Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013 edited
      4 points
    frame traps are really easy once you understand what to look for. The easiest frame traps to find usually just doing jab delay then jab again. But that requires a lot of manual timing. If you want something that's more automatic you can do the following.

1. Bring up the frame data of your character. I will do this to help you figure it out. In this case your character is adon.

2. Look for any normal that has any type of frame advantage at all or at the VERY least is +0 on block. In adon's situation let's use his c.LP. The reason is his c.LP chains, it has a 3 frame startup and is +2 on block. And on hit you can easily confirm into a combo. Very useful.

3. Now find any move that has good frame advantage on hit but has a slower startup. in this case i'm looking at adon's frame data and i see that his c.MP is +4 on hit, this means that on counterhit i will get +7 frames. It also has a startup of 5. This is great.

4. Now you just do this against an opponent. You go c.LP then c.MP. with the c.LP giving you +2 frames on block if you do c.MP asap it will give the opponent 3 frames to do a move. Against most of the cast this results in a counter hit if they are trying to crouch tech.

In this situation if he has a 3 frame jab sometimes he can mash it out to win, this is why a lot of people with really fast jabs are able to get out of frame trap situations. But fret not just find something that has a tighter frame window and use that.

There are a few options against mashers with fast jabs. one thing you can do as adon is c.LP then slightly delay a frame or two then c.LP. You will see a lot of top players do this in strings. They will go like c.LP then slight delay then go c.LK c.LK or something. Another thing you'll see is people do like c.LP then slight delay then go dragon punch with fadc. This also works. Finally another one is you jab, then you walk backwards then you do a longer range normal then a jab. Example you cna go c.LP then walk back and then do c.HK. Their jab will whiff and you will sweep them. The only time that is a problem is if someone option selects a stronger move so they can do like LK LP MP or something but overall that should work.

This is also why a lot of good players wil stand tech a lot. Stand tech - 3 frame throw. It breaks throws, but also gives everyone a 3 frame option (some characters don't have 3 frame normals) also if someone punishes it, it won't result in a counterhit. Finally you have i believe 1-2 more frames to tech something so you can delay your backtech more so then you can a crouchtech to stop a throw.

edit: keep in mind that this doesn't work very well vs people who late tech, but against late tech players you can just increase the frame window to hit them when they DO tech.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013 edited
      0 points
    It's 7 frames to tech while crouching and 10 frames to tech while standing.

That's because throws have a 3 frame startup and the game puts both players in a tech if you throw "at the same time". You're not in a throwing state when crouch teching so you don't get the extra 3 frames.

Also to elaborate on Fox's frame trap thing. People can get out of that particular frame trap by mashing a 3-frame jab because the difference between your +2 frames from c.LP before your c.MP hits after startup of 5 frames is 3 frames.

So essentially, there's a 3-frame gap where the other player can attack you. If they don't have a 3-frame normal or an invincible reversal, they will get counter hit if they attempt to hit you.

Another example is a frame trap I use with Chun. c.LP is +2 on block. cl.HK has 4 frame startup so you only have a 2-frame window to do something. So this will beat ALL 3-frame normals. I will still eat invincible reversals like DPs, but it's still pretty damn good.
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013
      -4 points
    WHAT IS THIS SHIT, ULTRA SF4 STUFF ONLY.....NOT NOOB STUFF
    FlatLine
      0 points
    I appreciate the help guys! I'm trying to level up so we get good adon practice in co. And half thanks dick :)
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013
      1 point
    Halfro:
    WHAT IS THIS SHIT, ULTRA SF4 STUFF ONLY.....NOT NOOB STUFF

BOOOOOOOOO!
  6. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    Ultra changes so far

Fei's rekkas are getting really nerfed! They go about as far as yangs rekkas now.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    It's interesting how fei is nerfed and cammy isn't. I know how much stun she does on her hard attacks like c.HP and s.HP and even if they reduce them slightly it's not going to change how she is played. They really need to nerf the frames on ex dive kick. Also her normals are too good probably should slightly nerf those as well.

The balrog changes mean nothing. They don't change anything at all he's the same character. Just cuz my headbutt recovers faster doesn't mean that people can't eaisly punish it. Thing is like -30... even if it's -15 anyone can ultra punish it.

Characters to really look out for in usf4. Sagat, Zangief, Yang, Makoto, Honda, Ryu, E.Ryu, Balrog, Ken, and others but those are the ones i'm thinking about. Those akuma changes are good but he's still gonna be top tier as long as his normals are in tact and his air vortex options are intact. Which they currently are even after these changes.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      0 points
    Yeah, yeah, yeah neg rep me all you want. There is currently a sf4ae thread like 2 posts down that you could toss NON USF4 questions in.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      0 points
    Akuma changes ..... YES take that c.rh os lol Shit that should have never been there to begin with.
    Viper burn kick change.....AMAZING lmao
    Guy change....oh cool I guess. lol
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    just FYI asking about frame traps applies to usf4. just saying.

the viper burn kick is bad. i don't like it too much, if you do that then her upper should be more like an actual upper.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      0 points
    If you are going to ask such generic questions about sf in general, lets just make this a sf learning thread....or lets talk about usf4 in the usf4 thread thats just me

Viper burn kick change is great, lets make people think about what they are doing on wake up lmao
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    but you make viper far weaker. She has shit pokes, Shit escapes, Average oki... the only thing at that point is she can potentially do big damage and if she has meter she's somewhat dangerous.

If i said ex hurricane on guy wasnt' invincible that's how i would compare it to.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    most of the changes make me feel like this :(
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
      1 point
    so what about option selects.. are they still going to be in ultra? how do those work?
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      2 points
    Option select yo ass out of this thread NUB
  16. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2013
      0 points
    More rumored usf4 changes

Seth getting nerfed to shit!!! They will have to give him some more hp if this is true.

Ryu cr mk to fireball a true block string??? I really don't like that....
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Seventy2B:

Seth getting nerfed to shit!!! ....

GOOD!!!!!
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
      0 points
    Seventy2B:
    Ryu cr mk to fireball a true block string??? I really don't like that....

Yea thats a huge buff to Ryu if they give him that. Since I've been playing E. Ryu, c.MK fireball being a true block string is amazing. I can imagine how it will be with a better faster c.MK.
    • CommentAuthorSir Pants
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013
      0 points
    I wonder it cr.foward had more advantage on block, or if hadouken has faster start-up...
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013
      0 points
    Another rumor is -3 on all DP FADC forwards. That would be interesting. Lot's of pressure would go away from a lot of the cast.

Being in the corner would be a lot scarier. Even if you FADC your DP you can get a pretty big punish from most of the cast.

I also think they are nerfing seth a little too much. I can understand some of the nerfs but a lot of the rumored ones right now seem pretty harsh.