Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011
      0 points
    Brandon lets play some marvel. Not enough people online to play. And i lag with recon so i am a sad panda.
    Team Tiger's Milk
    • CommentAuthorMeezy
      0 points
    Seventy2B:
    I'll chime in too meezy. I don't think your combos hurt enough, you need to hit the lab and work on trying to get more damage outta them.

Yeah my biggest downfall in all fighting games is defenitly that I get bored too easily in training mode and want to get right into the versus play. I need to get more disciplined in getting creative and practicing on my own. And against your spiderman I know I have easy combos with cap that can kill him but I'm honestly caught by surprise still when I finally land a hit that can create a full combo opportunity. He is all over the fricking place.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    Brandon lets play some marvel. Not enough people online to play. And i lag with recon so i am a sad panda.

i know right dumbass comcast/qwest errr century suck beef.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    yeah really bugs me a lot. ;[ like century link is better overall, but now i lag with all my comcast friends. Stik and i can't play at all now =|
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    meezy you don't have to spend a lot of time in training mode but you should get in there to find out your most damaging combo/bnb and a corner combo. if you find a way to convert cap touches into 700k+ damage its well worth it. but i do get where you're coming from training mode can get a little boring.
  6. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    im living at my girlfriends place right now, her connection seems pretty good mostly so im down. it is comcast though so we'll see, ill be on from now till i 9 or 10 prolly
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011
      0 points
    Played a bunch of sets with Ben few weeks ago when I was in town for a few days before going back to hell, new mexico. But I'm almost always playing and trying to learn how to play Marvel so if you see me on, definitely hit me up. I'm usually in training or ranked. My record is shitastic but I'm starting to get the hang of the game, which is really awesome. The characters I have the most trouble with are Ghost Rider (because of his reach and I just don't know what to do about it), Vergil and his teleporting... I can never see it coming. And any spamming projectile guy. Seems ridiculous, i know, but it's just difficult for me. I still don't understand OTG really and I've been REALLY practicing my ass off at timing and assists, but it's still a struggle. I'll get there but I'm so far behind everyone else so it might take time--just makes me practice harder. I have weird teams. I have Zero, Deadpool, Hulk---Zero, Hulk, Nemesis---Zero, Hawkeye, Hulk. But I've been playing around with Ryu and Wolverine and I kinda like all the options those characters have. Anyway, I'm rambling now--Let's play sometime! If I'm on XBL and playing Ultimate, hit me up!! Also got a headset if that's easier to help give pointers or lessons

btw, i bought the book for it and it's awesome and I've learned a lot of new things with it--I'll read it when I can't play
  8. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011
      1 point
    the way otg's work is after a hard knockdown (most commonly an air S during a launch combo, but lots of move cause hard knockdowns, the book will tell you but basically when you knock someone on the ground and the cant get up or roll away for a couple seconds) moves with the OTG property can hit the character on the ground, usually bringing them up off the ground so the combo can continue. i think just about every character in the game has at least 1 otg move now, though i could be wrong. but check the guide, next to every move in the notes, it will tell you if a move is otg capable or not. not every move the hits towards the ground can otg (most do though). dont confuse hard knockdown with ground bounces though, ground bounces are totally different. hulk's standing H is an example of a ground bounce. ground bounces when with you bounce off the ground (duh!) and while the character is bouncing, any move can connect, no otg necessary. again almost every character has either a ground bounce or a wall bounce, which works the same way but with the wall, but there are a few who dont. only 1 ground bounce and 1 wall bounce is aloud per combo
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011
      0 points
    Thanks 72B. I practiced like hell tonight and with my current team of Zero, Deadpool, and Hulk. I found some fun combos with OTG. One thing I found is that the delay in which you pull that OTG of is very forgiving. This whole time I've been having a seizure trying to immediately land it lol. I took it to ranked and I need more practice but did better than I have been. Awesome tips. It really helped me BIG time
    Team Tiger's Milk
    • CommentAuthorMeezy
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2011
      0 points
    GG's today recon I see your experimenting.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2011
      0 points
    yeah i've been messing around with a few different characters. the only one that did anything was trish haha. GGs
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2011
      1 point
    GGs meezy kinda got frustrated after XBL kicked us off for a 2nd time. I need to get more consistent with strider some matches he'd body your whole team some matches cap would destroy him. also stop doing air shield slashes vs spencer i can punch that shit everytime and even if you do x factor i have a safe dhc behind him so stop doing it. i think you need some better set ups for frank to get lvl'ed up. I see you cap and frank developing not so sure about ghost. it kinda seems like you'd always just wait and hit me with that internet set up(xfactor lvl3 grab) other than that you're ghost was pretty pedestrian i'm not sure about him as an anchor but i also haven't messed with him too much.
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    GGS meezy. My stick actually started to have problems midway through our games i dropped it by accident getting up to let my dogs out. My other stick has a different button config and i didn't want to leave the room reconfig and come back.

