Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2013
      0 points
    That delayed wake up is gonna fuck guy so bad lol but it does fuck up the...how to put it nicely, singlemindness? Of the hyper mix up.characters (i cant bring myself to adopt the word vortex it sounds stupid).

A better preventative measure would be to just deal with those characters directly.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2013
      -1 points
    so what'd I miss?

I tried to practice but I realized I don't have sf4......
  3. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2013
      0 points
    Sounds like an ex red focus cancel will crumple on level 1. Whaaaaa!! So gief can x up splash, cl mp ex redfadc ultra?
  4. Member
      0 points
    Delayed wake up confirmed today also
    • CommentAuthorSir Pants
      0 points
    Here's the link for it.

Delayed Wake-up.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    Delayed wakeup really adjusts tiers a lot. Creates more matchup problems for characters like yun/akuma/cammy/etc. Brings it back to more how original SF should be where you got X > Y > Z > X. As apposed to what it's now which is X > Y and Z.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      1 point
    I'm afraid for this game. Everything's assumptions at this point, but I don't really see the need for these changes this late in the games life unless they're trying to mix things up to get people back into it maybe? I don't know.

Videooooooooo Gaaaaaaaaames
  8. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
      0 points
    If they do delay wake up right I think it will be fine. It still a nerf to a lot of characters though.

I'm more excited for being able to combo into crumple with lvl 1 red focus. Depending on what normals they let you combo into it, this can give a lot of characters good a damage option out of their footsies now.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    can't remember if Adon had any proposed changes or not. I'll most likely stick it out with the jagga and rolento.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      0 points

This is pretty much all I can think about. 1000 hours in MS paint etc

Red Focus parrying jump ins is gonna be insane though.
  11. Member
      0 points
    Why would you spend two meter to beat a jump in?
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2013 edited
      0 points
    Because level 1 red focus supposedly crumples.
  13. Member
      1 point
    I thought it was only when you Red Focus Attack cancel it? Which costs four meters.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      1 point
    That im honestly not sure about. Do understand I'm horrified of Hakan. Assuming their arent significant buffs to Dan, and mild nerfs to Hakan, it's going to be a borderline unwinnable matchup. And thats why I'm learning a new character
  15. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2013 edited
      0 points
    Yea red focus only crumples level 1 if you ex cancel it, which will cost 4 bars. And red focus can still be broken by armor breakers ie dan kicks. I'm not sure but isn't even the air version of dan kicks an armor breaker?? Plus think about in this version of the game, when you jump and someone does focus, what do you do?? You just empty jump throw, either you will throw them or they will back dash first and you are neutral, except if they red focus, they just burnt 2 bars... Jumper wins. I think ultra will force you to use your armor breakers more. Red focus will be a high risk, high reward option. Would you really want to absorb double digit hits?? All that gray life? So yeah, I'm pumped I wanna see some live videos
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      0 points
    Air dan kicks dont armor break, for the record. I dont think Dan will have to worry about red focus sans Hakan gimmicks, I just think with double ultra and Red focus I will have no viable way to mount an offense against him specifically.

As far as the rest of the cast, in my brain im thinking against like Sakura, where she would normally low forward into shouoken, now people will have to consider red focus, and maybe theyll do her tatsu instead so they dont get bopped.
  17. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2013
      0 points
    Ultra location test changes

Ok let the debates begin. Just glanced at most of these but a few that jump off the page. Cammys dive has trouble linking into normals. I knew cammy was gonna get hit, this seems harsh though.

Duds and rog... Lp mgb and dash straight -1 on block. Huge buff, this will be a problem for gief.

Gief lp green hand -2 on hit. I was hoping for -1 but -2 is good too, can't use on other 2 frame grabs. Ex green hand knock down, yes! Lp SPd range reduced... Had to if ex green hand was gonna knock down again.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Yeah brandon. -1 on dash is pretty crazy. They have overhead being like 0 on hit for LP and +2 for MP. This is interesting because a lot of rogs were doing meaty on wakeups making it safe since it had a lot of active frames. But now you can't combo from it. I assume this means that EX is the only one you can combo from. So it's a nerf but not a big one at all. Dash punch being -1 on block is great. It's going to actually make some matchups easier that were even or hard before. VS Gief it's still ultra punishable up close but honestly i think doing dash punches vs gief wasn't the right way to play vs him anyway. But now it's an option.

To blanka changes.

c.MK is +5 on hit is pretty significant. It can combo into itself, it also makes the fs.LP link much easier and with blanka ball causing knockdown you now have a solid combo that always works c.MK fs.LP xx HP blanka ball.

Blanka can FADC after a Blanka Ball now... I don't know what this means. You could always fadc after it but only up close, if this means i can do a full screen blanka ball and then fadc it on block that is gonna be pretty crazy lol....

Close Medium Kick can anti-air during its first 4 frames. I have no idea what this means. cs.MK already hit people out of the air (double knees) I don't know if they are suggesting it has a higher hitbox... so it's like one of those cs.HP /MP uppers lik seth/balrog/etc have. Either way i'll take it.

The other changes don't matter.

They are really moving charge characters up.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2013 edited
      1 point
    Seventy2B:
    Gief lp green hand -2 on hit. I was hoping for -1 but -2 is good too, can't use on other 2 frame grabs. Ex green hand knock down, yes! Lp SPd range reduced... Had to if ex green hand was gonna knock down again.

They are also saying that ex hand now has 16 frames of startup (from 13) which is the same as fierce hand. So if they keep everything else the same that means he cant combo into it like he used to.

And now lp spd range is less than vanilla/super.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    stik just told me that on irc . If you can't combo exgh time to move to t.hawk or something.