Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2012 edited
      0 points
    JediMindTrick:
    Some of us still play on PS3....ehh :/

Hey dude, I remember you. I'll re-add you on PSN if you're not there. I think we mainly played BB and a little GG (I remember you playing as Booby Lady.)

I haven't been playing KoF13 since the weekend though. I discovered Saints Row 3, plus I still need to play more BBCSEX and get my money's worth.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2012
      0 points
    So this is why we get the throw punishes sometimes.

"Normals have 4 frames of delay so if you hit forward during this, you'll get a throw."

So if we haven't returned the stick to neutral 4 frames before punishing, Tim was right in suggesting we just start punishes with light attacks. Though that's not ideal for many characters it's still probably better than getting a throw.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    but you were mentioning krsjin that some close standing are faster if they are the C or D version. So now i'm like argh what do i punish with.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    Right lol. There is auto block in this game once you've began blocking so if you block a long special or super or something, you can just let the stick return to neutral at that point and be ready to punishing with close standing C or D.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2012 edited
      0 points
    This dood is very creative with his combos. Not always worth it for the damage but the style is oozing for some of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gjXrROQ-XA&feature=player_embedded

Some more combos from another player. Some Saiki stuff in here Timotee, well, one combo lol. And a Yuri combo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMtfprLhR84&feature=player_embedded
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012
      0 points
    Cool list of character combos on this guy's page.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TaipeiLionForest/videos
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      2 points
    Good shit last night cisco. Thinking about going away from OG Iori i'm just having trouble keeping momentum going with him. My Kyo started to come alive towards the end there but i'm still not hitting enough bnb's. Taking too many risks with terry. I don't mind playing him that way but i should probably move him from anchor if i'm gonna be playing like that. I'll go through the cast again looking for someone who has good pressure and bnb's kenshou is tight but i think i want to take a look at who isn't being played here and see who i like from that group.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
      0 points
    Cisco, just out of curiosity, did you drop Takuma, and if so, why?
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2012
      1 point
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3_tzTZSEpU&feature=player_embedded

Video is a bit slow but really good. Discusses intricate stuff regarding pressure game and how to combat certain habbits players often have.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Switching to Elisabeth she has some disgusting tech using her ex dash. She's a monster with meter but also builds it pretty well. great block string pressure. she actually has one sequence that takes half of the bar. so its looking like Liz/Terry/Kyo. But i'll play around with the order next time i get some live games.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Use of Hey Arnold music in KrsJin's video is awesome lol. Had to go find the music.

And that's a lot of stuff I haven't actually conceived yet. Hopefully I can apply it better.
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
      0 points
    Moses:
    Cisco, just out of curiosity, did you drop Takuma, and if so, why?

No my takuma team just isn't my main team
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2012
      1 point
    After a ft.5 with Moses last night, using stuff from the video really helped me out. I started using full jumps a lot more to avoid certain things and seeing what works well in what situation to shut his stuff down.

Also, I think I've figured out one of my main problems. My jump-ins are really poor because I attack way too early to get the quickest overhead possible. I need to start doing them late so they actually combo. Ugh, it just doesn't feel right and the timing is weird for everyone. Kula's comes out so slow, she needs to be pressed so early. King's is fast, so vice versa. Will try to get that down.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      1 point
    ugh am I really going to use a team of all girls :(

where's yama when you need him
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    Anyone want to get some games in tomorrow?
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2012
      0 points
    What is the deal with blow back attacks? Do they have special properties or something? or is it just an additional normal that all characters have. i know about the alpha counter stuff. just looking at their usefulness as pokes and whatnot.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    I THINK they go through lows, but not positive.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    I just thought they have longer startups but have incredible hitboxes.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    Yeah some do it seems, but Fox generally covered it. It'll score a soft knockdown if it hits. Depends mostly on the character for the properties. Shen's ground CD has guard points. Kyo's air CD has retardedly high priority and large hitbox with great blockstun. Kula's air CD just... seems kinda bad hahaha. On counter-hit of any of them you can combo off of it if you're quick enough. Kyo's air CD seems to be great for this into his grab. I do believe some do go through lows though, yes.
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
      0 points
    Ryyudo:
    On counter-hit of any of them you can combo off of it if you're quick enough.

This right here. CD on counter hit leaves alot of openings for free damage. obviously air CD is more practical since its easier to setup people up depending on your characters hitbox. I know with billy I can really do decent amount of damage when air CD lands on counter hit.