Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011
      0 points
    Highly considering this and waiting on UMvC3. Cause we all know UMvC3 will probably last a LOT longer in the tourny scene than KoFXIII.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011 edited
      0 points
    That's true lol. Might as well play it while it's semi-played. Even though MVC is overshadowing it just cause of release time.

I'm amped. Probably just gonna mess with trials all day to see who's most fun and learn the ins and outs of the combo system.

EDIT: Oh btw, the SRK wiki looks boss legit real. SRK Wiki Guide
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011 edited
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    That's true lol. Might as well play it while it's semi-played. Even though MVC is overshadowing it just cause of release time.

I'm amped.

Yeah, feeling the same way, haha.

Marvel is america's game, so I mean. It'll be there. If XIII manages to maintain a scene, then hey cool let's go
    • CommentAuthortkid
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011 edited
      0 points
    Darn you...I have to unlock Billy and Saiki

(Apologies if this is old news)

EDIT: Sweet...soundtrack has Revolutionary Etude from King of Fighters 2003. All is well in the world.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011
      0 points
    I knew you did for Saiki, good to know.

At least they didn't make Billy DLC, too. Gonna bite the bullet and get Iori/Kyo/Karate. Partly cause I want them, partly to feel complete, partly to help SNK's sales which likely will be lack luster lol.
    Tiger Driver '84
      1 point
    I fear for KJin. When KoF12 came out, he was stuck to the TV for hours.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      2 points
    I think part of it was knowing my chances to play others besides Half offline after that day were slim lol.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    picking up my copy tonight :). So you will have at least one person to beat up on krsjin.
    Tiger Driver '84
      1 point
    My copy of the game is waiting for me when I get home.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    @ Recon, I wasn't really good I just played a lot compared to others lol. Halfro and Pedro were probably the best I can think of.

Picking mine up within the hour. Then off to trial mode land!
  11. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
      0 points
    its good to see everyone getting into KOF. Time to put in some work with billy kane :)
    • CommentAuthortkid
      0 points
    Billy Kane...=(

I want to see Chris or Malin for DLC! I have my team: Yuri,Mai and Athena.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    I'm a little bummed at the trials. They'll test your execution for sure, as they're hard as heck in general, but they don't really teach you much practical stuff or common BnBs.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
      0 points
    You sure? What I've seen so far has been pretty reasonable looking, and haunts (who I've seen in a number of XIII streams as a competitor) said that most of the trials were character staples.

Then again, #fuckhaunts
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    I'm all about Haunts but I have to disagree for the first two characters I've tried. Like there might be one or two I find worth using or at least branching off of but most of them have you doing whacky stuff to start instead of the practical way to start. I also think it ramps the difficulty really poorly. Some are easier than the latter, some characters have tough ones at levels 1 and 2. It's just weird to me, I dunno. I suppose they do forgot the capcom style of, do this special, do this super, ok now do this combo, and they go straight to combos.

I agree more with the SRK guide in saying the trial mode teaches the "bare minimum". The tutorial was fine but the trials are whack so far imo.

You guys find any info on unlockables? How to get the characters, are there more colors earned for customization? Etc.

EDIT: Ok I stand corrected, there are a few trials that I'm finding to be really good. Many are whack I feel though.
    • CommentAuthortkid
      0 points
    I unlocked Billy by just going through arcade mode once...still trying to figure out how to unlock Saiki.

EDIT: Copied from Dream Cancel...

How do I unlock Saiki?

Do as many Target Actions as possible before the end of Match 3. I do not really know the exact number, but I did an average of 6 per round. After this condition is fulfilled, Saiki will challenge you.

How do I unlock Billy Kane?

Do as little Target Actions as possible before the end of Match 3. Again, I do not know the exact number, but I did an average of 2 per round. After this condition is fulfilled, Billy Kane will challenge you.

How do I unlock 100% in story mode? *Updated

To unlock story scenes 10 and 11, you have to start from scene 8. When you select teams, you have to select either Team Japan or Team Yagami (choose inside the stadium) to get scene 10, or select either Psycho Team or Women's Team (choose inside the stadium) to get scene 11. Elisabeth, K', and maybe Ikari's activates scene 9.

