Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
      0 points
    Thursday is good for me too.
  2. Member
    • CommentAuthorRomora
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
      0 points
    Thursday it is?
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012 edited
      0 points
    skilletor:
    And that trick is...?

You can do EX V-slasher with ABC instead of just AC, which causes you to enter HD mode at the same time as doing the super. Then you can go straight into neomax from there (or juggle with an HD combo if they're in the air). Does like 800 damage instantly, and I'm already used to pretty much always buffering the super.

Sadly you can't HD after an instant overhead, but you can also get it off of an instant j.HK if you're already in HD.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    You can pretty much buffer a special move into HD immediately with any character. Saiki has a pretty easy one on corner qcb+bc.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      2 points
    Yeah, looking like Thursday. Around 6 start time, can go til about 11-12. Only real rule for my place is to not get -too- loud, especially later in the night. Other than that, come practice up and kick it! I'll post my addy tomorrow.
      0 points
    I haven't experimented too much with buffering HD into specials, but I imagine I could do it with Andy's kick canceling and land his elbow neomax during the juggle.
      0 points
    Pedro:
    You can pretty much buffer a special move into HD immediately with any character. Saiki has a pretty easy one on corner qcb+bc.

Yeah, but this is one I already know how to do raw :S
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    KrsJin do you have additional TVs or monitors? I can bring my 360 but don't have a portable monitor at the time.

I say we need at least two setups for the amount of people that are going.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Yeah was about to ask if someone could bring another setup. I've only got one atm. It's 360 btw. Anyone with a spare asus?
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Unfortunately my monitor doesn't do HD (just svideo or RGB) since it's like 10 years old. It's really easy to move and doesn't lag, though, so if we really need one I can bring it just in case.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012
      4 points
    Ok so tomorrow night (Thursday at 6 PM) we're on. Sorry Ryyudo :/ next week we'll plan a night you can make. I also apologize but I won't really have food on hand. A few drinks but no food really. You're welcome to bring food or pick some up at a nearby place though.

My address is 4400 South Monaco Street apt #417 Denver, CO 80237. You WILL get confused coming here, so have my number ready to call haha. It is three zero three, 648, one 8 zero 9. Here's a map I made up awhile back. Try not to laugh, if it isn't too confusing it could help a bit lol.

Also, I will be rusty. No way around it. I haven't had a copy of the game and the last time I've played was the night I played at AuraWind's fight club a few months back haha.
      0 points
    spineshark:
    Unfortunately my monitor doesn't do HD (just svideo or RGB) since it's like 10 years old. It's really easy to move and doesn't lag, though, so if we really need one I can bring it just in case.

I can bring my 20" monitor (720p) with separate speakers (need the RGB cables to hook a 360 up to the speakers though).
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012 edited
      3 points
    Just scored a 23" Asus on craigslist for $100. :) I'll bring it tomorrow night to complete another setup.

KrsJin don't worry about the rust, I'm sure it'll come back to ya after a couple of matches. I'll probably show up around 630-7pm.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      1 point
    That is my favorite map.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Oh shi! Good stuff Pedro, thanks man!
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012
      0 points
    So Pedro said he could "complete" a setup with that monitor. I wasn't sure what he meant so I brought my 360 (which doesn't have DLC) and a copy of the game with me when I left home earlier. We'll need another disc since krsjin doesn't have one and HDMI cables if we have to use my console, I think?
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Perfect, forgot to ask for someone to bring another copy. Good looking out Spineshark, thanks!

EDIT: Put a sign on my garage which will be open. Door will be unlocked so just come on in.

If you're the first car here you can pull into my garage behind mine. Second car can park in the drive way. But if you do park in the garage know that you could be blocked in til the others leave haha.

If you haven't left yet, bring a stick if you can! I've only got one atm. Need 4 total but I assume some are bringing theirs anyway.
      0 points
    Good stuff last night everyone. I realized after I left that Wednesdays are slightly better than Thursdays for me, but Thursdays are by no means bad so whatever works.

I'm definitely gonna pick up some more characters to play and I'm still debating whether to drop Andy or not - I feel he just doesn't have any kind of tricks that do anything cool; the best I see is his neomax on reaction, and frametraps with elbow block strings. Mostly likely I will replace Takuma with Mr. Karate since there doesn't seem to be much reason not to. I think I definitely improved my game in terms of keeping pressure up, but I'm still struggling with how to deal with good pressure - thankfully everyone is really good at being aggressive so I'll get it eventually.
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2012
      0 points
    Thanks Krsjin for having me yesterday good games this is definitely good practice I need it. Oh and Pedro I promise you will see me landing those HD combos next time.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2012
      1 point
    It felt good to get some casuals in without worrying about lag. Definitely saw somethings I need to improve on not only with execution but setting up mix ups. Here are my two cents from last nights matches:

KrsJin - First of all thanks for having us last night, you have a nice pad. Even though you haven't played for awhile you did quite well. I completely forgot what Chin was capable of and it was nice to get that knowledge again.

Edgar - I think you should stick with your team because it will be hard to get new characters down in time for EVO. I always say the same thing to you but I'll say it again lol...You need to get more mix-ups in, specially with Clark. Sometimes you just have to risk it to get that life lead. I say try to implement more pressure in your game.

Jamal - Your Kim is getting better I can see that not only with execution but with your spacing. I still think Kula should be on point though. Also don't get frustrated when you can't find a way to overcome something it'll just turn against you. Stay calm and keep focus.

Spineshark - Don't be afraid to throw an uppercut every now and then just don't get carried away.

9inchsam - Didn't get a chance to get some games in with you but changing to Mr. Karate is a good choice.

Maybe a 3rd setup would be a good idea?!? Waiting around was not very fun lol