Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
      1 point
    just curious on how people did whether it be perfects/money matches/pools/pop offs i would love to know :D!
    its just kinda tedious asking everyone on facebook/twitter haha
    • CommentAuthorzak123
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2014
      0 points
    3-2 in the street fighters, way better than I was expecting and gave me a huge morale boost
  3. Member
    • CommentAuthorRureerur
      0 points
    Did shitty in the tournament, went 1-2, the nerves and anxiety got to me :(. Played Ryan Hart in a ft5 mm, lost 3-5.
  4. Member
    • CommentAuthorsm0ke52
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2014 edited
      0 points
    I went 3-2, could had done a lot better if I was more comfortable with the matchups. I knew the match-ups but didn't have much experience with them. Players that beat me def deserved it tho.
  5. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      5 points
    I WON!!!!!!

....my pool...
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2014 edited
      0 points
    Went 3-2, played against Scrubeks on winners, and I lost. I felt it was a good set tho. The bomb was not an issue since Shield Skills got rid of it, so it ended up going back and forth for the most part. Not even mad about that, all I wanted is to give him a challenge instead of going through the Skrull/Bomb vortex.

Then I went to losers, and after going 2-0, decided to get nervous from there. Did some bonehead mistakes due to the crowd cheering for their homie and it started to affect me, need to work on that. But playing without headphones just feels better and more natural.
    • CommentAuthorHellFire
      0 points
    In Street Fighter, I managed to go 3-2 with Poison/Juri. I was knocked into losers by a Hakan player and was knocked out of the tournament by the same Hakan player. Double jeopardy sucks :( I also have no clue how to fight this character. I thought I knew, but he is not a standard grappler at all.

As for BlazBlue, I tied for 17th place. Played really good/close sets against Dogura and Kiba, but ultimately, they beat me. I am really conflicted about these losses. I'm salty that I lost, but at the same time I can't get too upset about these losses because they are both very strong players. I think the fact that I was so close, yet still so far is what is making me so frustrated about losing to them. I was so close! orz
  8. Member
    • CommentAuthorMustain
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014
      0 points
    I was legitimately terrified at the start of the event. My first match of casuals was a first to 5 with sG, the American Litchi player who got top 8. And I got bopped harder than I ever been bopped before. Playing other casuals with people like Tubazo and Axis got my confidence back up before my pools started.

My pool was not stacked and did not have any killers in it, besides me apparently, and during my pools I felt like that was the best games I ever played and then I made it out of pools on the losers side to get into top 64 for BlazBlue where I lost.

I really want to set my performance during the tournament as a bar for myself. Not in terms of how I placed, but in the level of my play during those matches. Evo was a very good indicator of my growth as a player over the year, and I hope to only grow further.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014
      0 points
    Went 2-2 in SF. Lost to an admittedly awful Oni who I should've beaten, and then lost to a decent Honda in losers.

I'm going to be playing mostly Blanka with Dan on the side for now. Having a character with buttons that beat things, what a world!
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014
      5 points
    Streaming KoF pools at EVO took a lot of my time...Hindered my performance at EVO, but gaining 7k live viewers and 1k+ followers on twitch is not too bad either... :/

Overall, best EVO I've attended, casuals was what I enjoyed the most. I did well against the International players and won my MM. :)
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2014
      -1 points
    Who'd you MM Pedro?
  12. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2014
      4 points
    I didn't do to bad in TTT2. In my pool I dealt with some matchups I wasn't familiar with but thank goodness my Anna save me when I needed it the most. In winners finals I lost to inkog 2-0 but that is my fault as I gave him too much respect. I manage to qualify out of pools beating a Yoshi/Kuni player. That is one match up I'm not familiar with so I had to rely on my spacing and Anna's comeback ability. That dude killed me in the first match but I came back and won 2-1. In the end I got eliminated semis and placed top 20. Not bad for 2 weeks of training
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2014
      2 points
    Good stuff Isaak! I was pissed cause I saw you were on stream but Twitch wouldn't load for me on my phone, just saw you on getting ready to play and it froze... :/
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2014
      2 points
    I MM a player from Peru, I had other opportunities to do more mm but I had already done several side bets lol.