When you have 97% story completion, just start from scene 29 to get scene 30.

Credits to AmedoS310

(Will be updated again)

How do I unlock illustrations? *New

You need to clear the Arcade mode with the following teams:

1) Kyo, K' and Ash
    2) Yuri, Kula and Athena
    3) King, Chin, Hwa Jai
    4) Benimaru, Robert and Andy
    5) Elizabeth, Mai and King
    6) Goro, Raiden and Maxima
    7) Ash, Duo Lon and Shen
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15) Raiden, Hwa Jai and Billy Kane (Credits to Nagare_Ryouma)
    16)
    17) Complete with Billy Kane (Edit)
    18) Complete with Saiki (Edit)

From 19 to 28: Clear the Story Mode (KOF route) with respective team.

How do I record in training mode?

In training mode, pause the game to menu, go to button config and configure the record and playback sign. You will be able to record for 10 seconds.

How do I unlock profile chibi icons?

Clear the time attack with the said character.

How do I unlock colours?

Play 40 matches with the characters either thru versus or online. Fastest way is to play against CPU in versus mode on the level 1 settings, rematch do count as a set.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011
      0 points
    Just out of curiosity, how do you have your buttons set up on your stick for this game?
    • CommentAuthortkid
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011 edited
      5 points
    LP HP
    LK HK

I think that's...

AC
    BD

I'll have to double check though. I only use four buttons (Need a stick with a custom layout for this, darnit)

Or you could go...

B C D (Google a Neo Geo stick to see what I'm talking about)
    A
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2011
      0 points
    Square layout hurts my brain. I tried some weird stuff today like

LK LP HP
    HK

because the lack of a standardized 1234 chain order like Marvel or (sorta) BB means I have to drop stupid "just press all the buttons in a row" habits anyway. But since I assume it's on the machines and everything I'll probably go back to trying to learn BCD/A.

Anyway, really love this game. I've been practicing Leona for sures, but I don't know who else to put on a team. I like almost all of the characters I've tried so far and the whole thing just feels so good in general.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2011 edited
      4 points
    For those struggling with some of the combos (i.e. anything requiring you to cancel a command normal into super) there are shortcuts built into the game engine for certain motions. For some reason this is not in giant neon letters on the KOFXIII wiki, so here they are for future reference:

-All qcf~hcb motions --> qcf x2~back + button
    -Similarly, qcb~hcf --> qcb x2~f
    -qcb~hcf --> qcb~db~f
    -qcf~hcb --> qcf~df~b
    -dp --> hcb~f

-Dash hcb x2 command throws (e.g Clark's DM)--> (somewhat close) hcb~f x2~hcb + button

-Canceling qcf into qcf x2 (e.g Shen's qcf+P, [DC] qcf x2+P) --> qcf + button, qcf+ button
    -Canceling qcf into qcf~hcb (e.g Liz's qcf+P, [DC] qcf~hcb+P) --> qcf + button, hcb + button
    -Canceling dp into qcf~hcb (e.g Yuri's dp+P, [DC] qcf~hcb+K DM) --> dp + button, hcb + button
    -Canceling c.d~u into c.b~f (e.g Leona's c.d~u+P, [DC] c.b~f+K) --> c.db/d~ub + button, [DC] uf (or f)+ button
    -Canceling dp into qcf (e.g Liz's dp+P [1hit], [DC] qcf+P...) --> dp+P, f+P
    -K' is an exception, inside HD mode K' he can simply do dp+P[1hit], f+P and it'll do the dp+P[1hit], [HDC] qcf+P link. Outside of HD, refer to the shortcut beneath.
    *Canceling dp into qcf for K', outside of HD --> hcb~f+P, qcf+P

ALSO WORTH READING:
    The Button Interpreter explains the phenomenon I experienced wherein certain specials were automatically drive cancelling into EX moves while screwing around in training mode.