Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011 edited
      0 points
    Ddtc series is cool but also kinda dated for some characters so just be mindful of that.

I need to start hitting up the dream cancel forums and really start learning my characters more I think.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2011
      1 point
    Tips and tricks Vol. 3 from Dandy J. Explains HD properties, and how to start them properly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3--8cnXsFU&feature=player_embedded
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      5 points
    That phantom C input glitch has been driving me crazy while practicing my Clark hd combos. Good to see its not just on my end.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      2 points
    You weren't alone, I was in the same boat lol.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    Ditto. Explains why it happens to me so often online.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2011 edited
      3 points
    Double post but fuck it.

I signed up and started reading up on Dreamcancel.com (which I highly suggest). It shone some light on the things I saw while I was playing with Clark's B command crab[<-TYPO, but I'm keeping it]: http://dreamcancel.com/2011/09/25/the-king-of-details-2-throws-by-phoenix/. There are also other detailed guides into the system of the game, so check them out.

Notes I've taken from the article for quick reference for all:

You are throw invincible...
    The moment you jump; has start up throw invincibility
    Landing frames; If you jump up and down, you cannot be grabbed for a single frame.
    During Hit/Blockstun + 9 frames after (Hitstun obviously doesn't apply to command throws as it would combo then)
    When you do a normal (non-roll) wake up; 8 frames. If you do a special reversal: 9 frames

Teching Throws
    Throw techs, in XIII, have, closer to, a 10 frame window (not fully tested)
    Have to match inputs with opponent's button
    Can option select by holding a direction and pianoing/plinking C/D.
    You CAN throw tech at anytime: Wiffed moves, recovery, etc. (Think Marvel 3 prepatch-esque)

Alternate Guarding
    You can 'extend' your blockstun by switching between high and low block, making you throw invincible.
    In KoF XIII
    It is harder because you have to move a lot faster.
    Some characters cannot Alternate Guard (i.e. Maxima)
    Seems to be used for very specific and few situations due to these two things.

Video Example (from UM 2002?)
    Alternate Guarding

I highly suggest the site so far, and hope y'all use it too.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2011
      0 points
    Logos you cannot super hitco off of a CD from Ralf. Tried it in all sorts of ways (including corner).
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2011 edited
      0 points
    this is kinda kof related.

but xian who's this insane monster sf4 player. Like 5kpp playing against top asian players with GEN....

His original game from my understanding is KOF. If you don't know much about sf4 Gen he probably has the most execution requirements and he's been playing him for like months and is already a top gen. KOF makes other games so much easier. to him sf4 isn't even moving. It's a turn based game i bet.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      2 points
    Foxisquick:
    Logos you cannot super hitco off of a CD from Ralf. Tried it in all sorts of ways (including corner).

It has to be a counterhit off CD attacks. If you didn't have CH turned on that's probably why.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    Foxisquick:

It has to be a counterhit off CD attacks. If you didn't have CH turned on that's probably why.

oh thanks krsjin. can shen do it only on CH as well?
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Info on flame iori is seriously lacking. checked srk and DC not too much being said about this guy. i think he's really good but i feel like i should keep people out of the corner so i have access to the j.2b move. his foots are extremely solid.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    His jump back B is hot but I say keep em in the corner regardless. I too, think he's really strong. Trying to implement his command grab more. I've been hit or miss on the followup though in actual matches so I gotta up my execution for sure.
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      0 points
    Foxisquick:

Awww, sadface. Thanks for testing it, though!
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2011
      0 points
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2011
      2 points
    ssssssooooooooooooooooooo when's the next kof tourney?
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2011
      1 point
    Good KoF channel. Starting to up a series of 'practical combos' for characters.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OutPhase1984?feature=watch
  17. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2011 edited
      0 points
    I'm finding lots of lag-free matches. This game is head and shoulders above KoF12 for the online play.

The problem I'm having though, is I get tons of sync-errors and dropped connections (mostly at the char select). I'm not sure if the patch will help much with this, as it's only intended to fix lag-icons.

I'm to the point where I got my stuff fine in practice mode, and really just need to play people to do any better. I'm yet to land my Raiden bnb online, despite plenty of opportunity.

j.hk, hp, qcb+lp, hcf+k/2k

There's probably a better one, but it's the biggest one I can nail consistently in practice mode.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2011
      6 points
    Online has not been too bad for me either... Been landing my bnbs on most of my matches. I'm sure locals would have the best connection. My current team is Joe, OG Kyo, OG Iori. If anyone needs help on the basics hit me up online. It's easier for me to give out pointers while we're gaming.

And yes Iori is beast! :)
  19. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
      1 point
    Pedro:
    My current team is Joe, OG Kyo, OG Iori.

team mexican
    Illuminati
    • CommentAuthorTrue_Tech
      4 points
    Gonna give this game a chance, looking at nest kyo Leona and vice