Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. Member
      0 points
    @Ryyudo

Thanks for the games man. Your the first really good Chie I have played so I learned a lot about this match up. A lot of times I was too overwhelmed by stuff I have never seen to get much of an offense going. You also made me play more honest than I usually do with Kanji, since none of my gimmicks like j.C on Knockdown were working.

Kanji is the first grappler character I have ever played in a fighting game, so I really need a lot more practice with when I need to place those command grabs. Not doing anything while in lightning was mostly execution problems and forgetting the set ups with the dive grab plus lightning. I don't know what was going on with my autocombos. I swear I was hitting it into chair, must have been miscounting the number of A's I was doing.

Was the Black Spot after my R. Action hit a counter to a specific setup with Kanji? It seems like it gets stuffed out by all three of my command grabs. Also, if I know you are going to back dash after I make you block a 2C, what should I follow up with? Would 5C or the chair catch it?

Thanks for the tips here, it gives me a lot to think about and work on.

Wake up supers!
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Black spots were just bad responses. It's how I handle a lot of "staying stationary" situations because most want to get in and attack, which EX has super armor as you may have seen in the few situations it hit. Kanji can command grab through it :( I had to keep telling myself "Black Spot does NOT work in this situation. So I slowed down on my use, but didn't stop lol. Muscle memory!

Okay, it did seem like you were overwhelmed. I was testing it/you and I got away with 10-12 dash 5As. Especially when Kanji is one of the WORST characters to do that against. His command grab will pretty much eat up any string of that. The tightest looking strings give the best opportunities for grapplers. Just remember that and don't be afraid to test what you can grab here and there ;) (Usually in non-tournament situations though lol)

If you think I'm gonna backdash, straight up dash after me and close the distance. You may be able to get close enough if you start right away to get in command grab threat range. Otherwise, get within striking distance and apply pressure. I don't think anything will punish from that range, but a 5C could work to apply pressure from there. Maybe Cruel Attack can get you close, faster, and recover in time to block/R.Action/Command Grab? Theory fighting there.

No worries, always feel free to ask for tips, as you did here. :) Glad I could help ya.
  3. Member
    • CommentAuthorB.P.M.
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2012
      -3 points
    Hi guys! Haven't been here in a while. I am willing for AE stuff next two weeks. Maybe persona or marvel if you beg me.

XBL: BPMTheTinyish
      0 points
    B.P.M.:
    Hi guys! Haven't been here in a while. I am willing for AE stuff next two weeks. Maybe persona or marvel if you beg me.

XBL: BPMTheTinyish
    beg you? lmao
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013
      0 points
    Anyone want to play Tag2 online today? Live: Halfrohalfamazn
    • CommentAuthoritsNox
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2013
      0 points
    Anyone play SFxT for pc? I just picked it up. Live: itsNox
  7. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013 edited
      0 points
    Anyone down for some ttt2 today? PSN: Isaak303
  8. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013
      1 point
    Snoooow day :-) who's gonna be online???
    • CommentAuthorFooblez
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2013
      2 points
    First post on this forum, gamertag is Fooblez. I just recently move back to Colorado and hopefully in a few days I'll have a decent internet setup.

I mostly play AE and SFXT but try hit some buttons and say I play tekken.

Looking forward to playing with yall
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013
      0 points
    Good games Brandon!

Thoughts on the matches:

- WHERE IS YOUR MIC!? We could have discussed those matches lol
    - Good stuff with king, I think you might need to get more aggressive, does he have any frame trap buttons? The throw mix up works but if I was a button idiot like many people are then you would have to play around that.
    - Vega / King damage is really good, I like that team for you.
    - OH and good stuff for that one time you did the team super and immediately did the gief super hahahah, so cheap lmao
      0 points
    i play marbles and SF online if anyone would like to play
  12. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013
      1 point
    Ggs half! Sorry about no mic, it's here somewhere I was just too lazy to try and find it. I couldn't hear much of what you were saying when we were playing, except when I countered kaz's god fist, I could tell you liked that :-). Yeah I really like king, I'm still trying to figure out his pressure game. I jump in and do crouch jab. If that's blocked, then I kinda wing it after that, I need to have more of a gameplan. I like vega too, I just tend to get mauled with him when someone like guy or law or duds gets in on him. He has no good reversal without super and no real reactionary AA, gotta anticipate jump ins. But his synergy with king is awesome, I really wanted to hit a pandora combo with them, but I dropped it every time I got the chance :-(
    Yeah team super into gief is super cheap, pandora too, but you were able to meaty throw me when I tried to pandora you, I dunno if there is a bit of recovery after you pandora or if I just mistimed doing super.

