Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012
      0 points
    GGs with Edgar late last night DAT KOF. It was good to play with you--I hope we can get more games in more often!
  2. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    good shit stiky! fun matches! your foots are super solid. im not sure if gief chain to mp is totally safe. i know one time i spd'd it when you were too close and i felt i punished it a couple other times with jab...not sure if you just didnt block though but it looked like a punish. super hard though, if it is unsafe, it felt like a 1 or 2 frame punish max. i think you should keep doing it, just something to think about though.

chain to cr hp with rufus though... i think you figured it out that hugo punishes that shit hard with lariat. i dunno if gief can punish it but it looks like rufus is -138437894 on it, which is why i tried to start punishing in the first place, it just looks waaaayy minus. ide be careful with that one.

other than that it was really solid, your team though doesn't seem to have a huuge damage combo. i mean it hurts getting touched by you for sure, but theres no monster damage combo im real afraid of right now. thats why im not going into super anymore with hugo off a cross rush cuz having that 2 bars for ex ML into tag is just too good. its either at least around 500 damage or a good mixup for gief. speaking on that, thats some weird shit when you supered hugo a couple times after he tagged out...no damage?? weird stuff. but yea anyways, ggs
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    GGs.
    Your team hurts. A lot. If I make one mistake I lose a giant chunk of life and get put in a bad situation immediately afterwards. Damage is definitely the difference between our teams. I had to play pretty scared and cautious otherwise I could lose 50% very quickly. Whereas when I would land a hit on you it didn't set you back that much and allowed you to take a few more risks,

Yeah I was thinking the rufus mk to cr hp chain was safe from max distance until I took a couple clotheslines to the face. It's probably even close to being punishable on hit if I don't end in launcher. I'll watch that one for sure.

I think your ex clothesline into tag is really good. It hurts a lot, is mostly safe, and it can get Hugo back in if you want to.
    Good stuff.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012
      0 points
    GGs stik/brandon. I was trying a lot of different things with hei and rufus/guile. Just never get to play vs gief/hugo so i wanted to see what can work or can't. But with the lag it's difficult to tell if something flat out doesn't work or if it's just lag.

Either way i tried to fight gief face to face with heihachi. it can kinda work but it seems best option is to just space him. Hugo i can rush down at least. So that's fun.
  5. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Gg's fox+Stik heres what I picked up on last night

Fox- I think you keep your point character in too long. There were a lot of times when he was about half life and you had the chance to get him out and you didn't. Just my opinion but I think when your point character gets to about half life, you need to try getting him out cuz the next combo you take, you are probably almost dead and in a desperate position to try to get him out, and if you can't land a clean hit, it's hard to do it safely. A lot of times you lost a round with a full life second character. Also you weren't punishing well. Sometimes gief would chain to heavy on your block, which is basically a free punish with anything really, and all you would do is sweep. Also when he would whiff an spd and you weren't punishing hard enough

Stik, your gief is fierce! The thing is I feel once you are forced to play rufus, my chances of winning go waaaay up. Comboing into ex galactic does a ton of damage for one bar and I don't think you did it once last night. I think you need to hit the lab with him and maybe YouTube or something and get some big damage combos for rufus, and maybe play some online starting him. Especially cuz you like to tag right back to gief after a cross rush, I feel your rufus is being neglected. He's such a strong character I don't feel you are using him to his potential
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012
      0 points
    Good points. I will say that i was getting a lot of rollback between us and i was having issues with punishments especially on reaction to a whiff. Regarding the heavy blocked you're right i will up my damage on that.

Also true i need to tag people in quicker, i'm still not used to that because i forget how much gets healed on white life. I also was trying to practice more hei vs your team so i think i was keeping him in more by accident.

Just an FYI for you stick, if you land a galatic tornado and you cancel RIGHT when it starts you can tag someone in and jump and then land a juggle on them. You may already know this but it's a good way to increase your damage. With the latency last night it's also possible that it couldn't be done.

Brandon i do like how your team is built. I find gief unapproachable while Hugo VERY approachable. SO having gief to start with then bringing in hugo when there is meter is a great setup. So i think your order is great.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    Yeah, Rufus is being worked on as we speak. I haven't had a lot of time with the game since the last tournament, but I'm trying to remedy that.
    I tried to land the ex tornado combo twice last night but got ex snake strike instead :( When I went to training mode and found I really need to do a qcf motion to avoid the shortcuts from kicking in. Improved Rufus is on his way!
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    A few things about your rufus. Getting into dive kick mode is fine, but you fall into some pretty obvious patterns. Try to mix things up. I mentioned this in IRC but fs.HK that is + on block and do cs.MP sometimes. Also it's pretty important to learn how to crossup with rufus in corner and do fake crossups. Go into training and practice those, they are super important.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012 edited
      3 points
    ggs Deformed fetus

hey man if you are dead set on playing cap/akuma/doom. Maybe try and switch the cap/doom/akuma. level 3 x factor akuma is crazy good and can make a 3 character come back. and if doom is second you can TAC to any one of these combos. also I know cap America low light is ultra fast but sometimes you have to go for a throw. I haven't tested it but can't you do throw ,call akuma assist, light shield slash,S ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKJnQBe2Q78

combo inputs are in the videos description

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBbuM7sMTGg

You may be thinking " pppffft dude I can't do that shit" but don't put it past your self . The way I have been learning new combos is downloading the youtube video with a program call "clipgrab" and just watching the video over and over and over while I'm trying to do it. it only took my half an hour to learn how to do the "hard" version of mags hyper grab loop doing that.

hope that helped, haha you are the first person I have played with my new team.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012
      0 points
    I'll be on psn for the rest of the week if anyone wants to play.

