Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011
      1 point
    GGs to all last night.

I'm just gonna give advice to Rutt since he wasn't on IRC at the time to discuss his gameplay.

General gameplay -

I think your biggest weakness at this point is your defense. I see you trying to do reversals to get out of mixups instead of standing your ground and just blocking. Also, I was able to play mind games with you in corners because you tend to anticipate a sweep or overhead instead of blocking the overhead on reaction. When someone scores a knockdown, remember that you're at a disadvantage and your opponent is expecting a reversal. They will do things to make your reversal whiff or get stuffed, block more.

Also, you're still not capitalizing on punishes. Instead of an EX tiger knee, do a bigger TU combo. I know it's hard to make that call when you see the opportunity but practice makes perfect.

Sagat -

Way to many wakeup tiger uppercuts. Like I mentioned above, block and try mixing in a TU during a block string or re-establish your spacing after you get knocked down. When you're full screen, you need to be spamming those tiger shots with whiffed jabs and shorts mixed in to mess up timing. Sagat's zoning game is awesome, utilize it. You're also letting me jump in for free too much and this is a spacing issue more than anything. If I jump from far away, you can most likely TU or kara TU me, guaranteed. You can also work on some of your anti-air normals if you feel like the TUs aren't in optimal position. Also need to work on your ground game. Looks like you're initiating most of your combos with jump-ins. Sagat has some decent normal cancels for free chip. Not to mention his old s.LK is back and it still works great

Dhalism -

Why U2? Yes, you landed it once but the damage and mixup opportunities on U1 are just so much better imo. Also, you are giving up space for free too easily. If you are Sim, you need to stand your ground with good footsies. Too many times you'd backdash yourself in a corner if I got into your uncomfortable zone. In general, you just can't get people with strong close up games in on you. Need to mix in different speed fireballs and less automated normal sequences. After a while, I could pretty much guess which normal you would throw out since they weren't reactionary. Also, if you use U1, do it where it counts. Use it after you score a knockdown or if you have a mixup opportunity with teleport. Otherwise, people will just backdash away.

Let me know if you have any questions. Definitely let me know if you don't agree with some of the stuff I've said or have criticism for me.
  2. Member
    • CommentAuthorRUTT ROSS
      0 points
    Your right on all that stuff man. I was just fucking around with slim last night and I know better then to use U2. On the sagat match up when you get in on me its so hard for me to just sit back and block. Recon and I was playing and he would mix me up the same way. I really need to just stop and block but it seems like when I do you guys would just end up finding another way to get right back in! So some times I feel the only way to get you off me is a random TU or Knee... I will be on all week playing and would love to get and many games in with you guys as I can.... Also I was not on IRC when we play Cause I have to pull the fucking ethernet cable out of my comp then put it in the xbox... I live in the basement and only have one cable that runs all the way down here.... Thanks again And I really do like the help you guys are all giving me!!!!
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      1 point
    RUTT ROSS:
    Also I was not on IRC when we play Cause I have to pull the fucking ethernet cable out of my comp then put it in the xbox... I live in the basement and only have one cable that runs all the way down here.... Thanks again And I really do like the help you guys are all giving me!!!!

Aw that sucks, I might have a hub or something you can borrow if you want to be on both at the same time. If you've got a smart phone, there's lots of IRC apps you can use on those too.

I'll be on every night, get at me!
  4. Member
    • CommentAuthorRUTT ROSS
      1 point
    also your talking about Sagat's s.LK is this what you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA8b5efo5U0

at the start of the match and most of the match.. I see what you mean now...
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Yup, that's the ticket, it's a 2-hit special cancelable normal. Great for spacing and some foots. Good video.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      2 points
    Rutt ross look at it this way..if you crouch block the worse that can happen to you is you get thrown..or an overhead(which you can react to) if you whiff an uppercut against the twins or akuma..fei..hell even adon you could lose around 300 health about 500 on the stun bar..and guess what you're right back in the same situation.

