. Awesome work!

Pedro - Thanks. I really don't feel like it, but I am my own biggest critic. I decided near the end of my set with KrsJin that I'd go ahead and play more with spacing and timing things so I discovered a few things as time went on during the evening. Because I'm not good with bar and Kim yet, I wanna keep him first or second. I really don't want to put King last, so I might move her first since she's not really using the bar at this time. I'll play with the order more as I get more comfortable. Strong as always though, Pedro. I really wanted to play your Iori more, but I have to earn my way there first.

It may look like I'm purely frustrated sometimes when I put my face in my hands, but I'm actually re-imaging the match, and imagining what I can do in turn of certain events, or what I can try next. I'm so lack of ideas at this game I do need to just sit and think about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm angry as fuck still, but I try to figure out what's going wrong all the same.

Spineshark - Pretty much what Pedro said, don't get carried away. I was starting to be amused by me jiggling the stick as if it were an input for you to do an DP. Ash's DP is good, just do it more when you think the opponent won't expect it, not trying to beat a non-jump in attack.

9 Inch Samurai - You're getting more solid. I can see why you don't want to keep Andy though. You don't seem to abuse those frame traps well. And I agree, he kind of seems really average in the general scheme of characters. I still like your Takuma, I want to see more GET OFF ME! command grabs.

Yeah, I agree with the third set-up. If we can always get this number, at least.
      0 points
    Ryyudo:
    9 Inch Samurai - You're getting more solid. I can see why you don't want to keep Andy though. You don't seem to abuse those frame traps well. And I agree, he kind of seems really average in the general scheme of characters. I still like your Takuma, I want to see more GET OFF ME! command grabs..

I also really like how Takuma plays so it's not like I want to get rid of him. I'll give Mr. K a try for a bit but I think his lack of a real fireball might be enough to turn me off, because I really like having fireball utility with a character. Just wish he had that uppercut...
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
      0 points
    Yeah I dunno, long fireballs aren't even that much better in this game because it's pretty easy to roll past them if you're that far away anyway. Ryo's or even Elizabeth's can be a really good/annoying poke, but I was getting straight-up mindfucked by the invisible ones that Pedro kept doing.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Thanks a ton for coming over guys!

Can't tell you how great it was to play KoF again, let alone with other people!

I'll do a write up later.

Next week I'll have a K', Beni, Maxima team together for practice sake. HD combos and all!
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
      0 points
    Yeah a third set up definitely need it I can always bring my xbox and a copy of kof I just dont have a monitor so let me know if someone wants to bring a monitor oh and next time we should do something like 2 out of 3 games so we can all have the chance to play each other
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012
      0 points
    So which day is the next one going to be?
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    I was going to try Wednesday this week but honestly it looks like I may have to stick to Thursday again. Work for y'all?
      3 points
    Thursday's good for me.
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012 edited
      0 points
      3 points
    Thursday is good
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      3 points
    Thursday should be fine.
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
      3 points
    Have a family dinner on Wednesday, so Thursday is definitely better.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      3 points
    Thursdays are always good for me!

A third setup would be awesome...Can anybody bring an extra monitor?
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
      1 point
    MAXIMMMAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

My Beni is gonna be awful, my MAXIMA is going to OCV nations!!!! Hahaha, psych, this is my first day playing this new team for you guys but I'll give it my best for sure.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
      0 points
    Oh snap! Gonna practice up tonight. ;)
      0 points
    Pedro:
    A third setup would be awesome...Can anybody bring an extra monitor?

I can bring my monitor+speaker setup, just need to make sure there's some regular A/V cables for the 360 so I can plug it into my speakers.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012
      0 points
    Is it an Asia monitor 9InchSamurai? I'm cool with stock speakers for practice. No need to get fancy.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      2 points
    KrsJin:
    Is it an Asia monitor 9InchSamurai? I'm cool with stock speakers for practice. No need to get fancy.

You on that yellow fever?
      0 points
    KrsJin:

No mine doesn't have built-in speakers.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    stikfiga:
    KrsJin:

You on that yellow fever?

Hahaha, whoops. Nope not yellow fever, it's at the lowest it probably has ever been. Auto-correct strikes agian.

Well, I'm cool without sound in all honesty but if you want to bring the speakers that's fine too 9inchsamurai. I don't think I have AV cables for my 360 atm though :/