Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. Member
      0 points
    Fox can you explain why you think Baltic is gonna be op?
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013 edited
      1 point
    Dash punch is -1 now on block. So now gief and other fast grapplers can't punish it with SPD. So until they have ultra you can dash punch them in strings and even use c.MP buffer dash punch. This also means you can dash punch as much as you want to anyone with a 3 frame normals. Before if you dash punched incorrectly vs akuma/cammy/fei/etc they could punish. Now they can't. Also this means vs 4 frame normal characters like Abel. You can dash punch and still be in a neutral situation. So that puts them at a disadvantage up close especially vs armored attacks.

Overhead is now -2 on block. It was a terrible move before. Anyone who's any good can block this on reaction. So it's easy to punish. Now they can't punish it unless they are a grappler. So you can use overheads in strings and go high/low whenever you want and just be overall an offensive monster. His overhead now will be like ryu where it's free damage and if you block it, you can't do anything about it. Balrog was already a huge bully with one of the best normal sets in the game. But now his specials are all improved.

Balrog also has 3 armor breakers. With 2 of them being -2 on block. Can't really red focus him or punish his attacks. He's gonna be ridiculous. Wombo the way you play vs gief was all wrong, because dash punching was just terrible ideal. I hope you changed it up and played closer. But now with this change, you can dash punch if you want and gief has to deal with it unless he has ultra.

edit: i'm exaggerating about him being really OP. He's going to be much stronger then before. And with top tier being nerfed that puts him in a really good spot. I'd say right now he's mid tier range. With this he'll probably be high tier. But like 72b said... none of this is final.
  3. Member
      0 points
    I knew the other changes but I didn't know overhead is -2 Lol. That shit is broke
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013
      0 points
    I want to follow up with this. Overhead doesn't combo anymore. You can't combo into headbutt from this. This is not a nerf though because anyone who was good can block this pretty easy.

Brandon, Stik, and Shogun block this on me all the time. But it's a buff because they can't punish it now..

Some people think it's -2 on block but you can still combo from it.. no you can't LOL! I'ts more like ryu's overhead like i said. You just poke with it. But it's still good!
  5. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Maybe on counter hit? I think that would be fair
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    I'd be ok with it, but i don't want it too strong. we don't know frames on EX, perhaps EX is + on hit and - on block still
    FlatLine
      0 points
    I'm really hoping that vegas invincibility on his upper helps. Thats my only complaint with the character and the main reason I stopped playing him. I got tired of blocking and throw teching all the time.
  8. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2013
      0 points
    I can already picture it... the new wombo special is double overhead... wait, ex headbutt lol.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    That's his special now!
  10. Member
      0 points
    Overhead frame traps incomming
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      -1 points
    Crap, my bad, Fox. Was trying to browse the thread on my phone, my fat finger clicked on the neg on accident. D:
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    all good bro
  13. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    hmmm I wonder what they are thinking for release date? Hopefully before Evo2014.

I want to see what everyone comes up with for new tech and character choices!!!!
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Gnarr:
    hmmm I wonder what they are thinking for release date? Hopefully before Evo2014.

I want to see what everyone comes up with for new tech and character choices!!!!

So you can lose to them all?!
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Gnarr they are saying something like July. But that's not set in stone. I surely hope it's closer to march so we can have usf4 at evo. The game is still fun to watch for me, but for the masses it's stale.
  16. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    noooooooooooooooooo =(

Peter its because ill be in Japan and i want to lose to everyone there!!!
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Gnarr:
    noooooooooooooooooo =(

Peter its because ill be in Japan and i want to lose to everyone there!!!

Oh... sad :(
      0 points
    any ideas for the new character?and do you think there will be new costumes? /hood thawk
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    Yeah justin i'd love to see more costumes!!! I wish they did that more.
  20. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013
      0 points
    Sounds like Hugo's damage is bonkers. Off a clap to an airborne opponent, backbreaker and ultra 2 is possible. Also able to combo back breaker and ultra 2 off super. Clap xx super to ultra around 700 damage