Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012
      0 points
    GGs last night, Travis. Ring outs are my nemesis, lol. That BT wallsplat combo with Sieg is the business.

EVO TIME!
  2. Member
    • CommentAuthorTravis Z
      0 points
    GGs sir. Flapjacks are Sieg's bread and butter! Oddly breakfast related there...

Natsu's 1A is apparently still blowing my mind...
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    When skillz plays a ninja character he gets faster startup on all his moves.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    It's like activating my trap card. Except you did it. By letting me put a ninja in the field.
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012
      0 points
    GGs yesterday Brandon. I felt I played ok overall. I recorded one of my matches and watched it today. I realized you eventually get me scared to throw fireballs, and I started missing AA opportunities. Im gonna stick it with Ryu through thick and thin for a while. I feel my footsies were average. I mainly lost life due to missed AA's or neutral jumps. But overall I kept my head on and I feel like I improved even though the numbers dont show it yet.

One question I have is what is the timing like behind the jumping knee, SPD mix up? I tried DPing everytime jsut to see if I could delay it. Most of the time you would jump over and I would get punished. Do I just have to block it no matter what if the timing is spot on?

Also are there are little Gief vs Ryu tricks you know about this match up? Like little set ups that you know ryu will have to deal with etc.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012
      0 points
    I would find games of Air or Alex valle vs giefs especially vs snake eyez. I think snake plays a lot like how brandon plays so it would be good games.
  7. Member
      0 points
    Hey guys, pretty new to this site just wanted to check it out but it looks like Denver has a pretty good community. I play SSFIV AE on xbox and ps3 and SFXT on xbox. If there is anyone wanting to get down on some matches of either let me know, both of my tags are the same Specter55393 and I'm always up for some casuals. I do have a few other FG's on my 360 but I'm not too skilled at them.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012
      0 points
    Add me on 360 for some hot hot ae action.....and maybe some sfxt. Maybe.
    360= stikfiga
  9. Member
      0 points
    I'll do that tonight lol.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012
      0 points
    ggs brandon. i said i would play with Tim/Higgins.

Seth getting better every time I play it!
  11. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
      0 points
    Hehe yeah he's a weird character... Either I'm kicking ass with him and feeling great or I'm getting bodied and wanting to drop him...
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
      0 points
    That's how it is with him sometimes. I'm trying to learn akuma and the same thing can be said. I think that's why you have so few good seth's in usa because he requires a lot of understanding of his mixups and options because doing something
    wrong at any point means you lose 50% life.

That being said, i do think it's nice to have a character who can win at any point of the game vs zangief who just flat out has no shot if he gets behind vs some characters.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2012
      0 points
    Good games MiracleKnight and Spineshark

@MiracleKnight: You're doing really well at zoning and getting and out of it. The only thing is you seldom hold the button down to tech making my would-be dropped combos into 5k. Is there a reason you don't?

@Spineshark: Making the move to Naoto or just playing around with the prospect?
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2012 edited
      0 points
    Uhh I dunno. I'm only actually interested in SMP loops but those aren't worth it either unless I can get to the point I was at with Elizabeth where I could sorta "fix" my combos automatically based on what I was doing, which isn't looking likely. Aside from causing people to die instantly I don't really like her at all; 2B and BD are terrible and all of her good tools (2C/gun frametrapping etc.) are that special kind of boring where it feels easy and super stressful at the same time (like Liz 2B vs Kanji). More likely I'm just looking for an excuse to overdose on salt and not play anymore. After having such an easy time learning Elizabeth/Aigis/Mitsuru stuff it's really hard for me to find any drive to get Teddie combos down (Teddie and Yukiko are the only characters whose trials 1-29 I haven't finished all of, and while most of the trials aren't useful/sensible on their own most real combos use some of the shit that I can't do) when he's probably who I'd be playing otherwise.
    • CommentAuthorSir Pants
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2012
      0 points
    Does anyone play on GGPO?
    Excellence of Mexicution
    • CommentAuthorSlickvic
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2012
      0 points
    I think Smilez might still play on GGPO.
    Most people here play on PSN or XBL.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012
      0 points
    Anyone up for Tekken matches on PS3 or 360 tonight? Thinking around 9 ish or so.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    Anyone up for Tekken matches on PS3 or 360 tonight? Thinking around 9 ish or so.

YES!!!!..that is if we can get it to work.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Deal. Dunno what stopped us last time, but I'll message you once on.
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
      0 points
    I'll be down for some on 360 as "pentell". I tried adding you on friends last night but it said your list was full.