Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2011
      0 points
    Halfro:
    appears to be all the frames up to the grab itself. I have grabbed uppers, autogaurded through ex moves, ect. Try using it as an aa, it is really nice hahha :)

It seems stupidly nice. I went into experimentation mode while playing online with a guy (so he musta thought I was really stupid, hahahaha) and the only thing I got to beat it was Kula's EX srk. I dunno if it's because I was airborne, invincible, or a mix of both.

Seems very grabbable on predict, but with online, I couldn't make it happen. Also see: risky as fuck.

I'll play around with it tomorrow and see what I can find out.
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      1 point
    Ryyudo:

Seems very grabbable on predict, but with online, I couldn't make it happen. Also see: risky as fuck.

You would like to think so but, I am almost 100% sure you can break grabs during the animation hahaha
  3. Member
      0 points
    @krsjin

didnt really keep up with the game as it was in development, I knew the release date was coming up but it surprised me that it was out last month.

played the demo a few days ago and was pleased, i like it more than the older ones. I played 94 and 95 and art of fighting when I was a kid, but lost interest in the series after that.

But I really like this title. I like the artstyle of how they still kept it oldschool but its looks cleaner, I like the fastpaced gameplay. I like that it reminds me of how oldschool fighters were.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      2 points
    Halfro:
    Ryyudo:

You would like to think so but, I am almost 100% sure you can break grabs during the animation hahaha

Better yet, after testing this morning: You can NOT grab him while he's in "Come-At-Me-Bro" Asshole (shortened to CAMBA from here on) stance. You WILL get your cl.C/D.

Best answer seems to be is any move that puts you airborne. Kula's upper and spin can avoid Clark's grab. And in the case of the spin, C, or EX version of the upper: they can counter hit Clark. For the spin, that's huge. Is still scary :(

There doesn't seem to be many active grab frames if you don't touch him. Empty Jump/Hop-ins seemed to be able to land pretty close to the outside of his active throw frames. When I made the same-ish jumps/hops with an attack, I always got punished.

For King's EX Trap Shot:
    If done early: Clark wins
    If done in the middle: Invincibility/positioning + Clark armor will make everything wiff. This seems to be harder to do when Clark has you in the corner, so outside of corner must be more of a positioning wiff than the EX's invincibility. You have to be a few frames later so the grab misses while in corner.
    If done late: King wins

Tornado Kick seems to be not reliable enough, as it takes a while before it goes airborne.
    King's fireball is, sadly, not airborne, and Clark does not care for it.

Shen's EX QCF punch seems to be a good answer. So much invincibility to it that the grab will wiff and will put you close enough to punish. If you hit the Clark too early, yet again, Clark wins, but that timing window seems to be very small. Same, strange, thing with Shen's QCFx2 Punch super. It seems that Clark's grab will wiff more often than not when hitting his CAMBA stance with the punch, despite how close Shen is when the grab comes out. I guess he's still invincible or something. Either way, works as a desperation answer, and I'm desperate more often than not :D.

Full charge punch has to meet with an early CAMBA stance to be punished. But really, what Clark with half a mind is seriously going to try that instead of blocking -> free whatever.

Don't even try Shen's command grab, normal OR Ex. There is like one or two frames where Clark is vulnerable after his CAMBA stance and you have to be frame perfect to grab it, or even to attack it.

Most importantly after all this testing: Shen has the best sound effects out of the three characters tested for getting grabbed.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011
      4 points
    Not sure if you guys caught this yet but it actually has some really good training mode advice.

Dandy J's tips and tricks Vol.1
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2011 edited
      0 points
    :D

Some great matches in there including a Chin getting fucking crazy. Commentary is pretty damn entertaining at times, too.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2011
      0 points
    Those really are some good matches. SoCal still so dominant but it makes sense since they had the game the longest and the most dedicated KoF player base.

When that Steve guy said they nerfed K' when he came home and said 'they turned that nigga into a koosh ball' I almost lost it lol.

And damn yeah, both of those Chins were doing crazy stuff. I'm trying to cancel heavy attacks into his down down kick stance more cause the frame advantage is insane.
    • CommentAuthorKanoleon
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011 edited
      0 points
    That commentary was awesome :'D
    The fat chicks part had me rolling xD

So did the the 'faggot kyo' section
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011
      0 points
    NESTS Kyo exhibition matches. He seriously looks way cool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEeya1ZAutE&feature=player_embedded
  10. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
      1 point
    Some simple yet damaging combos for clark.

Clark Combos
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      2 points
    Nests Kyo is so fucking played.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    watching some of those videos make me want to give scratch Iori another try. Flame felt much more comfortable from playing cvs even though i couldn't do any combos guess i gotta go buy that character.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    Thanks for the vid krsjin. Great Goro play!
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    is it against the rules to play 2 iori's/kyo's on the same team? technically they are different characters right?
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      0 points
    DEM JAPS

I know it's old and that, but it's still dope. Hwa Jai is apparently pretty crazy, or at least that's what the first match made me think. Whole ton of solid play throughout the video.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Recon:
    is it against the rules to play 2 iori's/kyo's on the same team? technically they are different characters right?

The game won't let you choose 2 of the same character, even different versions.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    Yo guys help me understand. So in the video krsjin linked it's a 1on1 with best of 3 rounds. the heck!? Doe people play it that way instead I R Confused.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    Yo guys help me understand. So in the video krsjin linked it's a 1on1 with best of 3 rounds. the heck!? Doe people play it that way instead I R Confused.

I think it was for the sake of the Nests Kyo exhibition.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
      0 points
    It's an optional mode in the console version, but I don't think it's tournament standard or anything.
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorRUTT ROSS
      0 points
    what is tournament standard?