Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    FlatLine
      1 point
    Alright evo is over that means it's time to train and get ready for the follow up to next evo. I would love to hear what everyone would like to see more or less from. Instead of a specific groups opinion it's time for everyone to speak there mind. Whether it be tournament or casuals or the community please speak up. I can't improve things if I don't know what's up! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2014
      -4 points
    Online events cuz ain't nobody got time to drive all over the place.
  3. Member
    • CommentAuthorRureerur
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014
      0 points
    AuraWind:
    Online events cuz ain't nobody got time to drive all over the place.

I can't play online worth shit :(
    • CommentAuthorFooblez
      0 points
    Not necessarily a community goal but I want to actually participate in the community this year.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014 edited
      2 points
    lol. you guys are dumb. downvote another training tool. stay free, top players will keep playing online without the lot of you

EDIT: Real-talk not jackass comment. You newer guys don't know this, but there are a lot of VERY strong CO players that HAVE to play online due to circumstances. If you guys fail to realize that there are untapped resources to getting better at your game online, so be it. But the truth of the matter is, if you want to excel, use all the tools at your disposal. I never turn down a good online session.

And True_Tech says most of you newer people don't know me and don't think I relevant. Might be true since I haven't made an appearance that often lately. But I did get 2nd in SF at the Safehouse tournament that I specifically came out to a few months ago to support Pedro. And this is after not playing for many months, so I'm no slouch. Take it for what it's worth, we'll be online.
  6. Asian #1
      0 points
    More League of Legends events.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    I agree completely with Peter. I'm getting comcast next week so I can play again online. Most of our best players are straight online warriors mostly. Any ideas for online tournaments? Should they be free? Paid?

Please keep the thread on topic guys thank you.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Malice The God:
    I agree completely with Peter. I'm getting comcast next week so I can play again online. Most of our best players are straight online warriors mostly. Any ideas for online tournaments? Should they be free? Paid?

Please keep the thread on topic guys thank you.

You could do both. Remember the Danger Room sessions we used to hold? Those were good casual "meetups" online on a set schedule. Online tourney for money is good too. I just wouldn't do it over a long extended series like I tried a few years back. People quit early when they knew they won't be winning
  9. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      1 point
    Utilizing the record match feature (online and offline) for USF4 and asking for feedback is something I will do, and would be a good way for everyone to improve. My internet seems to run better now so I will be playing online more. Doing a Ft5 set with someone and putting it up is the next step.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    When the two best players 72b and KS Shogun are playing me 50-100 times before Evo because they wanted rufus/blanka/whatever practice... that says a lot. They are willing to go online and get the right practice with other players to be prepared for evo.

Also if newer guys don't know me either i guess you can ask around............ but lol.

I know specifically like 2 hours before the last tournament here that 72b won, he and i were playing a set online of like 20 some games. Online is very useful and it's something to consider. I would never advocate putting money on the line for anything online. But for training purposes and community expansions it's for sure something to take advantage of.
    • CommentAuthorHellFire
      0 points
    Online is a SUPER powerful tool if used correctly. Main problem that people have with online is that they get too caught up with lag and "online tactics" then rage about how bad online is or that its useless, which is not true at all.

When online, a player should be focusing on learning match ups. Match ups are more than just punishing certain moves and doing combos (both of which can become difficult due to online lag). It's about seeing characters options, what set ups they go for mid-screen or in the corner, their movement options or how they move on screen to create/control space, the range on their normals/specials, etc.

People just need to remind themselves that it's online and stuff happens. Don't take losses so seriously online and just focus on learning as much as you can. If you keep getting blown up by something, take it to the lab and test to see if whatever it was is legit or online making it "legit". I think that not abusing online as a resource can really hurt a player more than it can help.
  12. Member
      0 points
    At the very least if you're playing people like Fox or Peter they will tell you, with their actions what you're doing doesn't work. Because even online they will fuck you up.

Play online losers it's good for you and a weekly netplay thing is not a bad thing at all. Especially if you have a chat program to go with it.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014
      2 points
    You guys should stream your online sessions. Get people involved!
  14. Member
      0 points
    Online for BBCP is trash so I don't really want to play on that a lot haha. Maybe when P4U2/Xrd come out we can do some online stuff with that if netcode is better.

For events and stuff I like the ranbats we did at Pete's a lot. Was cool to have a tournament series and see the constant growth from players.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      1 point
    Pedro:
    You guys should stream your online sessions. Get people involved!

I will when usf4 comes out on PC. I don't want to spend additional money for my xbox 360 to get a streaming device.
  16. Member
      0 points
    Online for BBCP between us locally is great I have not had many problems with it. It's a bit tougher to do like East coast but even then I have 3 bars with people and it's ok. And I play Tao.
  17. Stream Master B
    • CommentAuthorBenchi
      2 points
    I dont really know any of the new guys but it would be nice if people would get in the IRC chat (#efltalk). Its a great place to talk crap and meet some of the older people. Plus i know they arrange sessions on the fly for games.
  18. Member
      -1 points
    If you want to play SFIV I definitely recommend going into that IRC chat, lots of our decent/good players who only play online are there and some of our more knowledgable people like Fox are there too.

I've also set up a thing called hipchat which is a better product than IRC but it's more business oriented so it's a littler weird like it requires a "first and last" name though people just make shit up off their handle.

https://t.co/2Vqaepp4Oy

is an invite link if you want to get in there. Just set it up yesterday. It's nice because you can make rooms, everything said is saved up to a point, it has a really good find. And even if you aren't in the room when a conversation happens you can still find things that were talked about.

It's mobile app is also very good.
    FlatLine
      1 point
    Benchi:
    I dont really know any of the new guys but it would be nice if people would get in the IRC chat (#efltalk). Its a great place to talk crap and meet some of the older people. Plus i know they arrange sessions on the fly for games.

Does irc have a mobile app? I'm very seldom on a pc.
  20. Member
      0 points
    It does but apparently it murders battery life. But they were saying Colloquy is really good other than the batter life murder