Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. Member
    • CommentAuthorKing E-Dawg
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2014 edited
      3 points
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2014 edited
      1 point
    King E-Dawg:
    ART GALLERY OPENING
    FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH

TOURNAMENT PRELIMS | SPECIAL EXHIBITIONS
    SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH

TOURNAMENT FINALS
    SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH

A multiple day tournament?!?

Oh, you Colorado motherfuckers are coming down here for real now.
    I'll make sure of that...
  3. Member
      1 point
    If there's special exebhitions you should ask all the New Mexico guys if they would like a runback in mvc2. I took there money for free last time so they could practice up and win it back :). I reallllllly wana play mikejonesjackson for money aswel
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2014
      1 point
    WomboCombo125:
    If there's special exebhitions you should ask all the New Mexico guys if they would like a runback in mvc2. I took there money for free last time so they could practice up and win it back :). I reallllllly wana play mikejonesjackson for money aswel

Alex Kingery-Rael: Maybe Joe Suarez, Michael Moore, and Jeffrey Kongphouthakhoun will come out for a marvel two exhibition?

Alex Kingery-Rael: I'm down to MM in marvel. I won't even run DAT msp

Alex Kingery-Rael: Joe Suarez, Colorado wants to get beat in marvel 2. Come down and take their money.

Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    finals on sunday...:/....what are the pots looking like. i'll just have to take monday off i guess.
  6. Member
      2 points
    And this is where the line gets drawn...

This event is for CHARITY. I do not keep any of the money, Pi does not keep any of the money, and the venue basically only keeps money if they sell their own art. Entertainment, food, advertising, items, etc. all come out of the pocket of YOURS TRULY. Last year we raised $4000 and the only people who saw a cent of that was March of Dimes and Save Babies. This event is VERY personal to me, as is my commitment to making money to save children's lives.

Bottom line: as it was last year, there is NO CASH PRIZE POT. I realize this is a tough sell for people travelling out of state, especially now that we're going into Sunday.

What I can tell you is that we had some really nice prizes last year (items from Capcom, Brokentier, Gamers Anonymous, iam8bit, and a very limited Mad Catz stick from Sega) and everyone who got one walked away happy. We expect those and more sponsors this year. (By the way, since you guys seem to have gotten Mad Catz for your charity tournament, can anybody tell me how to get them for ours??? I've contacted Mark Man 20 times, five different ways and gotten nothing since Evo last year.) I can also tell you that we got a ton of viewers on the stream, and we expect the exposure both there and in FGC promotion and attendance to increase this year. We are also trying to get bigger name players, as well as players from AZ and TX to attend.

With this taken into consideration, we tried to keep the cost to enter low last year ($5 per game or $15 for all four, no venue fee) and will likely do something similar this year (we are running EIGHT games this year, as opposed to four last year).

So either you can attend THE biggest tournament in New Mexico, play games for a couple days, win some cool stuff, give to something that could save a child's life, or you cannot. I will understand either way, but it would mean a great deal to me and everyone who is working hard on this event if the Colorado scene came down to represent.
  7. Member
      0 points
    Tell him if he knows what's good for him to pick msp ;)
  8. Member
    • CommentAuthorAlex3sixty
      1 point
    Hey guys. I'm alex3sixty from the 505. I'm down for any marvel mm's. Hopefully you guys will make it down!
      0 points
    2 or 3?
  10. Member
      0 points
    Marvel 2. I'm sure there will be plenty of guys who will wanna MM in 3 though.
  11. Member
      0 points
    I'm down forsure I'll try my best to make this :)
  12. Member
      0 points
    Ft7 for $50?
  13. Member
      0 points
    I'm down! Xbox or dreamcast version?
      0 points
    gamecube ( ?° ?? ?°)
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2014
      1 point
    If KOF is there, I'll be there :)
  16. Member
      0 points
    Xbox. No one here has a dream cast version
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      1 point
    Alex3sixty:
    Xbox. No one here has a dream cast version

Why bother then?

;)
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorFemoral
      0 points
    King E-Dawg: (By the way, since you guys seem to have gotten Mad Catz for your charity tournament, can anybody tell me how to get them for ours??? I've contacted Mark Man 20 times, five different ways and gotten nothing since Evo last year.) .

We did not get Madcatz. I had the same luck with him. lots of contacts no responses.
  19. Member
      0 points
    We're in touch with Mad Catz now, stay tuned...

By the way, I wanted to wait and make a flashy announcement, but FYI, the tentative lineup so far:

Ultra SF4
    UMvC3
    TTT2
    Injustice
    KI
    Smash (Neil says we are running Project M)
    TBD Arc System Works Game (if GG Xrd or P4A Ultimax are not out by then, it'll be BBCP)
    Community Vote
  20. Member
      2 points
    WomboCombo125:
    I reallllllly wana play mikejonesjackson for money aswel

Sorry dawg, I don't do money matches.