Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
      0 points
    I tried this game the other day, gotta say, its really fun. Im planning on getting into it but I'm wondering about team synergy. Is it as important as it is in MVC3? I know there's no assists, but what things need to go into consideration when making a team? Meter building/hp/order?

So far I really like King and Vice, but I don't know if they can work together or not.

<--- Never touched KOF or CVS2 before this
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2011
      3 points
    You need to worry more about meter management. Typically you'd want your first character to be somebody who can build meter for your 2nd/3rd characters and do solid damage on their own.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2011 edited
      0 points
    Team synergy is no where near as important. The SRK wiki describes it well. You basically want to consider who needs meter and who uses it the best to decide your order. Whoever you find to do the best without meter you usually run them first to build meter for your big guns later, basically.

EDIT: I super didn't refresh the page. What Skillz said.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011
      4 points
    Iori with flames is just too good. Will be adding him to my team as anchor. :)
    • CommentAuthorKanoleon
      0 points
    So my 2 teams are
    Mai/Kula/Elisabeth
    and
    Kula/Elisabeth/Athena

I don't know this game all that well so who would be best to go first to help build me some meter??
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      1 point
    Athena's a super good battery for sure. Think Mai can do alright without meter as well. Kula and Elisabeth are a lot better with some meter, though (both normal and drive in Kula's case).
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Spent about an hour last night getting Leona's charge moves drive cancels down. doing it a lot more consistently. Now to start putting it together with movement.
    KICK THE TREE
      2 points
    Halfro appeared to me in a dream and said terry/Shen/goro. I must follow this.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011
      0 points
    can't get enough of this game! too bad we can't play it online :(
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Why does D troll people when we know he's trolling. I don't understand. It's the point of trolling to make people think you're being serious?
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      0 points
    you're right all of you guys play on xbox I don't have my xbox stick yet....

ya got me
    • CommentAuthorMoses
      3 points
    Foxisquick:
    Halfro appeared to me in a dream and said terry/Shen/goro. I must follow this.

Daaaaaamn Dreamfro recommended you a dope sounding team
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011
      0 points
    ROFL DREAMFRO. bwahahahahahah i'm gonna use that more.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011
      2 points
    after dabbling for awhile i think i have the first team that i wanna run. Robert/Mai/Terry. Robert has that TKCS and feels like a more natural SF type of character for me. Mai and Terry have been longtime favorites for me in kof. KYO and Ryo are really good as well working on an additional set up for them.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    Recon:
    after dabbling for awhile i think i have the first team that i wanna run. Robert/Mai/Terry. Robert has that TKCS and feels like a more natural SF type of character for me. Mai and Terry have been longtime favorites for me in kof. KYO and Ryo are really good as well working on an additional set up for them.

Hwa might also be very much your style too, Recon. A guy I was playing the other night was saying he feels he's one of the more Street Fighter-esque characters, and he's pretty much right. He's pretty much a more mobile, bald Adon. Just as annoying in moves and voice.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    I haven't bothered touching anything else since this came out. Pretty sure I won't until SC5.

I think K', Andy, Kyo is going to be my main squad. Was playing with K and he's just way too fun and too solid not to play.
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      1 point
    KEEP THEM NEGS OUT OUT KOF THREAD.

MGMT.
    • CommentAuthormigrations
      0 points
    I bought it yesterday. It feels a lot different then the old KOFs in my opinion. But I like it because it's super juggle friendly. You can't get hit by somebody with good execution. I'm still trying out all sorts of characters, but I have to say: Iori is different as hell and my favorite KOF character ever, Leona, kind of sucks. But I might still try to play as her just cus I like her. Anyway... Yeah... Good shit!
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011 edited
      8 points
    migrations:
    Iori is different as hell and my favorite KOF character ever, Leona, kind of sucks. But I might still try to play as her just cus I like her.

lol, no. :)

Awesome normals, stupid good chip game with 50/50 mixups on EX moves, hella good combos, instant overhead into super.

Up your execution game up, yo. Also, don't say a character sucks just because you played with them for 30 minutes in training mode. :P
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      0 points
    migrations:
    Good shit!