Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012
      0 points
    http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/31/kofxiii-patch-details-focus-on-bug-fixes-online-stability/
      0 points
    I played a person earlier this morning with a 4 bar connection. First time I've seen that ever. Not sure when the 360 patch hits though.
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012
      0 points
    9inchsamurai:
    I played a person earlier this morning with a 4 bar connection. First time I've seen that ever. Not sure when the 360 patch hits though.
    The online is very very smooth its nice they did a good job i have been playing 3 and 4 bars only all morning if you have a kof on ps3 you got to play xbox patch is probably here soon
  4. Member
    • CommentAuthorRUTT ROSS
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2012
      0 points
    Hey guys I picked up this game. What button layout do you guys use? I have a TE stick....
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2012 edited
      2 points
    The arcade had two layouts you could choose from. One was a block formation that used the inside four, the other is a rainbow layout that used the left two and the top 3.

LP HP or LK HP HK
    LK HK __ LP

EDIT: Found more info here.
    Hyper Guide, button layout.
  6. Member
    • CommentAuthorRomora
      0 points
    I've found one character I like so far. Maxima, and I only know a few of his trial mode combos. Any recommendations?
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
      0 points
    Play who you like... or think you might like. Maybe you think the name is cool. Maybe you like their hairstyle. Just pick 3 and work on them lol
      0 points
    joeyorion:
    Maybe you like their hairstyle.

That's the exact reason I picked up Andy.
  9. Member
    • CommentAuthorKnobbonk
      0 points
    Anyone got some info to get me started with console Raiden? Almost everything I can find online is about arcade Raiden, and most of that boils down to 'charge dropkick, meterless 90%, win'
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      2 points
    Sure don't. He might be the character I know the least about. I have been hearing a lot lately though, that he's still really good in console, arcade players just haven't made the switch.

It's official, this is my main focus for EVO now. I enjoy the game way too much not to go for broke in it.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Alright I have got my characters picked out:

Kensou
    Yuri
    & Beni

Where should I go forum wise and whats the best way to tackle this? I'm a straight noob lol I also have really no one to play with either, I want to start playing this instead of UMVC3.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    go to the srk kof guide for info on console characters. forums are useless for this game.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Pro One:

Where should I go forum wise and whats the best way to tackle this? I'm a straight noob lol I also have really no one to play with either, I want to start playing this instead of UMVC3.

Cool squad.

I'd say go to http://dreamcancel.com/ for stuff. They have some really good threads for some of the cast. The Kensou stuff I know is really good.
  14. Member
    • CommentAuthorKnobbonk
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2012 edited
      0 points
    Anyone interested in trying some online matches at some point? WY to CO shouldn't be that bad? ...right? (it's probably awful)
    FlatLine
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    Pro One:

Cool squad.

I'd say go to http://dreamcancel.com/ for stuff. They have some really good threads for some of the cast. The Kensou stuff I know is really good.

Cool well have together so you can teach me some kensou stuff I'll check the two sites thanks guys.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2012
      7 points
    After speaking with Half i'm going to take the advice Edgar and Pedro have been telling me and play more characters. I think i have a pretty good idea of who i like style wise. The only "stylish" character i play is kyo terry is pretty basic so is lizzy for that matter. i'll be giving most of the grapplers some time this week. might even end up playing bear who no one seems to like for some reason. and i'll be trying some of the girls again. Kula seems cool(See what i did there). King Vice are also on my radar. goal is to have a decent 2nd maybe even 3rd team by the end of the week.

Joe,Clark,Bear,Ralph,Shen(i hate his design but he is damn good) and the ladies mentioned earlier..Time to lab it up. Sorry marvel :(
    KICK THE TREE
      2 points
    I like Joe a lot. He looks fun.
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2012 edited
      0 points
    A good Mr.Karate is a beast. Not sure if he'll be allowed in tournaments.

Kula is great, she can link her Neomax and mini-Neomax off a lot of stuff.

Edit: Oh and I use Raiden, what's this about people not using him?

His DP ex'd is your best AA.

Crouching fierce is nice and combos into db,f+lp or 2P. c.HP also counters a lot of small jump attacks (maybe more by catching them on the way up).

If you have drive, always followup his shoulder move with the air-throw if you can; easier to hit confirm with the EX shoulder of course. In the corner, you can do it without drive.

In close, c.lk combos into hcf+K easily; just delay your throw a bit, you can't buffer it. 2xlk into ex'd grab.

cross up j.hk, s.HP, hcb+lp, hcf+k/2k is a good BnB.

His Neomax is good of course and will counter everything. FWIW, I've mashed it when people were getting all hokey pokey with HD combo attempts and nailed them.

I wouldn't rely too much on his armor move and command air throw.
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2012
      2 points
    Why wouldn't Mr.k be playable in tourneys?
      0 points
    Ok so there's still a lot about these games I don't really understand. I don't understand why I can be thrown after doing a jump-in D but whenever I try it to someone else it doesn't work. I don't get why I can be thrown when I'm right next to them mashing cr. B. I'm still not sure how to go rushdown either because whenever I try it just gets beaten. It feels like there some secret timing to doing meaties and jump-ins in this game that I don't know about.