Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2012
      1 point
    Smilez:
    Raiden or Goro?

LOL raiden neo max GTFO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX2rTfdeiTw
  2. SmilezCo CEO
    • CommentAuthorSmilez
      4 points
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE WE GO

I'm sold
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    Pretty sure Ryo's neo max is still the best, sorry.
  4. SmilezCo CEO
    • CommentAuthorSmilez
      0 points
    ......wait there is a better one?
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2012 edited
      0 points
    I play ralf/shen/goro.

You've seen goro's

this is shen's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEzM5uZFG4k

and then ralf's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTLlONYYjxA

honestly 80% of the neo max's in this game are insanely good. Ryo is super great. My favorite is goro's just cuz it has an awesome sound effect into the smash.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    Smilez:

Sorry I mean in terms of coolness, not damage. I don't know who has the most damaging Neo Max on single hit, or who has the most damaging HD combo. There are a handful of characters though with enough meter can 100% KO.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Shen/Ralf right off i know can do over 1000 damage, but i don't know if that means 100% KO on the cast.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      2 points
    Everyone has the same stamina so yup, KOs all.
  9. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    Shen/Ralf right off i know can do over 1000 damage, but i don't know if that means 100% KO on the cast.

Doesn't it, though? I mean, each char has 10 bars, right? And when I do a combo that does 534 damage, it takes exactly 5.something bars off...
      0 points
    They definitely knew what they were doing with NEOMAX moves cause they all look fucking cool as hell. Right now I'm working on simple stuff like making sure I capitalize on mistakes and practicing my execution on moving opponents. I've got 2 characters picked out (Andy/King) and I'm kinda stuck on the third with no real inspiration. I was messing around with '98 and 2k2 yesterday and I feel like I understand how this series works a little better (I also got to see the amazing American Sports Team which is hilarious).
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    Smilez:

Sorry I mean in terms of coolness, not damage. I don't know who has the most damaging Neo Max on single hit, or who has the most damaging HD combo. There are a handful of characters though with enough meter can 100% KO.

Yeah, we're definitely just talking about awesomeness over utility, so take it with a grain of salt in an actual match (though I WILL be getting hype if I see Raiden's Neomax land.) King's is bad and it's always better to end her HD combos with a Surprise Rose over it as it does more damage, consistent damage even, same amount of Oki, and doesn't blow your speakers out.

To add, I'm pretty sure Goro can do 100% easily along with Shen (easier than the above posted video). With some work, Yuri has 100% also. Either way, with a proper HD combo with super finisher (Sko never finishes Iori's with a Super, I forgot why he said he doesn't) you're looking at 700+ damage regardless.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Goro is like 9XX i don't think he can get over 1000. But his stuff is a LOT easier to come by. his EX command grab is like insane instant and it's throw/attack invincible when it's activated. So for him it's super easy to get his rolling.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2012
      1 point
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      1 point
    Some unusual Kula tech (I don't remember who is using her).

If you do a s.A with her, then on subsequent s.As press A+C+D, you can get multi-hitting jabs. While I can't do it consistently, I can get up to 10 hits with it. You can combo out of it with, at least, EX Ray Spin, cr.f+B, or st.B which goes into her normal from st.B options (EX Ray Spin or cr.f+B).

Dunno how full-out useful this considering it seems to do less damage in a combo (333 with 10 x s.A starter; 383 cr.B x 3 st.B starter) as far as I can tell. But something to share, regardless. Might have some good lockdown properties or something, which I should test but it's 1AM fuck that for now.
  15. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2012 edited
      0 points
    When I first got this game and played online, I came across a pretty killer Chin. I didn't keep track of who it was on PSN, or record the matches though. After playing over 100 matches online, I wish I did record them because I haven't seen a good Chin, since. He's really good (against me at least) when you know how to use him.

On a similar note, a decent Vanessa seems to give me a run for my money. Even if the player can't fully connect her combos or keep it going half the time.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      7 points
    Vanessa is pretty deadly. I wish she was in KoF13.
      0 points
    I really wish the online worked. At least in Marvel I can get connections that are pretty close to live matches, but I've played maybe 4 matches in KoF that felt like that.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
      1 point
    JP Console tourney over here.
  19. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Man, up until last night, I was really trying to expand outside of my KoF12 team, but then I used my old team last night and to my dismay, I did so much better with it. I mean, it's kind of nice, but also annoying that I can't seem to use different characters. I think I've gotten marginally better with the team since KoF12, at least.

skilletor:
    Vanessa is pretty deadly. I wish she was in KoF13.

Also Elisabeth in the right hands. >__> (That's who I meant. (._.)

9inchsamurai:
    I really wish the online worked. At least in Marvel I can get connections that are pretty close to live matches, but I've played maybe 4 matches in KoF that felt like that.

It's a crapshoot, but I can still find good games occasionally, and have a small friend's list I can play lag-free with. The main problem the upcoming patch is going to address is the inaccurate latency icons.

R.I.P. Clark

Aaannnd, projectiles, may you rest in peace as well...

Athena and Kula reflections
      0 points
    Why is Takuma's qcf D->cr. A link SO HARD to get? God it's like I'm playing SF4 or something.