Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2011 edited
      1 point
    You're getting stronger yeah!! you dp a lot which is fine against blanka if i don't have super or u1. But against rog i would be careful cuz you're gonna get a strong combo even if i have 1 bar.

edit : same with fei, i'm still learning him but once i get him down completely you'll be eating huge damage.
  2. Member
    • CommentAuthorRUTT ROSS
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2011
      1 point
    I need to learn other ways to deal with you on wake up.. But im all hands on SSF4 right now till after evo, so I will be bugging you when I see you on SF...
  3. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2011
      4 points
    ggs yesterday rutt. heres my post fight analysis

Basically I think the main thing you need to work on with sagat is space control. I used to play combojack in vanilla allllll the time, so i have tons of really good sagat exp. He really would make this match up seem impossible to me because his space control was amazing. Your goal really should be to let me get to a position where i can deal damage as least as possible. Like with your fireballs, i feel like you are throwing them in the hopes that the fireballs themselves will keep me out. Thats not the way fireballs work, you should be throwing them to try to get a specific reaction out of me, which you can then punish. You need to know what range you can throw a FB and if i jump it, you can then high step kick, or even better, the range where you can low step kara uppercut. believe me, nothing takes the wind outta gief's sail like jumping a fb 3/4 screen and STILL eating a uppercut for it :'(

Also i think you need to mix it up a bit, you were falling into patterns and i was able to catch on. Like you just kept throwing high tigers and i just kept low forwarding under them and before you knew it, i was in your grill. you when you uppercut FADC on block, pretty much every time you were trying to throw, toss in an uppercut every once in a while or something to keep me guessing. Also like fox said, caaareful with those wake up uppercuts. the risk/ reward for sagat is veeerrry bad if you dont have FADC. the damage is pitiful so all you are really getting is out of the situation, which is good, but if you guess wrong, most characters will put a world of hurt on you. I look at wake up uppercut as like a hail mary, i think you should save it for later in a match when it could really take someone by surprise and do you lots of good, not like mid match where you get not much reward and then put it in your opponents head that you will uppercut, so its less likely to work later.

Lastly just be more patient. Remember that SSF4 is the baseball of fighting games. very methodical and periods of low action. but you need to be thinking during the periods of low action. There were lots of times where i would corner you and just kind of hang out to see what you would do. lots of times you would seemed to be stumped as what to do, so you did pretty much the worst thing possible, jump at gief. now youve given me a KD and mixup for free, and that the only way gief beats sagat is by getting KD and mixup. So yea, just make sure you are thinking about what you are doing before you do it.

really good session though, keep up the hard work!
  4. Member
    • CommentAuthorRUTT ROSS
      0 points
    Your so right man! like you said " lots of times you would seemed to be stumped as what to do" Alot of times I feel that I can adjust to a player the more games in we get but you had me downloaded to a T after ten games or so...Really I was Mind Fucked when you would jump in on me after a knock down with gif! I need a lot of help still when it comes to this game and want all the help I can get from you veterans! I want to play Gat in AE at EVO so all the info is wanted!!! Thanks for the games man....
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      1 point
    Sagat is gonna be a nice char in AE so stick with it.
    • CommentAuthorMas
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2011
      0 points
    I played Clockwork about an hour ago online in MvC3. About 5 times. Lost 5 times. Goodness, this guy was crazy. His Doom was insane. His Ammy was covering full screen. The one match I got to Phoenix/Dark Phoenix... Ha... Fuck.
  7. Member
    • CommentAuthorlunchbox
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011
      9 points
    Relatively new to EFL but looking to support the CO fighting scene; here's my tag:
    PSN
    LunchBOX-00
    MvC3
    Tekken 6
    SSFIV
  8. Member
    • CommentAuthorFoxDemon
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2011
      0 points
    does anybody know anything bout ibuki D: am trying to pick her up
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    benchi!!!!
  10. Stream Master B
    • CommentAuthorBenchi
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011 edited
      0 points
    Ibuki FTW!!!

She is going to play different in AE but you want some pointers FoxDemon hit me up on xbl or come to a gathering.

xbl: naturemade4u
      0 points
    lunchbox:
    Relatively new to EFL but looking to support the CO fighting scene; here's my tag:
    PSN
    LunchBOX-00
    MvC3
    Tekken 6
    SSFIV

Bout time man, good stuff :)
  12. Member
    • CommentAuthorFoxDemon
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011
      0 points
    ok ill add you O: were are these gathering?
  13. Member
    • CommentAuthorno453
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2011
      0 points
    Looking for players of Gundam Vs. Gundam Next (plus), on xlink Kai
    My matchmaking thread
    http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1522&page=1#Item_1
  14. Member
    • CommentAuthorRoxas
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011
      0 points
    New to EFL, not sure if this is the right spot but wanted to find some ppl to add

GT - xSora

PSN - Wow_Roxas
      0 points
    Coo coo, welcome!

What games you play btw?

PSN - Zepthire
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      0 points
    Roxas:
    New to EFL, not sure if this is the right spot but wanted to find some ppl to add

GT - xSora

PSN - Wow_Roxas

Nice! We should get a EFL lobby going for AE later this week.

PSN: ADChavelo

/so many acronyms D:
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      3 points
    I'll be playing AE tonight and streaming a lobby.

Get at me!
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorRoxas
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011 edited
      0 points
    Thank you! =) Very glad I found this site
    I try to play everything...SF, MvC3, BBCS, MK9

Not that great but I'd like to say decent? lol
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      1 point
    Roxas:

You should join my lobby tonight. I'm probably gonna be on around 7ish

AuraWind on XBL. Same on PSN but I rarely play on there.
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorRoxas
      0 points
    AuraWind:
    Roxas:

You should join my lobby tonight. I'm probably gonna be on around 7ish

AuraWind on XBL. Same on PSN but I rarely play on there.

Ok yea I will. I'll be home from work around 9 or so. I'll hit you up then