Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010
      1 point
    Foxisquick:
    Cisco:
    Foxisquick:
    Cisco:
    Foxisquick:
    no i totally hear you. that's why i'm putting so much blanka time in. He might become my main.

...ha. .. ha. .. haHA

pft like u have a chance against either rog or blanka.

ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NAME ONE TIME YOU BEAT ME withOUT JABROG IN A TOURNAMENT ... I remember you tried to play bison at a tourny and i sent your ass to losers ... the 1 time you picked blanka i whooped that ass and you went running to balrog >:(

you gonna be at BK? mm your ryu vs my blanka 20$ lets do it.

:/ just read this ...

@krsjin I stopped playing a while ago man
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010
      3 points
    Oh reaaaally. Is that why I kept reading about your matches with Half, online tournies, etc. etc.!?
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010 edited
      1 point
    Fox "claimed" there wasn't enough interest to throw a tourny that sunday and I knew that wasnt true so I steped and threw the damn thing myself sorry if i tried to have a lil fun playing in the tourny :)

And Half wanted to play SSF4 (OLD SCHOOL SKO VS HALF ALL NIGHTER)so thats what Half got >:(

• CommentAuthorspineshark
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2010
      0 points
    Oh, I forgot to ever post here. I play Super and BB on 360 as pentell.

I never win in BB though because I'm bad and like bad characters. Or low health ones.
    Knows Tom Martino
    • CommentAuthorDre
      0 points
    low health = bad
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      2 points
    spineshark:
    Oh, I forgot to ever post here. I play Super and BB on 360 as pentell.

I never win in BB though because I'm bad and like bad characters. Or low health ones.

Don't be shy about sending people random friend invites.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    Dre:
    low health = bad

Tell that to Nu.
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
      0 points
    Ryyudo:
    Dre:
    low health = bad

Tell that to Nu.

Or Zero
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      4 points
    Or Akuma.

Or me, in real life, when I frequently get into bar fights. Glas jaw, I just don't get hit. Sup?

(I know Dre just hates on low health lol. Grappler at heart.)
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010
      0 points
    GGs to Vic, Spineshark, Fox, Higgins, Ben, and I think that was it?

Sorry if you were talking and it seemed like we were ignoring you Spine. I kept hearing feedback from your mic but no voice so I don't know if you were trying to talk or not.
      0 points
    I had it off a lot of the time, I think it's just messed up. But yeah, GGs.

I really start to fall into a rut after playing that much, though. After an hour or two started doing so many things that made me go "why did I do that" right away.
    KICK THE TREE
      2 points
    spineshark = chun player? if so ggs. You know how to tech throws and that is great, i played rufus because i wanted you to see how overteching can become a problem. Rufus has some of the best tech punishers in the game so you gotta be really careful with it. More s.MP s.HK s.HP you crouch far too much. There are a few matchups were you want to stay charged but rufus isn't one of them. Stay mobile, lots of neutral jump HK cuz that thing is BEASTLY. more s.MP s.HP!!!!

Vic = seth ggs as well sir. My suggestion would be to use more dive kicks from seth and if you ever land a confirmed jumpin you always want to end with his spin kick over a fireball because it causes knockdown + if it's in corner you can do footstomps on top of it. It also causes a lot of stun. Other then that you got a lot of the basics down. Seth is so hard to play cuz of that low low stun/lifepool just a few mistakes and you're in major trouble. But he's a monster if you get his mixups down.

aura = chun as always is solid. if you're having matchup issues with anyone (rufus) i'd consider getting good with a 2nd character for fun/possible alt/etc. I think that you're doing the right thing against blanka when you got meter and a lead to just sit it out. But when you don't have the lead i think you get too careless. Especially with jumpins/fireballs which just get punished. It's like when you play well you're really tough to beat but you don't play well and it's got to be mental or something. You aren't bad, but sometimes you play bad. Sometimes you play godly. Time to make it always godly.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      2 points
    I guess I might as well do one of these too :)

Vic - Your Seth is pretty solid at this point. Like Fox said, end your combos in the spin kick for the knockdown. I think mostly what you need now is match-up knowledge which comes with just playing so it's time to hit up that ranked mode :)

Spine - Also like Fox said, you tend to option-select a little too much and attempt throws in bad situations. You probably noticed me start exploiting your throw attempts with point blank HSUs. Try to work on some of your ultra setups, I noticed you went for the stomp rather than ultra2 after AA j.FPx2. Gotta work on some of those links c.LP into s.FP. Also, use more c.LK instead of c.LP for low mixups.