Peter good shit as always. tried a few different strategies to see how they'd work in the chun match. i definitely need to jaguar kick more and continue to pressure. I should be playing to my strength of rushing her down adon has a lot of pokes to be able to deal with chun's but i don't think she has the defensive options to deal with his rush down. outisde of ex sbk there's nothing really. so i just gotta start treating her like vega. and fuck uppercuts whiffing on that flip kick thing.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      1 point
    if you whiff against sagat i can do cs.MP xx chicken wing, s.HP xx flame kick fadc chicken wing. does like 400+ damage and i think like 700 stun.

do not overupper fei lol
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      1 point
    And I think you guys need to work on whiff punishes in general in for footsies. Allowing characters to whiff moves with no punishment (of course when possible) is lost opportunities for damage, stun, openings and possible mix ups. It also makes your game all around more sound because people aren't going to just hit buttons when they *THINK* they are in range only when they KNOW they are in range for a move to hit. That definitely helps your game plan versus a person since in xyz situation / spacing you know they will do this move VERY likely cause it is at the optimum range for hitting you. Dance around in that range and fish for more whiffs :)
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    halfro is talking about some high level foots there. listen closely.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011
      1 point
    I am open to any last minute online training anyone needs for evo. Just give me a timeblock (i'm available after 7:30 pm). And i will show up and smash you.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    I am open to any last minute online training anyone needs for evo. Just give me a timeblock (i'm available after 7:30 pm). And i will show up and smash you.

i'd like to make my appointment with professor fox..10-11p..you ain't smashing nothing old timer.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    ill be on then.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011
      0 points
    Few games last night, my problem was me not you guys. But i fixed it.

Did my best last night to expose your weaknesses.

Aura - you did good with your teching. You weren't mashing as much and i think you played solid defense. Nice job. Problem you need to get better at mounting an offense when you need to. Yeah i know it's hard to crack blanka but things like AA me on reaction or just closing the distance is something to improve on.

Recon - I did my best to see how many DPs i could get you to whiff. Really be careful with those in strings. I would say the norm is to always crouch tech and if people are using CH setups then you can mix in DPs or just block. But i do think you DP too much on wakeup/blockstrings. Also adon's DP doesn't have a high hitbox like say sagat, so crossing up you can get people to make that whiff all the time. So just keep that in mind.

Otherwise good stuff guys. I'll be on tonight again hopefully.
  14. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011
      0 points
    fox did you go to evo? i want some fei practice soon !
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011 edited
      0 points
    Nope. Hit me up tonight though.
  16. Member
      1 point
    So I made a psn with a real name. MachoMadnessCO
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2011
      0 points
    I'm usually on Xbox but if any of you PSNers want to play some AE or HDR, lemme know in advance.
    Tha Sho-Stoppa!!
    • CommentAuthorKS Shogun
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2011
      2 points
    GGs gnarr, we'll play again when i get my MP fixed, shit has a mind of its own.
  19. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011 edited
      1 point
    GGs Roogle. Rose is a whore.

Ok but in seriousness, although you beat me more tonight I did notice some things.

You like to jump if you get hit by 1 or 2 fireballs outside footsie range. You were beating my ass the first few games because I was playing like an idiot, then I thought. "I bet he will jump at me if i blast him in the face with fireballs outside footsie range." And what do you know, haha. So I started looking out for that.

For some reason I wasn't doing safe demon set ups. Like you were dp'ing me out of them everytime, good job! I tried to bait but I'd demon flip too early, so you just threw me out of it.

I feel like your mix ups arent masked as well as they could be. Like now that I've seen all your tricks, I feel like I can get away from them. Except I suck at teching throws so you throw me more than you would a better throw-techer. Maybe think of new ways to present your mix ups? I mean when you get a knock down specifically.

Give me tips!
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011
      0 points
    Changed over to XBL (from PSN) due to wanting to try out the other side of the fence. My GT is ADChavelo, and feel free to add me for some matches. :D