Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013
      1 point
    That is a terrible change which i am pretty sure is a rumor that won't happen. This would force the entire cast to basically have to fadc back on all DP situations which reduces the amount of offense a shoto can generate. Really bad idea.

Seth nerfs are pretty ridiculous. If they are going to reduce the type of pressure he can put on people then they need to up his ranged game. Make his ex fireball be like ryu's which would allow for mid screen c.MK xx ex fireball fadc ultra 2... make his mid range normals better.

Now on to the important one for me. Blanka. The improved c.MK to link into each other is interesting. For one i'm about 99% sure they are only improving this by 1 frame. Because if it's improved by 2 frames that means i can link c.MK to c.HK which is like a RIDICULOUS buff. Also you can currently link blanka's ultra 1 off of c.MK... so improving the frames on it makes that link easier... which is a HUGE buff as well.

Beast ball more recovery is huge because now that this means is that i probably won't be able to MP blanka ball crouching gief anymore.. and i won't be able MP t.hawk as easily. Because of this those matchups are going to get much harder. I actually didn't want either of those changes for blanka... i wanted improvements on c.HK s.MP c.MP c.HP not his close range stuff. Blanka's power comes in with being able to poke from long range. I'd like to see that increased. As it stands he's still gonna lose for free to balrog, claw, honda, cammy, and probably still fei long. Seth getting nerfed helps a lot, since that was one of his bad matchups.

The ryu change is stupid, you're basically nerfing e.ryu when you do that. There is no reason to play e.ryu at that point if ryu can do it.

The fei long change that concerns me the most is really c.LK being slower and tenshin being faster startup. People think oh tenshin being faster that's crazy !!!!! no actually this is a nerf, i assume that it's faster enough now that you can't cancel normals into it and allow it to grab. So now if you do like s.LP xx command grab it will whiff because they are still in blockstun. So this is a nerf. That is HUGE since this is a BIG reason why fei is ridiculous is because he has some of the best bully pressure in the game but he can cancel into command grabs which give him full combos. c.LK going to 4 is pretty important probably should have happend a while back... it's a low that chains, is 3 frames, and links into rekkas? It's also got more range then other c.LK that are that fast. It might be the best c.LK in the game... well now it isn't.

Rumor changes are fun though!
  2. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2013
      0 points
    Thought just hit me... If t hawk can fadc his uppercut now, could uppercut fadc ultra 2 be a possibility? I've always thought he should be able to connect ultra 2 after an aa ex spire if you can hit them high enough. But that would sure help him out. I don't know if they would be willing to give a grappler that kind of mixup off a kd.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2013
      0 points
    I would hope not. since u2 is a command throw right?
  4. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    No, it's his uppercut AA ultra
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    I don't think that would work 72b. I mean i can't do cammy upper fadc air throw. While u2 on t.hawk almost seems like it has different properties i would say unlikely. But honestly it would be pretty cool. It would for sure be the ultra of choice at that point lol! You could crossup splash cs.MP xx upper fadc u2 that would do like 500+ damage easy.
  6. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    I'm not sure if ultra 2 has hit property or throw property. I don't think it really matters, but since it has an uppercut animation I figured it was a hit that triggers a cutscene. But even if it is a throw, they could easily change it to a hit. Maybe even of it only comboed on counter hit like ken full ultra animation. But yeah, hawk would be really scary after a kd if they gave him that.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2013
      1 point
    watching shadowloo really makes me wanna get back into sf4. I feel like I need to read over pages of tech....and not pick a character that's crap

so far out of the new characters poison looks like the freshest character design, but I'm still waiting to see the final new character ....
  8. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2013
      0 points
    Did you check out poison in sfxt? I honestly thought she was kinda boring in it but that's just my opinion. I don't think she will change too too much from her sfxt. She will probably be somewhat like fei, rekkas, good pokes, plus a dan style fireball. Glad to see you get back in, and yeah, drop fuerte.
  9. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2013
      0 points
    Ultra rumored system changes

Red focus sounds really cool actually. I was really worried about rolento having tons of multi hitting moves, this could really blow up a lot of characters.

More fuel on the both ultras fire, but choosing both will lower damage.

Delayed wakeup would be great, hard kds are too strong right now, and this is probably the only way to get rid of unblockables.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2013
      0 points
    USF4 official system page is up

Double Ultra Mode (both ultras will deal "slightly less damage") and Red Focus Attack confirmed
    • CommentAuthorMoses
      1 point
  12. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
      0 points
    I better start practicing Makoto again.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Double ultra is gay good for my characters but still a no no
  14. Stream Master B
    • CommentAuthorBenchi
      0 points
    I really wonder what they did to fix unblockables. Glad to see they addressed it but depending on the fix i bet some will make it through.
  15. Member
    • CommentAuthorKnobbonk
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2013
      0 points
    Delayed wakeup was part of the leaked info, but not announced. Any leftover dumb setups would be dealt with by that.

I don't know if I like the idea of a mechanic that devalues a hard knockdown, though.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    Yay both ultras!
    I wonder how much of a damage reduction we are talking about.
  17. Member
    • CommentAuthorKnobbonk
      0 points
    Rumor says they'll do 60%
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    I think delayed wake up would hurt mid tier characters a lot more than it would make people feel better about fighting vortex characters. All the jumpy annoying characters like viper, akuma, cammy have always had an answer for delayed, untechable, and quick get ups.

characters like cody, dhalsim, ken that have a harder time getting a KD as it is. I think delayed would make it even more challenging.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      0 points
    I for one welcome our new grappler overlords. Red focus sounds like it could fix some issues, but I'd like to see it in action first
  20. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Dual ultras sounds great for grapplers, but if the scaling is what they are saying it's going to be, you will be sacrificing a lot of damage for the versitality of using both ultras. Take ultra 1 for gief... 520 for full level 2 ultra, kick that down to 66% and it does 340. Still good damage but your losing almost 200 damage, or 20% life of an average health character. Then ultra 2, 450 full level 2, kick down to 66% it does 297, not even 300 damage for an ultra, only 50 damage more than a fierce SPd. And these are fully charged ultras. The only match I can see myself for sure using both ultras is Akuma because he's low enough life anyways that these will still hurt him bad. Other than that right now I think I would try to pick the one I prefer in the matchup right now and have the huge damage threat.