Your guy is nasty, counter hit setups for days. I needed to start alpha countering you tatsus into late tags, I just see you tatsu and i get ready to punish it when you tag and I'm not ready for it and I eat a mixup that I shouldn't have to. Also is his slide safe or space dependent? Hard getting out of his pressure, same with kaz. I don't know what to do when he's on me like glue. When I tried alpha counter and your god fist beat it.... Fml... Good shit
    I'll find my mic next time, glad your back on xbl!
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2013
      0 points
    Yeah brandon does king's c.LK chain? something liek c.LP c.LK c.LK would be nice to keep me from jumping out of strings. Or even some of his standing attacks. his cs.MP forces stand and is -1 on block but +5 on hit? could work.
  14. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2013
      1 point
    No fox I think most if not all the tekken characters don't have chainable lights. But I think st close fierce would work well as a counter hit/ jump punisher. It comes out pretty fast and cancel into light or ex konvict is safe
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013 edited
      0 points
    Hey, just experimenting right fast with king:

- Looks like from a c.jab, you can do close s.mp (which activates pretty far from what I would consider close) and combos. Probably a frame trap, didn't look at frame data but my guess is a 3 frame.
    - Close s.mp is cancellable into the shoulder tackle to suplex or convict kick.
    - There is a tight link from c.jab to c.mk which you can also cancel into the suplex or convict kick.
    - Close s.sk links to c.jab which links to c.mk which you can cancel lol.
    - c.jab ALSO links to c.mp and c.mp probably hits the furthest while not being as hard of a link as c.mk.
    - c.jab to c.fp links! Again probably a pretty good frame trap, cancellable and will probably hella catch jumpers. I also noticed you can cancel into the jaguar step or whatever, I say get your gimmick on sometimes too hahah!

He has some room to frame trap and create the situations I think you want with King. That was without frame data too, maybe get with fox and see what you two can come up with hard numbers!
  16. Member
      0 points
    Anyone up for matches in SFIV or Persona tonight?
  17. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2013
      0 points
    Ggs last night fox. Ultra David always said he thought boxer was a good match up for Hakan... I always thought it was one of his worst... I think I'm right, although I was letting you get away with jumping on me free for a few games, still the jab pressure when Hak has no oil is just eww...
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2013 edited
      0 points
    Seventy2B:
    Ggs last night fox. Ultra David always said he thought boxer was a good match up for Hakan... I always thought it was one of his worst... I think I'm right, although I was letting you get away with jumping on me free for a few games, still the jab pressure when Hak has no oil is just eww...

I do believe there are few people in the world who really get that matchup correctly. I sure don't.. If hakan is not oiled he will get dumped on pretty badly by balrog. Especially good ones who use jab pressure and frame traps correctly. If he's oiled i can tell you now that it is not even at all to balrog. His normals are too fast and his focus attack really gives me major fits. That being said if i can get you out of oil and near the corner you just have to block 90% of the time.

I do think you did let me get away with too many jumpins. However at that close range j.HK is really really difficult to AA without trading OR you could outright be late and just eat full combo. I would suggest doing a jump back attack. Anything that has a fast startup. nj.LP and j.LP have the fastest startups those might work against me. The problem is you gotta be really quick. That j.HK on balrog has a really fast arc and it's difficult to deal with sometimes.

I think you just let me bully you too much but.. i mean lol it's hard. I have more matchup knowledge then you do in that regard, so that's part of it.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    also what you said about ultradavid and hakan. A lot of hakans think that hakan > blanka. I think it's the other way around personally. I think it's even or favored to hakan. I find hakan easier then i do zangief. He can't oil at almost any distance i can slide it. And his hitbox is huge so i can do awesome electricity strings to him.
  20. Member
      0 points
    Anyone down for some Street Fighter tonight?