Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011
      4 points
    Flame Kyo finally started to click for me last night :). It may just be me being a scrub but there was that moment where i finally was like i get it. i understand this character and what i'm suppose to do in X situation. and tonight i'll purchase Rekka kyo and it will all go to waste haha.

Andy is really good but i fear he will give way to flame iori. In the process of using Flame Iori/Kyo/Terry. It's like mvc3 all over again too many characters that i like can't decide on shit. :)
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      2 points
  3. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
      0 points
    Well the demo might be just as bad, lag-wise, and probably is. I haven't played with anyone in-person though, so it's harder to tell how laggy it is.

A lot of blocking I felt should have happened but didn't. I wasn't sure if it was the newer system just being like that, or if it was caused by lag.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Recon:
    Flame Kyo finally started to click for me last night :). It may just be me being a scrub but there was that moment where i finally was like i get it. i understand this character and what i'm suppose to do in X situation. and tonight i'll purchase Rekka kyo and it will all go to waste haha.

Andy is really good but i fear he will give way to flame iori. In the process of using Flame Iori/Kyo/Terry. It's like mvc3 all over again too many characters that i like can't decide on shit. :)

I think 13 Kyo is going to end up being a better character. He's got more combos, a better lp upper because you can DC from it, his hop kick is better. The RDP kick is better for combos than the red kick (obviously).

That being said, I'm having more fun with rekka kyo. I think Rekka kyo will still be solid, but 13 kyo is better, imo.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Yeah i've been hearing that a lot. the only thing i don't like about fire kyo is his guard bar pressure. which isn't a huge issue but i like to be able to create that chaos.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011 edited
      0 points
    Final team. Ralf/Shen/Goro.

Fucking love Ralf. Halfro oh you so wise. Got down that 1 meter BNB in no time. He's got charge moves LOL you're gonna give me a charge character that i like? Omae wa mo shindeiru!!!!!
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011
      0 points
    Foxisquick:

Fucking love Ralf. Halfro oh you so wise. Got down that 1 meter BNB in no time. He's got charge moves LOL you're gonna give me a charge character that i like? Omae wa mo shindeiru!!!!!

Which bnb are you using with him?
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Oh man, all this Ralph talk. He was on the last team I played in 12 and ended up falling for him, but he wasn't into skinny doods he said :/

Is his spacing/keep away still strong with his explosions? I haven't followed up on him at all. Still so damn ignorant, just focusing on my characters.
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      1 point
    Foxisquick:

Man, I told you you'd love Ralf and you just blew me off. :P
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011 edited
      0 points
    I think i'm settled as well flame Iori doesn't do big damage but has better pressure than scratch I think rekkas are like -2 or -3 so i'll probably just have to watch for throws. he builds meter like a champ. still haven't tried nest yet i've been having too much fun learning 13.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    stikfiga:
    Foxisquick:

Which bnb are you using with him?

j.C s.C qcf+C b~f+C is a great one. You can also start with c.A s.C etc so it's a low. There are lots of variations using his qcf C and A. You can drive cancel at the end and use some meter for additional damage.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Logos:
    Foxisquick:

Man, I told you you'd love Ralf and you just blew me off. :P

Yes that is true. I will also give you credit!!!!
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    Oh man, all this Ralph talk. He was on the last team I played in 12 and ended up falling for him, but he wasn't into skinny doods he said :/

Is his spacing/keep away still strong with his explosions? I haven't followed up on him at all. Still so damn ignorant, just focusing on my characters.

Keep in mind krsjin i can only tell you what i see in training mode and using those advanced techniques. His explosions all seem to be like -1 or 2 on block. The thing i've noticed is his solid damage without meter. The ability to link c.C after qcf+C is great. Yeah his spacing is awesome. s.C and s.D have big range and hit hard. c.C's ability to cancel into b~f A or C is also great. You can also EASILY hitco from it to drive cancel and use a bar for some damage. Super easy to HD hitco with him as well. You can start a combo and when you do qcf+C instead of linking c.C you just do s.D then HD and full combo. Great stuff.
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      1 point
    Foxisquick:Yes that is true. I will also give you credit!!!!

Haha, just giving you a hard time; was talking about you ignoring the suggestion I made in IRC. ;)

But yeah, he seems really sick now. Can super off everything, and drive cancelling the B~F stuff into QCF+C is extra tight. Definitely hits like a fucking truck when he touches you. One thing I've been wondering is about his standing C+D, though. Can he do like a Shen style thing with it where he hits and does a late super for a hitco? Not sure if his is as fast/has as much range as Shen's. Man, it's times like these I wish I was back in CO playing with you dudes. :(
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    If you guys haven't been checking out the DDTC series on KOF its pretty amazing.
  16. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
      0 points
    I think I'm gonna main Joe. I'll just be in training mode trying to learn that combo for the next five years.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Kendrick:
    I think I'm gonna main Joe. I'll just be in training mode trying to learn that combo for the next five years.

only to drop it and lose evo :):):). That combo was pretty nuts. i like how crazy most of the characters can get I'm also digging the fact you don't get 20 years to hit co. just do it.
      0 points
    Recon:
    If you guys haven't been checking out the DDTC series on KOF its pretty amazing.

This.
    Everyones bnbs should come from watching this video series.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Logos:
    Foxisquick:Yes that is true. I will also give you credit!!!!

Haha, just giving you a hard time; was talking about you ignoring the suggestion I made in IRC. ;)

But yeah, he seems really sick now. Can super off everything, and drive cancelling the B~F stuff into QCF+C is extra tight. Definitely hits like a fucking truck when he touches you. One thing I've been wondering is about his standing C+D, though. Can he do like a Shen style thing with it where he hits and does a late super for a hitco? Not sure if his is as fast/has as much range as Shen's. Man, it's times like these I wish I was back in CO playing with you dudes. :(

i really need to put time into shen. i really wish i could switch chars in training room argh.
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorKendrick
      0 points
    Recon:
    Kendrick:

only to drop it and lose evo :):):). That combo was pretty nuts. i like how crazy most of the characters can get I'm also digging the fact you don't get 20 years to hit co. just do it.

True, true. I don't have the right combination of time and innate talent, is all I'm saying. I just bought the full version KoF13 last night and I can barely do bnbs. I'm thinking of settling on a team that has mashy newb-friendly combos.

Team mash lk/lp+qcf
    Terry/King/Andy