Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 68

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 96
extrafreshnet - Arcade Stick Modding Thread AKA (Guapo's Workshop)
Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012
      0 points
    I'll see you at the Chamber then, around 7!
  2. Member
      0 points
    I have a sf x t stick for ps3 and a SE for xbox. Would it be possible to mod the ps3 stick with the parts in my se? How much?
      0 points
    Should be streamline in terms of switching out the parts, PCBs included.
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012
      0 points
    anybody know about these?

they claim zero lag. seems... legit? :X randomly read about them the other day, so I dunno..
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012 edited
      0 points
    oh my god this is like the best thing ever for pad players if it works.

i'd buy two of these just for the ability to use any stick/pad anywhere.
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012
      0 points
    Yeah I kinda want one. Reviews would be nice though.. :(
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
      0 points
    I wonder how it would work with my USB Sega Saturn pad. I loved that thing before I switched over to the Hitbox.
      0 points
    So I finally got my PS2 -> 360/PS3 converters and now I want to swap out my stick's PCB with a spare PS2 controller I have. It seems pretty straightforward. I've looked at some tutorials on SRK about soldering and de-soldering, but I haven't really looked at the tutorials (no experience soldering yet, so I don't wanna screw anything up).
  9. Member
    • CommentAuthorFemoral
      0 points
    these were previewed at E3, i didnt know they came out yet. they sound amazing, but yeah no reviews yet for something that is 70$
  10. Asian #2
    • CommentAuthorAZN#1
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012
      0 points
    hydro:
    anybody know about these?

they claim zero lag. seems... legit? :X randomly read about them the other day, so I dunno..

So I ordered one of these and got it on Friday...I can for sure say this DOES NOT lag! I only tried xbox controllers on ps3 though but I'll test out ps3 on xbox sometime later....Played COD and Marvel on it using my madcatz fight pad and using the regular wireless xbox controller...I'm thinking this will put dual modding out of business in the future....
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
      0 points
    I haven't really looked at a 360 since I don't have one, but does it take the controller inputs via USB or some other input? I can't tell from looking at that Cronus device if you're forced to use the wireless receiver or whether you can plug it directly in, but it looks like the only ends in the pictures are USB.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Looks like you have to plug in a wired 360 controller into the unit first to authenticate the device. After it authenticates, you unplug the 360 controller and plug in whatever you like. So you'll need to make an additional controller purchase to enable 360 use
  13. Member
    • CommentAuthorFemoral
      0 points
    for tournament use... should be able to just plug a random stick in to auth it real quick.
  14. Asian #2
    • CommentAuthorAZN#1
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012 edited
      0 points
    you do not need a wired 360 controller. Just plug in wireless receiver (comes with the package) to the usb and sync it up with a wireless xbox controller. You'll just have to sync it once to that wireless receiver and it will store it in memory. To enable ps3 dual shocks on xbox360 consoles you'll need to plug in the bluetooth (again comes with package) dongle and it works right away. The wireless receiver and bluetooth is only needed if you want to use the wireless controllers. If you have a wired controller/stick then it's as simple as plugging it into the usb and it will recognize it right away. I tested a psx hori stick on the 360 using a psx to ps3 adapter and noticed no lag at all! The only thing that sucks is that you can't turn on the system using the adapter meaning you can't use the xbox controller to turn on the ps3 console or vice-versa....
  15. Asian #2
    • CommentAuthorAZN#1
      0 points
    Femoral:
    for tournament use... should be able to just plug a random stick in to auth it real quick.

correct
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Oh cool, when I read their FAQ, they said you had to use your own. If it comes with it's own wireless receiver then that price seems much more reasonable. I'm gonna wait for a few more reviews and technical tests, but if this is the real deal, I'm sold.
  17. Asian #2
    • CommentAuthorAZN#1
      0 points
    so far it's legit for me but I'll test it on tekken tonight since that game requires precise timing for some of the just-frame moves...I've noticed no lag issues so far for the games I've mentioned in my earlier post on both my xbox and ps3.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      0 points
    you know that's there's just frames in marvel too right?
  19. Asian #2
    • CommentAuthorAZN#1
      0 points
    then provide me a list of characters and their jf input moves so i can try it out....tekken is much more easier to test it on....
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      0 points
    dante qcb+a :s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hshZisA7_Ok

or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DAgyX1pp4

any one frame link translate into tekken terms justframe.......................