I had major trouble doing up or down. But i think our lag wasn't as bad as it's been in the past. (there still was some). I think the only problem i saw was that when you get a few levels on frank i'm not seeing more offense. He's pretty beastly. Also i think that you rely a lot on captains air shield when i started to fill the screen with hadokens it seemed like you didn't have an option beyond trying to hyper through them.

Other then that just don't get grabbed by hulk haha.
  14. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    Yea meezy I'm kinda with recon when it comes to ghost rider anchor. It's seems like depending on the situation, he can either be great or horrible. Like if it's down to last character for each and you have a life lead the. Yea ghost rider is a pain for any single character to get in on unless you have a teleport. But if down to just ghost rider vs 3 characters it seems like he has no shot, just chicken block and watch for xf level three and you can lame him out pretty easily. I just don't think he fills the slot of anchor very well. And yea what fox says, seems like your panic button with cap is random charging stars or hyper charging stars, which would be ok if you had a safe dhc, but frank doesn't. It's really too much to risk espically when you do it so much that I know when to expect it. Also you gotta quit swinging when missiles are out. I know recon said you gotta tag doom whenever possible, but not when it comes at the expense of cap. It does no good to tag doom and give me a full long combo that has to potential to kill, doom will have recovered most of what you did to him by the time you get a chance to tag him again
    Team Tiger's Milk
    • CommentAuthorMeezy
      0 points
    I guess I really just like that chain of rebuttle can help both cap and frank continue their combos with the wall bounce. I've been testing other characters but haven't found anything that works for me yet but yeah I rarely feel comfortable if I am down to just ghost rider. I haven't found anyone else that I like their play style yet. I'll start experimenting more for sure. All I know is I really really don't want to drop frank or cap. I have the most fun with them.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011
      1 point
    GGs last night fellas. Connection didn't feel as crappy as it usually does. I still can't hit my zero bnb online :(. oh well its still good practice. Fox you need to be more aggressive with Ryu. chucking plasma is great and all but he's got tools to be much more aggressive than you're playing him. I definitely understand you're trying to live off that hulk AA damage which is fine just keep in mind wesker low shot hits low. so get that tk tatsu game going into overheads etc.

Tim from the games i saw when the rodent did well you had a good game. when he didn't you didn't. i still question hawkeye's potential in this game. doom is doom i might even suggest moving doom to second and anchor with hawk..i think hawk is a bad anchor but doom with coverage is pretty amazing.

Meezy you're getting there you just have some bad habits that need adjusting.at the next gathering i'll show you what i mean. i saw you messing around with skrull a little so i guess you're looking at supplemental characters for your team. you may want to consider ryu he is super safe works well with your team. cap ryu frank would be a really good team to experiment with. you get a safe dhc(i love these) ryu hits like a truck and you dont' have to risk a character to save one. i don't know how good anchor frank is but that damn kart is pretty good. and they match color scheme wise(also really important).
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Yeah recon that's great advice. I need to get down his approach better. I feel like i'm not forced to get close but then i may not be playing him optimally. I'll work on his close/mid game more.
    Best Tim in USA
      0 points
    Yar, was ggs. I already told fox what advice I could, and recon's seems spot on for meezy. Good stuff as usual recon.
      0 points
    Recon:i don't know how good anchor frank is but that damn kart is pretty good.

At level 1, horrible. If you don't take a chance to get him up to at least 3 before sticking him in the back you're basically betting the game on a random slide.
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorFemoral
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011
      0 points
    Add me on XBL!!!

CaptainMortons