Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2011
      0 points
    RSF is not hard and it looks cool slappin fools duh!

100HP is a fucking lot
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Cisco you're dumb and always do shit backwards..trying the fancy stuff without getting the basics down first is a good way to suck and continue to suck.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      2 points
    I do feel if one plans to 'main' Fuerte they should have RSF available. +~100 damage and a knockdown on a guaranteed punish is nothing to scoff at. It's also good for stunning, right?

Maybe Tim shouldn't worry about applying it now, but if he wants to get 'serious' with the game or Fuerte I say he should. Regardless of whatever the 'best USA Fuerte' is doing.
  4. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
      0 points
    You should at some point learn RSF, its a good punish and 100+ extra damage plus good oki after the hard knockdown is nice. But for the most part work on basics first then maybe later learn RSF.

Plus like Cisco said it looks fucking cool.
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthorhiggins
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2011
      -1 points
    If the so called best fuerte doesnt use RSF then he is not the best fuerte.
  6. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      -1 points
    ^ he can rsf he just chooses not too like fox says

for my 2 cents, getting serious with the game and playing fuerte are mutually exclusive
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Seventy2B:
    ^ he can rsf he just chooses not too like fox says

for my 2 cents, getting serious with the game and playing fuerte are mutually exclusive

NEVER!!! And yeah i do agree winning evo with fuerte is gonna be pretty impossible but having success at the national level is possible for sure!
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
      0 points
    Recon:
    Cisco you're dumb and always do shit backwards..trying the fancy stuff without getting the basics down first is a good way to suck and continue to suck.

RSF is basic
  9. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2011
      0 points
    yang add me on xbl: murdrah mb

also I was thinking about your sagat a little. You may want to start your block strings more with c.lk instead of c.j. I don't think he has any combos off c.j so it's a little more obvious that you would go for a tick throw. With c.lk you can option select throw or go into all of his BnBs.

Also you may want to learn kara tiger shots. It's a good way to close in on space on your opponent. more importantly it looks cool.

get better punishes into your muscle memory. If you jump over a fireball and get a chance for big damage do like j.rh - c.km - hk.tk or something. I always prefer pushing my opponent into the corner over damage. But if you need to land big damage replace the tk with upper fadc ultra.

don't forget about angry scar either! lots of sagat players do it start of 2nd round. Just find times when it's safe. It's worth the meter.
  10. Member
      0 points
    GGs Murdrah. Sorry about all the jacking around. I have two sticks and only one of them supports a mic so I was trying to get that plugged in but then I had to unplug the other one... You get the idea... Any suggestions for on my Chun game? We'll have to play more than just 3 matches sometime.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2011
      1 point
    GGs Chimi.

Here's some advice on your general Chun play.

You need to get your BnBs down.

1) c.LP, c.LP, s.FP
    2) c.LK (1-3 times), EX Legs
    3) Hazanshu, c.LP, s.FP
    3) c.FP xx HK Legs, c.HK

You can link a super after the s.FP in combo 1 if you have the meter.

Also, don't throw out legs unless you hitco something before hand. I noticed you were burning through your meter using ex legs on wakeup and throwing out regular legs in odd situations.

Make more use of her focus attack since even a level 1 FA is plus frames on block. Great way to just keep the pressure on. Try comboing into ultra, there were lots of situations where you could still have come back but I punished the whiffed ultra.

If you're going to use fireballs from mid screen, make sure you use the MP version since it has the fastest recovery. And most importantly, don't back yourself into the corner at the start of every match. The minute every round started, you'd immediately walk back and give up ground. If you're trying to hold a charge, hold DB instead.

Keep it up.
  12. Member
      1 point
    Thanks AuraWind, I'm glad that there's a high level Chun here I can learn from.

I have several combos I rely on but I realized when I was playing you last night that pretty much all of them involve jumping in. Once you neutralized my jumps with your jump forward + target combo or jump up + fierce kick or something else, it was hard for me to get anything off. I definitely need to work on the ones you have listed above and just zoning in general so I can get in close enough to get some of those combos in without having to jump in and eat an anti air.

So true about burning through meter on the ex legs :).... Same with the focus attack. I still haven't effectively incorporated those into my game and I'll definitely take your feedback into account.

Thanks!
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011
      1 point
    High level .........
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    Peter is actually one of the better chun's i've played. He's really not that far off then say shizza who got top 8 at evo 2010. In terms of straight foots he's probably just as good, shizza and most other strong chuns have an edge on him in the execution department.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      1 point
    easy captain save a chun .

just felt like giving aura some shit
    KICK THE TREE
      2 points
    UNACCEPTABLE
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011
      0 points
    We're talking about the same guy who can't combo into ultra right?
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    Cisco:
    We're talking about the same guy who can't combo into ultra right?

i don't think i've seen you beat peter once =[
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
      0 points
    Are we talking about me or peter? That's what I thought! And there's a lot of things you don't see when you don't show up oldman :)
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    what? you picking ryu again and losing?