Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2011
      0 points
    Foxisquick:Like I kept catching Aura with cs.MK (double knees) with blanka to punish his constant mashing.

Fixed that for you.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    Logos:
    Foxisquick:Like I kept catching Aura with cs.MK (double knees) with blanka to punish his constant mashing.

Fixed that for you.

Well it's very true. I don't think Peter has really faced anyone who can punish him hard enough to make him learn. I mean i do with balrog somewhat but that's not a fair matchup to rog, but say if we had really high level rufus/akuma/twins play here he would be hating life. That type of play won't fly at evo.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      2 points
    IM TOO STRONG FOR CO, COME AT ME EVO!
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    Foxisquick:
    Yeah I was doing a bunch of rog tech punishers just to give you a variety of looks. No one really does tech punishers here. Just a handful of people really ;[ But they are one of the most essential things when trying to raise your game. Adon has c.HP and c.MP for good tech punishers. Both are + enough so you can do c.LP xx rising jaguar.

You may already know these but these are done to me by ramen addict. Crossup or whatever then smallish delay (or none at all depends on timing) then c.HP then c.LP xx rising jag. I think that's the one gamerbee does a lot as well. Is either jumping then delayed c.HP or c.LP into c.HP.

fox i don't understand ur notations..c.hp? close or crouching. I'm not sure close HP starts up in 8 frames according to the numbers. i think its cl.lp that he's using. again looking at the numbers on srk thats really the only close move you can use since its plus 3 on block. cl hp is -1. Cr. hp is also -1. I'm working on some CH set ups and tech traps..so i'll see you tonight sir. playing online gives me terrible habits whenever i play ranked and try to set up stuff off of cr.lk ppl are always mashing shit so if there's any space they get upper. its online scrub 101.
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2011 edited
      1 point
    Anyone playing online tonight? I wanna play someone for an extended set. I only like to do 1v1s lobby though.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Sorry recon. This is what i'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cHV-RBnllM&feature=player_detailpage#t=643s

time index is 10:40. he does crouching L then close standing HP then after it counterhits blowing up fei's tech he does crouching L into rising jag.

Sorry for confusion.
  7. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    fox you didnt accept my invites last night =(
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    see i don't get that. cr. lk is plus 2 on block cl. hp has 8 frames of start up...six frame window there. both of fei's crouching lights are 3 frames right? so how does that work? cuz the math doesn't seem to be right. Oh wise fox please explain the mystery of SSF4.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Gnarr:

gnarr what time do you usually play..i'm usually available from 10:15P until whenever.
    KICK THE TREE
      4 points
    Recon:
    see i don't get that. cr. lk is plus 2 on block cl. hp has 8 frames of start up...six frame window there. both of fei's crouching lights are 3 frames right? so how does that work? cuz the math doesn't seem to be right. Oh wise fox please explain the mystery of SSF4.

sure recon.

top players will tech by reaction or delay their tech. I've played valle before and he delays his techs almost always. Sabin and Tatsu also delay tech. What does this accomplish? If you delay your tech you will be able to block most tech punishers but still tech throws. Most people when doing tech traps will do something like (if we are talking rog here) c.LP then asap cs.HK for that hook punch. This leaves a 3 frame window which beats any type of mashing. But at top levels no one really mashes crouch tech. They do a delayed tech. So say you delay tech my balrog c.LP cs.HK you will block it all day long.

take tokido for example. He'll do something like c.LP then he'll slightly walk forward and then do c.MP if he just did c.LP c.MP in succession he's giving 2 frames open which can stuff things if people are smashing buttons. But most top players will delay their tech or wait until they see people walking forward so he has to delay his tech punisher. Gamerbee's is already built in to stop late techs. It's 6 frames in between and anyone late teching will get blown up. What makes his cs.HP even more scary is that he's standing so it appears he's going for a throw. REALLY difficult to see coming.

So delayed teching is really safe and probably the preferred method of teching. Shogun is really solid at delay teching he's probably one of the best in Colorado at teching on reaction/delay teching. If you've played him i'm sure you know what i mean. he's very difficult to throw and to hurt in a blockstring. So really the only way to bust him open is to do frame traps that have more startup or something like an akuma/ryu walk forward then do c.MP. hopefully that makes sense.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Gnarr:

oh if i'm not playing a fighter then my son is probably playing xbox. GGs today. Sorry i had to jet for a sec, glad you went on. I'll play some blanka next time around, i'm just trying to get better at fei.
  12. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      1 point
    i like the akuma vs fei match up. I realized after we played I should punish your whiffed rekkas harder. I think I can do c.mk into bnb if i space it right.

Your fei is really good though. Just don't do 3/4 screen ex chicken wings!
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    hmm i see. so by no means is it safe you have to already establish that you have x move to beat the mash tech and y move to beat the delayed..or somewhat reactionary tech. I've been breaking some shit down all day and think i have a few good setups lined up. Also i just realized(according to the data) adon's back throw has slightly more range than his foward and normal throws (1.05) but thats pretty miniscule.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Recon:
    hmm i see. so by no means is it safe you have to already establish that you have x move to beat the mash tech and y move to beat the delayed..or somewhat reactionary tech. I've been breaking some shit down all day and think i have a few good setups lined up. Also i just realized(according to the data) adon's back throw has slightly more range than his foward and normal throws (1.05) but thats pretty miniscule.

yep you got it.
  15. Member
    • CommentAuthorRUTT ROSS
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011
      0 points
    Yo Cisco! GGs tonight, I would have played better but I was drinking a little to much..... Also Recon thanks for the games in the AM, I left for lunch with a friend....
    • CommentAuthorMas
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011
      1 point
    Sorry for not accepting the invite Rutt, was playing with some people in mvc3.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2011
      1 point
    not sure why but I have a lot better luck with connections on marvel psn
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2011
      0 points
    ggs df

with dark phoenix you NEED to activate x factor. I saw what you trying to do there with she hulk ammy but ammy's meter building assist is the slowest/ longest in the game. If she hulk stands there to protect ammy Dante or Dorm still hit ammy with a super and be completely safe. if she hulk attempts to advance Dante/Dorm can teleport to where she hulk was and get a ABCS combo on ammy. Ammy doesn't have a lot of life so that adds up really quickly
  19. Member
      0 points
    For sure awesome keep away mde me think alot very hard to get in with my team I never use phoenix that was 4 fun wouldnt mind some tips for my team if u got?
  20. Member
      0 points
    I'll probably be on from around noon to 5 all week if anyone wants to get some AE in against my combo dropping Sakura.

PSN is q123500852