Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Team Tiger's Milk
    • CommentAuthorRoogle
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011
      0 points
    Oh, I don't know. I am working on better ways to do the normals and pokes, but good catch on the fireballs right outside of poke range as Reflect is too difficult to time at that point.

The Akuma that I fought at Evo busted out the demon flip sweep option select in the final round and that was what killed me. I guess you can already do that, right? I think I saw it once and then just stopped trying to get away from that setup -- maybe more of that type of pressure.

I don't know any other way to mix up what Rose can do other than what I already do, though -- she doesn't have an overhead or anything like that to really keep you guessing aside from one last thing that I'm working on. Good games, though.
  2. Member
    • CommentAuthorSydrael
      0 points
    Hey if anyone wants to play AE or BB tonight I'll probably be on around 5:30ish. I'll be playing on XBL and my gamertag is Sydrael. I'm not very good at AE. I'm just learning and any help is going to be improvement.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    You can add me and catch me anytime I'm on. AuraWind on XBL and PSN
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    I'll be playing Blaz more than likely tonight. I'll invite you if I see you on and you're not already gripped by the evil that is AuraWind.
    • CommentAuthorBossette
      0 points
    I'm bout to get on some mk and tekken later if anyone wants to play
    psn: L3ossette
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      1 point
    Bossette:
    I'm bout to get on some mk and tekken later if anyone wants to play
    psn: L3ossette

You're too popular, you have no more room for friend requests.
    • CommentAuthorBossette
      1 point
    AuraWind:

You're too popular, you have no more room for friend requests.

Oh lol, okay I'll clean out my friends list and add you then
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2011
      0 points
    I meant to do this earlier for ya Sydrael.

I hope you didn't leave because you felt upset (though Speld, who is not on the EFL forums, was being kind of a jerk esp with that Astral; I hit him back with an Astral for ya after you left ;) ) or anything like that.

I dunno if you're playing Blaz casually or you seriously wanna start melting faces. Lemme know if you do wanna melt faces, then I can write a more whole report on things to work on and what you should be doing.

But on the first and foremost, and I don't know how seriously you were playing today, character crisis needs to be destroyed. You gotta find your beloved one, MAYBE two, characters and really stick with them. You were really getting in there with Plat, but your Lambda... I dunno, you just seemed scared. You blocked Jin's DP and didn't punish.. or even do anything except continue blocking =/ Anyway, like I said, if you wanna really start getting in there, lemme know :) I'll play more with ya and tell ya what to work on.

And if not, I'll still play with ya. I'm finding out I enjoy Platinum dittos. :) I'm always down for a little screwing around (no homo).
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    ggs gnarr! well played!
  10. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      1 point
    ggs Fox. That was fun until i got into "do the same shit every round" syndrome. I'm not 100% how to approach the match up yet. I feel that the blanka vs akuma match up isn't as scary as it is for others vs akuma. Blanka has a weird hit box so i need to learn what combos i can use on him. And its hard to set up safe jump set ups. I have to sweep you from an odd distance on footsie range. and it's usually never a safe jump haha.

I think I got my head on a little more straight at the end. Should I be playing at the range I was? Seems like run away isn't a viable tactic in this match up (or in AE).

What kind of shennanigans are you getting away with that I should know about? I remember back in the day my friend said "Blanka should never get away with hop-thru shit." Can I always punish that? I guess that's the mix up though. What about ex-rainbow roll? Can I focus that?
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    you can focus all rainbow rolls. however if i do it as a reversal it breaks armor (all specials do) so careful of that. If i hop forward you can beat it with jab, but it's hard to react to and i can usually just upball to keep you from doing that (or ult). But i am minus on hop so if you're mashing jab i'll always lose. But if you mash too much i can slide/etc. All my shenanigans have legit options to keep you honest. Yeah akuma has advantages over blanka. Blanka's largest weakness is he does no damage. So everyone can be risky vs him for the most part. Random dps/etc are fine.

