Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 68

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 96
extrafreshnet - Arcade Stick Modding Thread AKA (Guapo's Workshop)
Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRedbeard
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2011
      0 points
    also...
    i need a te stick case... or a just a regular oldschool stick case simliar to this (http://www.xgaming.com/content/store/products/132/4/24.gif), i do not need any of the hardware/guts of the cases .. i only need the case

if anyone happens to have one lying around that they dont need and would like to sell .. please let me know..id love to buy it from you

reply, or call or txt 4093512803

i live in broomfield btw.
  2. SmilezCo CEO
    • CommentAuthorSmilez
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2011
      1 point
    Thanks again Guapo for the x-box fix, and thanks for bringing it to the mall.
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011
      7 points
    Original Fresh
    • CommentAuthorCrazy-J
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2011 edited
      2 points
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2011 edited
      1 point
    The Paewang PCB and no hot glue wire action per request. :(
    The paewang is super tiny.

The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2011
      1 point
    still super tight and super clean. May I inquire as to what a Paewang PCB is?
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2011 edited
      0 points
    It is another 360/PS3 pcb out on the market.

http://www.etokki.com/Joytron%20Paewang%20Revolution%20PCB%20Only
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2011
      0 points
    Is it reliable?
  9. Member
      0 points
    yes is anyone using this?which one is best to use?after evo will be buying one this one looks real simple
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
      0 points
    PiXeL:
    Is it reliable?

This is the first one I've done, but the reviews on it say it's reliable. It's looks pretty standard so I would imagine it will last a long time. Also there is less wiring so most of it is already built in. So that's less stuff that can go wrong.

deformed_fetuss:
    yes is anyone using this?which one is best to use?after evo will be buying one this one looks real simple

A couple people on SRK are using it and they all praised it. Between the Paewang and the Chimp, I would say the Paewang is easier to install but feature wise they are the same. The only thing the Chimp has going for it is auto-detect of consoles. For the paweang you have to hold select as you plug it into the console so it switches from 360 to PS3 or vice a versa.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    But this new board does both ps3/360 while the chimp i'd still have to buy a 360 pad right?
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
      1 point
    Foxisquick:
    But this new board does both ps3/360 while the chimp i'd still have to buy a 360 pad right?

Yes, the board has 360 and PS3 built in.
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
      1 point
    El Guapo:
    The paewang is super tiny.

that's what she said
    Illuminati
    • CommentAuthorTrue_Tech
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011
      1 point
    only advantage of the chimp over paewang is the chimp auto recognizes the system. the reason the paewang isn't as prevalent now is because when it came out psn was doing all those updates that fucked up a bunch of pads and people were scared that an update was coming soon that would make paewangs not work while cthulu's and at least future chimps (chimps are write once) can be updated via firmware from toodles. with that said its been about a year with no changes and i'm gonna get a paewang in the hori i plan on buying at evo.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2011
      5 points

:)
      0 points
    Wow, that's really nice!

I'm interested in this one now because it actually had 8 buttons and dual modded as opposed to the 6 I usually see. How do you do the triggers? I've read and watched youtube videos about it, but now I'm lost because I see nothing about what I saw in here.

I'm scared to dual mod mine for the sole reason of those triggers :S

Think you can help out, Guapo?
    Illuminati
    • CommentAuthorTrue_Tech
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011
      0 points
    the chimp has spots that you solder to that handle all that for you so you don't have to worry about using hex inverters.
      0 points
    ...ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME!

So the ChimpSMD... I was already good to go before...
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011
      0 points
    True is correct. The only thing you MIGHT need to add are 2 resistors if using a madcatz pad.
      0 points
    So my best bet is going with an official 360 controller?