Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011
      1 point
    Donnie Phresh welcome. Go through the site and check out the welcome post here http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1&page=1

As for gatherings check out this thread regarding the chamber which is a colorado springs event

http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1462&page=15#Item_17

This is a thread regarding practice in colorado springs

http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=154&page=64#Item_14

This is a thread on the 1up tournaments in denver

http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1512&page=1

My suggestion would be to introduce yourself in the welcome post. What type of games you play, what experience you have with them, if you have a gamer tag. More then just you were in Florida. I mean maybe you are best friends with flash metroid and CJ truth. Perhaps you hate them and moved away. REVEAL YOURSELF TO US.
  2. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    ggs recon. since i dont really play adon, ill just kinda tell you how im approaching the match and you can take what you will from that.

Pretty much that match depends on me getting you into the corner. So right off the bat, most times you are kinda backing off a bit before you start throwing out you normals, helping me out IMO. i was using that to get a few lariats and build a lil meter before i started trying to get in. Meter is pretty important in that match because exgh is still really important. even though it doesnt KD, if i land it, im in your grill and most of the time, you naturally wanna back off and get some space again, working yourself further into the corner, so exgh is still serving a big purpose. You do a good job with your normals and its hard to pick up on patters most of the time so thats where the match is working in your favor. The thing is, most of the time i eventually work you into the corner, and thats where the pain starts.

Once i have ultra, when i have you in the corner, all i try to do is work myself into the spot where i can basically punish any special you try with ultra. even roundhouse jagger tooth is unsafe to ultra 1 where im standing, trapping you and putting you in a horrible position. I think your main goal is avoid this position at all costs! this is where i win the matchup. So i think you need to try earlier in the matchup to keep your ground, or push me back if possible. mid screen the matchup is much more even, but once you are in the corner, its just pain dude. Jst be careful doing unsafe stuff. You were letting lots of dp's fly and didnt cancel a lot when you have the meter to. i dont think eating an atomic suplex is worth it. its 220 damage (250 if i have meter to spare) and gives me a great mixup.

ne ways ggs man
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    problem is none of adon's meta game really works well vs gief. knockdowns net me nothing. all i can go for i neutral jump stuff which is 50/50 at best. lariat trades with a lot of stuff and its generally not in my favor. adon doesn't really have anything thats safe vs gief. all jagga kicks are at least minus 2 on block..and some are even that bad on hit. in the corner i was trying to get the crossup tooth to work. the match basically comes down to poke punishes and Rh. standing roundhouse beats everything that gief has for the most part except for lariat..and when that shit trades its definitely not in my favor. you get a KD damage advantage and i'm stuck with crappy wake up options.

I generally try to stay at tip HK range..because anything else gets fucking spd'ed. st. hp is probably the best poke vs gief but i can't use it because somehow i keep getting spd'ed. The tools that adon has doesn't really help him in the match. This is the only match i wish he still had quick get up that would help a little. Overall when a character doesn't have to worry about his best move(jagga kick) the match becomes heavily one sided IMO(see honda). This is why i would always play cammy vs you but now since i can't build any meter with her even its sort of the same fight. i was poking(with cammy)st. Rh and getting spd'ed for it.

in other words fuck jab spd. fuck new gief...fuck you for tea bagging me.

/rant

friendship resumed...ggs.
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    play blanka
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    nope i have the three characters that i'm going to play in this game. adon is an uphill battle vs gief just testing out what works and what doesn't
  6. Member
      0 points
    Playing dee,jay makes me sad im getting tired of this uphill battle
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      0 points
    Shout outs to both Fox AND Benchi for ducking me the same night. I know you guys are scared, but come on now. ;P
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011
      -1 points
    Sorry i was doing a big thing with Shogun. Get on to LoL!!
    • CommentAuthorMas
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011
      1 point
    Anyone want to get some AE games in tonight? I'll probably be on around 7/8 if not earlier.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      2 points
    360? I'll try to be on. I cleared up my XBL friends list so I should be able to add more of you guys.
    • CommentAuthorMas
      0 points
    Yes sir! GT= WholeGrainWheat
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    GGs to everyone I played.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    OK..watched some of the stream matches. now i'm certainly not the authority on this just wanted to give my 2 cents on what people are doing.

Rutty Ross - you are playing sagat like rufus. a lot of times you would give up free pressure and chip damage to try to go on the offensive. IMO sagat is most effective when he is just tossing that fire over and over against especially vs ppl cannot compete with it. You are still learning sagat so i get that just focus on putting yourself in the proper position more where if they try to jump over it you can upper. this is basic SF logic but sometimes you need to be reminded. Also stop focusing vs chun li so close and especially if she jumps. i know chun's pokes can be a pain but you need to throw more fire and when she jumps..uppercunt. It's not all bad once you got up on life especially against mas..you tried to finish the fight i definitely like that but sometimes chilling in the first round and building meter for round 2 can be a great tactic as well.

i know Ross is always looking for feedback so i thought i'd give him some from the sidelines.
  14. Member
    • CommentAuthorRUTT ROSS
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011
      0 points
    All last night I was yelling at myself! "Stop Focusing All the fucking Time" Then I would start yelling "Stop Tiger Upper Cutting All the Time" Last night was all around Bad Play from me and I need all the info from you guys I can get so I don't go 0-2 at Evo..... Thanks for the heads up recon......
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    focus attacks are really solid. But using them as an offensive weapon can be risky. If you are having issues vs someone who is poking you a lot. Use ex tiger knee, c.HP, s.HK more safe and powerful options to slap someone in the face. Maybe sometimes time to kara TU if you have meter. Or instead of focus attacking just fadc through normals and attack after.

TU is great and you should be random with it sometimes. But it really takes a lot of practice and experience to understand when the best time to be random is. You could TU every single time there is weak blockstring and it would be the right thing to do or the worst idea ever. Really depends on matchups/situations/etc.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      1 point
    I think you just need to work on your patience and some of your bread and butter combos.

When I say patience, I noticed you were getting hit by a lot of my frame traps and flip cross up kick. When Chun starts her offense, you're pretty much at the mercy of blocking or using a reversal. But I'm sure you noticed, I was able to bait out a lot of tiger uppercuts. Just practice blocking her flip kick and hazan shu on reaction, I got way too many sweeps in on you because you were anticipating an overhead.

You had the right idea using neutral jump pressure on wakeup. I'm pretty sure one of Sagat's jumping attacks beats EX bird clean so definitely use that. Whenever you did open me up, you didn't capitalize on damage. I was poked a few times or thrown. Get in the habit of big punishes, otherwise you're gonna have to work extra hard to squeeze out a win.

Looking good tho, you seem to have your fadc ultra setups down pat.
    • CommentAuthorMas
      0 points
    GG to everyone I played, fun matches!
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2011
      1 point
    ggs rutt had to jet
  19. Member
      0 points
    Anyone cool with me adding them on 360? Post tags por favor? Mine is DHE Starkiller
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011
      0 points
    Go ahead and add me, I'm AuraWind

I might be on a little later tonight. I've been cleaning the house all day...