Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 68

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 96
extrafreshnet - Arcade Stick Modding Thread AKA (Guapo's Workshop)
Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011
      0 points
    Madcatz or Gamestop, both controllers are made by Madcatz and are the same inside.
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2011
      3 points
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    Oh man roogle, you know what this means?
    • CommentAuthorRedbeard
      0 points
    it means the controller gods have finally answered me and roogles prayers : )
  5. Member
      0 points
    What is the best dual mod chip to get?ps3to 360? Dont care bout price
    • CommentAuthorRedbeard
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2011
      0 points
    when i asked guapo to mod my keyboard he told me to buy this

http://www.etokki.com/Joytron%20Paewang%20Revolution%20PCB%20Only
    • CommentAuthortkid
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2011 edited
      0 points
    How difficult is it to mod one of those Blaze duo sticks for the PS2?

Lame, all the buttons are attached to the PCB. If it's too much of a pain, I'll just sell it.
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011
      0 points
    Do you have a picture of it? Also a pic of the insides would be helpful too.
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
      0 points
    Guapo, my triangle and L2 on my mc standard edition fightstick sometimes just stop working, especially when trying to push repeatedly for MVC3 combos, AE Jabs, etc. Sometimes the other buttons follow suit. I never switched the buttons out so they're the default buttons that came with the stick. Could this be the problem? I don't know anything about this kinda stuff. I opened it up and made sure the connectors were fastened so I'm at a loss here.
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
      0 points
    Most likely the buttons are worn out. Get some new ones and see if that fixes it.
    • CommentAuthortkid
      0 points
    Blaze stick

There ya go Guap. It's a monster.
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011 edited
      0 points
    I remember that stick for the playstion, they also had a dreamcast version too. Yes, those can be modded. The difficulty isn't that high, same as modding any other PS1/PS2 arcade stick. How much did you pay for it you don't mind me asking?
    • CommentAuthortkid
      0 points
    9 bucks
      0 points
    does anyone have a Toodles Cthulhu for Multi-Console board they would sell me?
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2011
      7 points
    PS3/360 Arcade Keyboard

• CommentAuthorRedbeard
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
      0 points
    El Guapo:
    PS3/360 Arcade Keyboard

An Innovation at its best : )
    • CommentAuthortkid
      0 points
    So another question. I have a SF Anniversary Edition stick coming in and I'm curious how much it'd cost to install quick disconnects so you can easily swap out the buttons and stick if need be? Also is it difficult to put Sanwa/Seimitsu parts in it or is it easier to just keep with the American parts?
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011 edited
      0 points
    On the SF Anniversary stick you are going to be stuck using american parts. The button holes are too small for sanwa buttons and for a sanwa stick you would need to mod the whole mounting bracket. You can put Sanwa/seimitsu parts in if that's what you want but there is going to be lots of modding needed. If you just want me to add quick disconnects then that would run $30. I'm thinking that I would need to use new wire with the quick disconnects.

Have you given up on the Blaze?
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
      6 points
    El Guapo:
    Have you given up on the Blaze?

never give up on the Blaze!!

• CommentAuthortkid
      0 points
    lol

It'd be fun to mod it up but I don't really have the room for it now that I think about it. I'll just sell it.

Kind of figured you'd have to stay with American parts so that's no problem. If it's not too much trouble then when I get it in, I'd like to have you add some quick disconnects to it so I can put in some American parts later.