Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 68

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 96
extrafreshnet - Arcade Stick Modding Thread AKA (Guapo's Workshop)
Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2011
      0 points
    That reminds me of my ps1 pad. I might buy just for old time's sake. Super nice.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    that controller is insane!
    • CommentAuthorSeditious
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011
      0 points
    Well, I've fallen victim to a terrible case of nostickitus, as both of my arcade sticks have choked and died on me.

I have an HRAP EX-SE that only registers 3/4 directions, and no combination of 2 crossed joystick wires can produce "up", no matter what I do. I managed to get "up" to register using THREE wires, but never with two. Other than that, the stick works fine.

My other stick is a Qanba Q4RAF that died on me during an online match. The inputs suddenly scrambled and mixed up (total loss of control), followed by the Xbox dash menu and pause menu flashing repeatedly, after which the stick simply died. After trying to plug it into all USB ports on my stick and PC, I checked the power cable inside and out for damage, only to find that absolutely nothing appears wrong.

No amount of fiddling or praying has made power return to the stick, and now I'm left wondering if it's a faulty PCB.

The microphone port on the stick is also cracked due to severe knee-audio cable impacts, but I'm more worried about getting the stick running than my ability to talk shit online.
    • CommentAuthorSeditious
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011
      0 points
    http://imageshack.us/g/267/003zvb.jpg/

The link above is several high resolution photos of the Q4.
  5. Member
      0 points
    should have bought a te instead of all this stuff
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2011
      0 points
    So I have a Madcatz SE PS3 stick. I just got an xbox 2 days ago and I have AE on it. I have 4 Xbox controllers. Is that good enough to dual mod it? The guides I find online are confusing as hell which is extremely sad since I engineer DC power solutions for my job (albeit I'm only a few months on that job). Playing pad on xbox is horrible lol so I'm looking to get this thing dual modded for the lowest possible cost.

Thanks in advance guys :)
  7. Member
    • CommentAuthordarkpanzer
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2011
      0 points
    Yeah you can mod with that. Depending on who, you can get it done kind of cheap. But most people will do it for $40 or so. You still also need to order a chimp board if I recall correctly. Those are actually really cheap. If I remember, the best pad to use for the mod, because of it's price and availability, is the madcatz wired pad, wired as in you plug it into your xbox to use it. You should be able to use one of those xbox pads you already have though if I'm not mistaken.
    • CommentAuthorRedbeard
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012
      0 points
    El Guapo:

i presume this would work with a ps1 pad also? jw
  9. Member
      0 points
    Yeah, it should.
  10. Asian #2
    • CommentAuthorAZN#1
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2012
      0 points
    so does anyone know where I can get a toodles chimpsmd online....I can't find a place that has one in stock!
  11. Member
      1 point
    http://godlikecontrols.com/ should ship faster then lizardlick its toodles own website.
    Original Fresh
    • CommentAuthorGhost Dog
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012
      1 point
    one of the dudes in the projection booth here in palm springs suggested this to me, not sure if it lags but some of you may have a use for it!

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/xbox-360-to-ps3-usb-wired-controller-adapter-converter-100cm-cable-42000
  13. Asian #2
    • CommentAuthorAZN#1
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012 edited
      0 points
    I have one of those and even bought it from that site awhile ago...there's a decent lag to it so i would not recommend it for fighting games....
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012 edited
      1 point
    El Guapo:
    hydro:
    hey steve can you dual mod this?? :D eh? eh??

wishful thinking? :(

That is the most badass controller I've ever seen. Do you have one?

Since this is the first time I've seen it and I have no clue what it's like on the inside, I'm going to say, "maybe?"

FYI I've been playing on this pad the past couple days (thanks to pixel for the excellent xmas gift :) ) and gotta say the thing is bad ass! pretty safe to say this is def my pad of choice now

not sure about dual modding it just yet (i'll take a pic of the guts for you, guap), but what's the way to go now as far as ps3 -> 360 controller converters go? only one i've tried (and worked like a charm) was tkid's, which he said isn't produced anymore :(
    • CommentAuthortkid
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012
      0 points
    I'm sure this one could work for ya...

Xtokki 360 converter
  16. Member
    • CommentAuthorCalZ
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2012
      0 points
    El Guapo, are you still doing mods around here? I have a PS3/PC Hitbox and would like it dualmodded.
      0 points
    So I've decided on going pretty all-out for my first stick; I want something that will work with PS3/2/1 + 360, with the possibility to extend to Saturn and/or Dreamcast. From what I know about modding sticks, it seems to me the best way to get this happening would be to buy:

1. A 360 stick (TE probably)
    2. MC Cthulhu PCB
    3. Spare PS1 Dualshock controller

Of course I wouldn't be able to do this myself (no modding experience), so I'm just wondering if this is indeed the best way to get what I want?
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012
      0 points
    Yeah, you have the right idea. It basically boils down to wiring a 360 stick to an MC Cthulhu and then just making cables for the systems you want to use it on. Check out this tutorial to give you a better idea of what is needed and how it works.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/rj-45-multi-console-cthulhu-arcade-stick-tutorial-ver-2.100475/
      0 points
    I have a follow-up question. If I got a Eightarc/Qanba couldn't I get a PSX PCB and hook that up inside the stick (attaching the appropriate cord of course)? I don't know how much room there is inside an Eightarc for that kind of thing though, but the result would be a PS3/360 + PS1/2 compatible stick, right?
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2012 edited
      0 points
    Yes, you can do that and it should work. Just connect the PSX pad buttons to the desired buttons on the arcade stick, include the ground and voltage and you are done. You'll have plenty of room inside the Qanba so that isn't even a worry.