Fox - Your Blanka jump-in combos tend to get a little predictable. When I'm not making bad decisions out of frustration, I can usually predict your jump with a high level of confidence and throw. Blanka is most scary for me when he's on the ground with a charge. When you start taking to the air, I can block all day or usually beat u out in the air.

Higgins - I think you need to start working on your ground game with Rufus. I've pretty much got all my Rufus AA options from the ground pat so you need to start exploiting my s.HK whiffs. The low-hitting roll is a great tool since i'm hardly down-backing in this matchup unless you're dive kicking the shit out of me. Also, c.FP at the right distance will keep punishing my whiffed s.HK. I would only take to the air if you're at close range, Chun just has too many options to shut down dive kick startups from mid-screen.

Ben - You're definitely figuring out the matchup against Chun and I can see you improving on the spot. Only thing I think you need to work on is capitalizing on punishes. Sometimes you'll do big damage but other times you run away for the spacing or just miss a punish opportunity completely. Beat my ass for the reset and then establish your spacing. Other than that, you had some awe-inspiring mixup moments that made me start a slow clap.

Jalapeno - Sorry I couldn't do the Chun training with you last night, the games ran kinda long as you can see. I'll try to tutorize you tonight :)
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
      1 point
    Must be nice playing super online....

/hugs ps3
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      1 point
    hydro:
    Must be nice playing super online....

/hugs ps3

What happened to your 360? I'll play Super with you on the PSTriple.
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
      0 points
    Shits collecting dust lol. No live acct, no copy of super for it ><
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      2 points
    Ill play with you guys on the ps3 if we set up a play date :)
    Excellence of Mexicution
    • CommentAuthorSlickvic
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010 edited
      1 point
    Seth is cool and all but man.... one mistake and I'm dizzy or DEAD.
    The reason I dont always go for the magic legs is because if I miss the link. You block it and i'm stuck standing there. Then you do a BnB on me and I'm dead :(
    I play it safe and just throw the fireball (that you can jump out of or ultra me through). But only the computer does that to me. Once I get more confident in my links I'll always go for the magic legs. I can do all this cool shit in practice mode but none of it is usefull in real game play. Instead I find myself doing what ever I can to NOT get hit. Running for my life the whole match pretty much. In a way its like playing T6. I cant make any mistakes. Ever.

But anyways I'm still having fun. GGs last night guys. I hope to put up more of a fight as I learn the game.

Edit:
    I'm super sick today so I didnt go to work. I'll be online today/tonight if anyone wants to beat me up.
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    spineshark = chun player? if so ggs. You know how to tech throws and that is great, i played rufus because i wanted you to see how overteching can become a problem. Rufus has some of the best tech punishers in the game so you gotta be really careful with it. More s.MP s.HK s.HP you crouch far too much. There are a few matchups were you want to stay charged but rufus isn't one of them. Stay mobile, lots of neutral jump HK cuz that thing is BEASTLY. more s.MP s.HP!!!!

The only guy I've played consistently for the past couple months will pretty much mash throw whenever you're close to him so I've gotten pretty twitchy about it. I also have basically 0 Rufus experience so putting those two together really doesn't work out so well haha, I got locked up just trying avoid dying the way I usually do and wasn't thinking of anything new.
    The reason I dont always go for the magic legs is because if I miss the link. You block it and i'm stuck standing there. Then you do a BnB on me and I'm dead :(

Yeah, that's something I wish they'd change for player Seth. It's a lifesaver against the super-rigged AI, but there's no reason for them to be so insanely unsafe in real games. Punishable, yeah, but you can do anything to him the way it is now, which is ridiculous.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      1 point
    Slickvic:
    Edit:
    I'm super awesome today so I didnt go to work. I'll be online today/tonight if anyone wants to get beat up.

FTFY

EDIT: I'll probably be on after 7:45ish and testing out the new streaming equipment (THANKS TO THE COMMUNITY). Maybe we can stream some matches.