Thursday I am playing dj hoeshen and unkown, I think they are going to stream it not sure....
  11. Member
      0 points
    for sure man ggs.thanks for advice will def try it out.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012
      0 points
    Big D:
    I'll be on psn for the rest of the week if anyone wants to play.

Thursday I am playing dj hoeshen and unkown, I think they are going to stream it not sure....

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      2 points
    hahahhahaah I didn't even know we started sets with dj hoeshen. I think i won 2? i have no clue cause we played a bunch to test the connection and then all of a sudden unknown is started playing :P . oh well I got our name out to 30 more people :) :) :):):):):):)
    Best Tim in USA
      1 point
    I watched you lose your first set! Then I left.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      1 point
    GGs Joey Orion, thanks for dropping the war just for me <3~

You're definitely improving. And I was saying this at the tournament too: it was awesome to see you come back with your actual plan for characters, playing, light combos, etc. I know online play isn't super optimal (barely even "okay") for advice giving but a few parcels none the less.

You do give up ground sometimes (same problem here) and situations that should be fine turn out awful and I come back because I get that one knockdown and then mixups. Just be wary of that.

I'm liking the boldness of your Clark so far. Keep it up! You're beating airs with smart ground moves and you're not afraid to just get in there and grab. Mix in a few quick grabs in there too, and I'll be backing away from Clark even harder.

You get a little finicky with those DPs or Clark punches sometimes. Online, a little harder to punish Clark punches but I'm sure you saw times where that DP came out and I was cool as a cucumber under Kyo's whirling ring of fire. Then my punches burned burned while the flames went up higher.

Your mix-ups seem to die out more with any not-Clark character (and it's less high-low with Clark and more grab or no grab or punches). I would say work on your shorthop/low game more to keep that pressure on. Once again, online not the best with it, but I'm sure you saw me get going once I got that opening up. AND YOU CAN TOO!

Once, again, thanks for the games. Glad to see the already-improved Joey O., and we'll get some live friendlies in some day. :)
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012
      0 points
    Thanks, Jamaal! Man, it was good to get some games in. I'm slowly but surely getting better. I feel a bit more comfortable with my team though I'm not sure who to keep between Robert or Kyo. They both play somewhat similar but so different. I think I may go with Robert.

I totally agree about being wary of mixups. I tried to anticipate that Kim combo you kept hitting me with but I wasn't blocking right every single time. Clark is my most comfortable character because he's easy to use and I like his grab. I thought about using quick grabs but it seemed the slower grab would get you out of that combo you kept using. I was too slow to adapt to your play and it was frustrating because it's such an easy fix but bad habits prevented me from dealing with it. I'll get better at that.

Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it and will implement them in my practice. I definitely feel like I'm getting better at this game for sure and will work on my issues--whenever I got in the corner, I freeze into like a perma-blockstun and just sit there not knowing what to do. This is where a lot of those repeating DP's came from without a doubt. When it hit, it worked, when it didn't, I get punished like hell. lol I'm so down for live friendlies, I really wanna get more time in with this game and work on timings, defense, etc. Really liked playing even though it seemed online may have been a little crazy.

I wished I could've gotten more games in but we'll definitely have to do this in person once I move (which is Sunday). Sticking with KoF. Appreciate the invite and definitely thankful for the advice!
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Good games last night, travis.

I couldn't block that stupid 1a online. lol.
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorTravis Z
      0 points
    skilletor:
    Good games last night, travis.

I couldn't block that stupid 1a online. lol.

I know the feeling, I'm usually pretty good about blocking reckless Natsu 1a's. And that damn unblockable bomb is a pain online.

GGs.
  19. Member
    • CommentAuthorB.P.M.
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2012
      0 points
    I'm on, up for some skullgirls.

XBL: BPMTheTinyish
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012
      0 points
    Good games Knipping12. I dunno if you got discouraged or busy at the end. :(

Either way, you're definitely doing a lot better with the push-blocks, good work on picking that up. It just seems like you don't have a lot of situations where you hit/grab, and have a solid combo after. So I'd eat a lot of random normals, mix-ups, or throws, and it'd be maybe one normal after or Super. Not super discouraging for a Ratio 1 character, damage wise. But you're also learning three different characters, so it's gonna be rough too, I'm sure.

All I can really speak for is Painwheel. I dunno if you can really do a great combo off the cr.hp, or even if you were going for it, but at this junction of my knowledge for the game play, I'd advise against using it. Start learning fly cancels in the combos because that's a great tool for combos AND for pressure when out of a combo situation. I'd also say stick to something simple for the time being like cr.lk, cr.mk, s.hp, fly, (U)F+j.mk, st.lp, st.mp, j.mp, j.hp. Just to get that knock back, reset, etc. If you wanna end it combo, then do after launcher: j.lp, j.lk, j.mk (and delay all the hits so you land right after the j.mk), cr.mp, s.hp, QCF+PP

You got one good combo with Double ending in the barrel to super. Do more of that, it was solid!

Careful about your assists. I started get used to you wanted to just throw it out and did things far ahead to avoid it.

Holla if you ever want more games. GGs