Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011 edited
      1 point
    Been playing this great game...Add me to play some games GT: Riot Iori
    Hopefully we can get a good connection.

Ps- Good games today skillz!!!
  2. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011
      0 points
    who you using pedro in KOF XIII?
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      1 point
    Messing around with Joe, Kyo and Iori.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
      0 points
    Added you on XBLA Pedro :>
      0 points
    Is there any tournaments of kof or a gathering today by any chance or anyone playing at Black Knight Games?
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2011
      1 point
    Alcatras09:
    Is there any tournaments of kof or a gathering today by any chance or anyone playing at Black Knight Games?

It's probably gonna be mainly myself, KrsJin, and HellFire playing at Black Knight gatherings, with people like Recon, Meezy, and 72b who seemed to enjoy the game the most playing every now and then.
      3 points
    thanks yeah cause thats pretty much all i play im glad some of you are playing the game are is anyone playing there tonight by any chance i was planning on going yesterday but i coudlnt make
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
      2 points
      0 points
    So I've picked up Duo Lon to go along with Leona but I still need a third main. Probably putting DL first and Leona second unless that's dumb for reasons I don't understand yet, so I think I'm looking for an anchor. I've maybe narrowed it down to Billy, Shen, Mai or Yuri, and for how much trouble I have picking characters, that's pretty good.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
      2 points
    I like how Reynald, a top KoF player, won NEC, gives the advice to new players of don't worry about mission mode hahaha.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2011
      2 points
    In his own words, "even I can't do most of them ^_________^"
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2011 edited
      0 points
    Also played some player matches over the past two days. When it's good, it's... all right. I was getting 3-bar matches pretty consistently with people from as far out as Portland, and it wasn't terrible.

The problem is that the game is too fast for the shitty middleware netcode solution SNK went with. There couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 frames of input delay in the good matches I played, which would be acceptable in a slow-as-shit game like blaz. But in KOF? You're fucked. The game is too fast for that. If this was a SF4-speed game, and more people were playing it, I don't think you'd be hearing that many complaints. But it's not. It's not that kind of game.

Also I got 1-bars with hellfire. What the heck? I'm just going to assume that's a problem on my end.

(there was a rumor going around that Ignition, the publisher of XII, offered to pay SNK to use GGPO and they refused, but I don't think that was ever confirmed. It would certainly fit my perception of SNK as a company, though)
  13. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
      3 points
    OG Iori is now downloadable
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
      0 points
    Someone buy me this
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Man OG Iori is sick. I think I finally grasp the game enough to branch off and make some other teams for fun now. Probably gonna put him on one haha.

Trying to think of characters that would benefit CO, too. Daimon I like and I think we should know how to fight against. K' maybe. Hmm, hmm.
    • CommentAuthortkid
      0 points
    Probably wouldn't hurt to know how to fight against Big Bear or Kula either...
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Yeah, definitely. Jamaal's on that Kula right now. I dunno if I'm willing to play Raiden, he kinda interests me the least right now but don't hate him or anything so maybe.

I see fighting against a good Kim or even a good Joe (though I hear they're rare) giving me problems. Their pressure is gross.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      1 point
    This game is so amazing, I want to learn everybody. I'm forcing myself to stick with 6 characters for now:

Kyo/Nest Kyo
    Takuma
    Andy
    Leona
    Terry
    Mai

But even as I type this, I know I want to learn more. K', Kim, Elizabeth, Ryo, Robert, Kensou, Mature. :(

Best game I've played in ages. Can't wait to suck at it so I can get bodied.
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
      3 points
    Man I really suck at this game but I am not giving up, not this time.

Kensou, Elisabeth and K'.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    I think Kensou's fine on battery but depending on who you feel most comfortable with the scene kinda shows K' may be your best bet for starting character, then either Kensou or Elisabeth for anchor. At our current level of play I say stick to whoever your strongest probably, at least for now. That's a sick team btw.