Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2012
      2 points
    Whoa, Cisco actually pos repped one of my posts.
  2. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
      0 points
    Pedro:
    Ok I've sent everyone a friend request that plays KOF on this forum.

I guess you mainly mean Xbox Live? I noticed you're still on my PSN Friend's list from way back when, as Kusanagi86, but you haven't logged in for some time now.

stikfiga:
    Everyone just get Comcast. Problem solved.

That's what I have. :) I'd love to get in on some offline casuals. I occasionally find really skilled players online, but mostly not.

Not sure on my own team. I'm kind of thinking Ash, Raiden, Yuri or something.

Anyhow, I tried playing BB:CSEX and it's just not KoFXIII. I can barely bring myself to play it. I would love for KoF to be in that BB/SVG art style that scales so well though.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2012 edited
      0 points
    Ew. No thanks. Pixels ftw.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    On the left side of the jungle cave stage there are two frogs on one of the ledges and they are cute ^ _^

Oh and I have HD combos and you're all fking ded. Ded.
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
      0 points
    skilletor:
    Ew. No thanks. Pixels ftw.

I don't mean it has to be wacky, but just scalable. This game looks kinda crappy on our 46" HDTV, whereas BB looks great (not necessarily the wacky style, but everything looks clean and smooth). KoFXIII already has that art style in the cut scenes and such.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    I think BB looks like ass. I think KoF looks amazing (I play on a TV of comparable size). One of the best looking 2D fighters ever made.

It's definitely a preference thing. :)
  7. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2012 edited
      0 points
    In any case, I like them both better than 2.5d.

As long as it's real 2D, I don't have much reason to complain.

Anywho, where do you guys play casuals these days? When I first read your post, I thought it was trying to tell me to go to Pixel's house for a minute.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Played a good set with skilletor last night. THANKS SKILLZ!

Since Skillz and i are on century link the connections was actually pretty stable. There was some delay but it was workable for sure. At least i felt that way skillz would know better.

Learned a lot of things, considering that skillz played about 90% of the cast i saw a lot of different things. I figured out some of my characters spacing and attacks. SO MUCH i want to try in the lab today. Really looking forward to playing more. Pedro are you on comcast or century link?
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      1 point
    lol.

Definitely felt good enough for normal stuff. Good enough to learn basic gameplay, spacing, movement for sure. Lots of fun.

Think I'm settling in on my team. Mai, Shen, Kyo with a bit of Andy on the side.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    SHEN YHEAH
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012
      1 point
    skilletor:
    Think I'm settling in on my team. Mai, Shen, Kyo with a bit of Andy on the side.

Wait what happened to Leona?!!!!!
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Moses:
    skilletor:

Wait what happened to Leona?!!!!!

Leona is really hard. She's staying in training mode until ready for prime time. :)

The updo means I have to do her justice, so I can't just pull her out all willy-nilly.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    My team is so great. I love the order and everything about it.

One thing i spent on last night after playing skillz was how to anti air people from a variety of angles and found a lot of good things to stuff them. Also was practicing frames and traps and also meter management to keep the pressure on people.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      1 point
    I think I'm going to drop raiden. I just can't get him to work the way I think he should
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      5 points
    Big D:
    I think I'm going to drop raiden. I just can't get him to work the way I think he should

You should learn Kula. She's definitely your type of character.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Big D:

=|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
  17. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
      0 points
    I'm beginning to get Raiden to work out alright. I like having a battery in front of him though.

Of course what I consider 'alright' is probably not up to par with anyone here, hehe.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    I slept on this series but checked it out today to see if it was worth recommending to Tim (SINCE HE"S TRYING THE GAME OUT NOW!!!!). And it totally is. For those who have been playing it will be slow going cause they literally break down all the terms and properties of those terms in this first vid but it's actually really thorough and well done. The video shown shows both what they're talking about as well as entertaining stuff too.

Part 1
    I actually had no idea guard cancel rolls properties were different from roll properties.

Finished second vid. Really great as well. Answers all questions you might have on the throw game (which we tested recently).
    Part 2
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      1 point
    I have CenturyLink... And I only have have Xbox Live, no longer have my PS3.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Pedro:
    I have CenturyLink... And I only have have Xbox Live, no longer have my PS3.

k we should play then, i still got you. hit me up sometime.