Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
      0 points
    Good stuff Halfro. Good to see another fellow Asgardian in the mix.
  2. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011
      1 point
    alright, time for some feedback for some peps.

Yang: you are for sure improving, sorry i shoulda posted earlier cuz i really cant remember lots of stuff i can comment on. i do remember that whenever you got at counter hit upper FADC, you missed the followup. its really tricky with the spacing and what hight you hit the upper, usually its best to just ultra or TK instead of trying to go for the step kick. also i think you can try to work on your karas. sagats biggest strength is he is really strong from a lot of ranges, so learn both your kara DP ranges, kara fireballs are great for controlling space also, i cant do them though so dont ask me how :-)

Fetus: Really god set yesterday, nice deejay. one thing i can tell you for sure is you need to quit trying to win a fireball war against ryu by using EX fireballs with chun or dj. you really just gotta accept the fact that especially with chun, you arnt gonna with a fireball war so throwing an ex fireball from 3/4th to full screen is a huge waist of meter. even if it hits, one hit of the ex is gone cuz it hit my fireball, and if i happen to fall asleep and the second one hits me, it does almost no damage, and doesnt knockdown or give you better spacing. it just takes away an EX bird, which you need cuz if i knock you down and you dont have meter, man...its open season on chun and i pull out all the stops. im not saying that theres no place for an ex fireball, its just not full screen trying to keep up with ryus fireballs, his are some of the best in the game and you just have to accept hes got you beat in that department. also with you had ultra with chun, lota times you would just go into "im gonna ultra through hi next fireball" mode. and you would just sit back, even though i had a life lead. Yea that ultra is good for stopping fireballs, but that doesnt mean you can just sit back if you are down on life. also i would just rush you down and i could tell you were not ready cuz you wouldnt anti air like you would normally and you were open to throws. you cant get into a mindset where you are just looking for 1 thing and forget about everything else, a good player will sniff that out instantly and just change the way the play. GGS
  3. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      2 points
    Rutt Ross: Wow good shit, you have leveled up a ton. That sim! My main advice for you is you realllllly need to just block sometimes. lota times when i would get a knockdown with t hawk, i would do my safe cross up on sagat and every time you would try to uppercut. you gotta understand, if i time it right, its safe and uppercut is never going to work and you will get hit. You like you do lots of reversals, and im not saying thats necessarily bad. a lot of people play that style and make it work, but you gotta understand that you can be easily baited and punished hard. its kind of a trade off cuz most people will respect your wake ups and not go for resets and stuff, but the trade off is you can get baited. but when its a safe jump, you gotta sit back and block. blocking in this game is a very underrated skill that you haaave to have, you cant always rely on reversals. otheriwise though, really good shit, i was really impressed with how much you have leveled up!

Fox: Drop that T Hawk and play a real man's character....or should i say, a real OILY mans character ;-)
  4. Member
    • CommentAuthorRUTT ROSS
      0 points
    thanks man, whats a general rule of thumb that I should know about Command Grabs? I would have played longer lastnight but I was just mind fucked on you getting off so many Command Grabs. I would know it was comming and still could not get away from it. Like when you would do a cLP into Grab! how do I get away from that? Or when my back is up against wall and you would work your way in and grab me.
    KICK THE TREE
      -2 points
    NOPE!!! My Thawk was beasting!!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorSeditious
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011 edited
      1 point
    Command grabs whiff any time you're airborne. Hopkicks can beat them out as long as you cover the startup.

If you have a move like Juri's close standing MK, you can option-select through them if you're close enough, but it's risky, and you will probably need to spend a lot of time practicing it before using it in a real fight.

Other than that, well placed jumps are a great way to escape or even punish certain Command Grabs.

Just my 2 cents.
  7. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    ft10 thawk v hakan GOGOGO
  8. Member
      0 points
    Ya throws killed me iwas teching them but excuses dont get u know where ggs.i definetly soaked all 20 of those losses in next time
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2011
      0 points
    I got your friend invite Conviction. Lemme know whenever you wanna play and don't be shy to hit me up if I'm playing something else. I'll usually drop what I'm doing to play.
  10. Member
      0 points
    xbox gamertag SSJVic.
    I use sagat and sometimes akuma.
    im still learning....
  11. Member
    • CommentAuthornamynam
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
      0 points
    so im looking to pick up another primary or a solid secondary and I was thinking between Akuma, Viper, Ibuki, Dudley, or Juri, but im learning more towards Viper and Akuma. Id figure Id ask yall since It will help everyone out with match-ups that arent common here...so what do yall think?
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    Akuma for sure. We need good akumas.
  13. Member
    • CommentAuthornamynam
      0 points
    I feel like we need a good viper. Cause I know for me personally (even though Id be playing her), I get messed up if they have good execution and know their setups.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    My thing is if you play online enough you will get games in with a lot of strong vipers. America seems to have it's share of good vipers. I have yet to play a very powerful aukma at all. Although no offense i doubt anyone here can really get that good with him. He's such a difficult character to master if you're just starting out with him. Either way i'll take any alt.

I'm still between characters not really sure who i want for AE 2012.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011
      0 points
    At Fight Night yesterday, there was a good C.Viper AND Akuma. Well from my perspective. Good confirms and knowledge of Ultras and characters as a whole. One said he was regged on here (YomaJohn IIRC) and the other one wasn't. I urged them to make it on here and get some games. So we'll see :( Get them up to speed with y'all.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011
      0 points
    sorry for bouncing early meezy our connection was shit last night for some reason. and why the hell is frank so damn short when he crouches its bullshit.
    Team Tiger's Milk
    • CommentAuthorMeezy
      0 points
    Haha he is. Yeah you seemed to be handling the lag allot better then me. Seems hit or miss with my connection sometimes it's great but all night last night was shit for me. Between the beat downs I've been taking from you and 72b I'm determined to get better at this damn game. Looking forward to lagless play Saturday.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      5 points
    yeah lag doesn't really hurt my team too much except for strider and spencer's overhead stuff. i'd say the biggest issue with your team is no safe dhc's so if frank ever gets in trouble i know a hard tag is coming. I think you might be better off starting cap and working behind the shopping cart. maybe that is ultimately the plan and you're just trying to level up(see what i did there) your frank.
  19. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    I'll chime in too meezy. I don't think your combos hurt enough, you need to hit the lab and work on trying to get more damage outta them. Spider man should almost dead if not dead when cap lands a clean hit and you haven't used an assist yet. Your playing a bigger slower character so you really need to make it count when you land clean and do your best to take the spider and other low health characters out when you touch them.
  20. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    Sorry, phone neg recon, meant to up vote