Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2011
      0 points
    I remembered reading about those in the past and completely forgot about them.
  2. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011
      0 points
    KOF Tourney videos from Leveluplive

here is alot of good matches that were on this stream. I really enjoyed Bala using Billy Kane.
      0 points
    I think this thread should start leaning toward the "strategy" of KOF.
    Like when to roll, which situations to roll, stuff like that.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011
      3 points
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011
      0 points
    JediMindTrick:
    I think this thread should start leaning toward the "strategy" of KOF.
    Like when to roll, which situations to roll, stuff like that.

I notice corner is huge in this game. You want out of the corner, you want them in it. Using meter to safely get out is well used meter. Problem is your opponent likely knows this which makes the game interesting.

Do not, put yourself in the corner. lol
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011 edited
      2 points
  7. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
      0 points
    Moses:
    Still extremely useful if you've never played KOF before
    BC cancelling

really good videos for people who aren't familiar with the game. i would recommend people playing KOF 2k2 on ggpo to get a feel of the game as well since 2k2 is basically like 13 but without EX or drive cancels.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011
      0 points
    If I play 2k2, I'll just use Angel. And then I'll be said because there's no Angel in 13. :(

You made me sad.

Oh, wait. Thinking about KoF13's fuck awesomeness.

Happy again!
    Tiger Driver '84
      0 points
    Moses:
    For those struggling with some of the combos (i.e. anything requiring you to cancel a command normal into super) there are shortcuts built into the game engine for certain motions. For some reason this is not in giant neon letters on the KOFXIII wiki, so here they are for future reference:

-All qcf~hcb motions --> qcf x2~back + button
    -Similarly, qcb~hcf --> qcb x2~f
    -qcb~hcf --> qcb~db~f
    -qcf~hcb --> qcf~df~b
    -dp --> hcb~f

-Dash hcb x2 command throws (e.g Clark's DM)--> (somewhat close) hcb~f x2~hcb + button

-Canceling qcf into qcf x2 (e.g Shen's qcf+P, [DC] qcf x2+P) --> qcf + button, qcf+ button
    -Canceling qcf into qcf~hcb (e.g Liz's qcf+P, [DC] qcf~hcb+P) --> qcf + button, hcb + button
    -Canceling dp into qcf~hcb (e.g Yuri's dp+P, [DC] qcf~hcb+K DM) --> dp + button, hcb + button
    -Canceling c.d~u into c.b~f (e.g Leona's c.d~u+P, [DC] c.b~f+K) --> c.db/d~ub + button, [DC] uf (or f)+ button
    -Canceling dp into qcf (e.g Liz's dp+P [1hit], [DC] qcf+P...) --> dp+P, f+P
    -K' is an exception, inside HD mode K' he can simply do dp+P[1hit], f+P and it'll do the dp+P[1hit], [HDC] qcf+P link. Outside of HD, refer to the shortcut beneath.
    *Canceling dp into qcf for K', outside of HD --> hcb~f+P, qcf+P

ALSO WORTH READING:
    The Button Interpreter explains the phenomenon I experienced wherein certain specials were automatically drive cancelling into EX moves while screwing around in training mode.

I don't fully understand the button interpreter. Is it that I am able to cancel normals into specials easier by holding the button and then doing the special?
    • CommentAuthorMoses
      2 points
    Yeah basically holding the button down makes the game plink/piano that input for you, which makes cancelling specials/super easier. If you're having trouble getting a special or super to come out at a given point in a combo, holding the button down instead of tapping it should make things a lot easier.
    Tiger Driver '84
      0 points
    Okay, that's what I thought. Is it move specific though? I have tried doing something like jab into fireball while holding jab down but it doesn't seem to work. If you have a move that you know works, I would like to try it.
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2011
      0 points
    best way to go about all this is doing the trials they are hard but they teach the speed and timing once in a game one thing tho is if one character doesnt feel right change it keep trying other ones sometimes you'll come back to the first one you started with but it will feel a lot smoother you can watch some videos from the uk they teach you the combos real well even though is the arcade version they are very similar also learn from online they are some really good players already. if anyone wants to play some games let me know.
    psn : alcatras09
    xbox : cruz3rs
    • CommentAuthorKanoleon
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011
      0 points
    I will mostly likely be picking this game up tomorrow, any tips for me?

Like the above post said I will be doing trials first thing.

Playin Mai/Kula/ (still deciding)
    I like Elisabeth though, and gonna give Leona a shot as well. She looks pretty fast.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    Best advice I can give is don't get discouraged by combos, and don't get caught up in doing them. Learn movement and pokes first probably.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011 edited
      1 point
    Learn a combo you can confirm from a low, and a combo you can confirm from a jump in (and not super difficult ones, just ones you are comfortable with). Stick to those while learning the game's system.

EDIT: To add on, it seems ending every combo with a super is actually viable, and you should have enough to manage for the next combo. So keep that in mind, too.
      0 points
    Anyone up in Denver playin today?
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    JediMindTrick:
    Anyone up in Denver playin today?

Snow way! :(

I'll be at Black Knight on Saturday, and sounds like a number of KoF players will be, so we'll probably play there.
    • CommentAuthorKanoleon
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011 edited
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    Best advice I can give is don't get discouraged by combos.

Ok..... I see what you mean now :P
    The super cancel motions are killing me right now >_<

EDIT:
    Kula Trail lvl. 4:
    Cr.Lk, Cr.LK, St.LK DP+HP xxHCB(x2)+LP
    FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I love this game :D
    • CommentAuthorKanoleon
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011
      0 points
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011
      8 points
    This is game > What everybody is playing.

Fools.

Spent some time in training mode with Leona last night trying to get timing down for DC charge moves. Her EX air slash thing is super good because it does tons of chip and keeps you planted for a LONG time. I have time to land, hop at you and go for a 50/50 mixup while you're blocking.

Leona combos, I do that.