I didn't really play turtle i just kinda rushed down. but i think the optimal way to play vs akuma is to just turtle. I'll try that more when we play again.
  12. Member
    • CommentAuthorSydrael
      0 points
    Nah, I wasn't upset. That astral made me laugh. Despite being crushed in every game I played (I think except for the one against your Tsubaki... who I'm sure you don't really play) I had a lot of fun and felt like I learned a lot.

There were a lot of things going on in those games. The first is that I'd like to make the transition from casual to melting faces, as you say. You're exactly the kind of player I need to be playing against to begin that transition, so thanks for playing with me! While it's hardly another reason (since by about the third game I was feeling blazblue again for the most part) I had also been playing a bunch of fighting games that weren't blazblue up until yesterday. That's part of why I almost never barrier blocked or rapid canceled on unsafe moves that come out on accident sometimes.

You're definitely right about my characters though. I think I'll stick to Platinum, even if I know more technical things with Lambda. The reason being what you stated. When I play Lambda I play scared, because I kind of am.

I also remember that DP (I think). The reason I didn't punish it was because I didn't even block it, it whiffed completely, and for some reason that surprised me so much that I didn't do anything. That's a really poor reason for not punishing it on reaction, but that's more or less what happen, as long as I'm remembering correctly.

Anyway thanks! I really appreciated the games.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2011
      0 points
    Okay good (many days later), I'm glad. I was concerned because it seemed like the session was short, but obviously I was too lazy to hook up my (okay, find my lost) headset. So I couldn't really chat.

Yeah, game switching is always a mindset that'll mess you up. I start mashing to try to get out of dropped combos in Marvel. That is very much the antithesis of Marvel. :( No sweat, we'll get you back up to speed!

Yeah, the thing with Lambda, minus fighting Tager for the most part, is you gotta be bold with what ya do. Someone will eventually open you up and can do enough damage/mix-ups/baits to catch up quickly, now that her damage (and mostly anyone else's) isn't ass-retarded.

We'll definitely get playing more :) I'm in Highlands Ranch every so often due to needing to care for my mom's house (lawn, electronics, anything that's not the kitchen [Not being ONLY sexist, though]), so if you want me to keep you updated when I come down and wanna have a session, lemme know. :)
      1 point
    Might as well use my account since I made it and never came back lol.
    Xbox 360: XcaliburMyte
    PSN: XcaliburMyght
    Steam: XcaliburMyte

Playing SSF4AE on PC, VF5 on 360. Thinking about getting Tekken for PS3..
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011
      3 points
    V...F ...5? What's that?
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2011
      2 points
    ggs everyone.

Mark - Stop being scared! I'm supposed to be scared in the Akuma matchup. Don't let me back you into a corner so easily. Once you scored a knockdown, you let me out for free way too many times. I don't have anything against your vortex. I have to guess backdash or just block so take advantage and chip me all day. Cross up tatsus are okay but they're pretty easy to block and they reset any momentum you had so I'd lighten up on those. Watch my meter more too, you got EX bird and Ultra 1'd a few too many times. Change up your demon flip attacks a little too, it was a bit predictable.

Fox - Whatever, you know what you're doing :)
  17. Member
    • CommentAuthorSydrael
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2011
      0 points
    It was definitely a short session, but that was more because my schedule is super messed up thanks to my job. Anyway. I'm up for playing most days. Although it will be even less in the future due to gearing up for school and whatnot!
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
      0 points
    Updating the first post now. Sorry I haven't been very diligent about this.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011 edited
      1 point
    Okay, lemme know if I missed you.

I'll try to update the games over the next few days since it's kinda out-dated

EDIT: Fuck it, I'm gonna make this a Google Doc in the next few days. You guys update your own shit ;)
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
      2 points
    I did the best I could but I'm sure the games are totally out of date. Have at it:

EFL Online Player Listing