Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2014
      1 point
    Both of you guys are scrubs. You make me sick!
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      1 point
    do you even play this game?
  3. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    if you can punish jab ball then that matchup is gonna be 6-4 to gief. I already think it's even because you can punish c.HP now. Being able to shut that down is TERRIBLE for blanka. I have to rely on s.MP alone now? what a joke ;[

Yeah I'm not sure ill have to test it. I'd actually be pretty surprised if he could straight punish it. If I had to guess I would say he can probably just get jab gh without a follow up to gain position...have to test it when I get home
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Yeah i may have to test it as well. That matchup is already a battle over controlling ground and it's hard for blanka to do that without all his tools. Right now been focusing on Rufus and T.hawk and i may drop blanka completely if i feel that T.hawk covers all the matchups blanka does.
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014 edited
      3 points
    I played a really good Rufus last night. His ex messiah buff is noticeable. You can do regular messiah into ex messiah now? I think that's what he did.

Either way, getting full hits on that makes up for some of the damage he would miss out on. Rufus is definitely a read heavy character though. I feel like he can still have problems getting in, but if youre creative and able to adapt Rufus can be big trouble.

I played Daigo the other night as well. I can see why he switched to e. ryu. The damage output is ridiculous. I whiffed a c.mk against him and he did c.mk ex. fireball FADC U2 for like half my health.

That's one thing I know I need get better at is really making people pay in certain situations. A lot of players here will take so much of my health away for whiffing something like a c.mk. It really makes me think twice about what pokes I want to throw out.

I have been playing Akuma mostly. I am going to stick with him I decided. He is still really good and I was being impatient with the Ultra changes and not taking time to think about how I can use him better. His far standing fierce buff is really good. You can really good corner pressure with fsf. red fireball. You get good frame advantage which leads to high / low mixups.

One of the biggest differences I notice personally between Colorado and Japan gameplay is that Colorado (me included) doesn't value the neutral game enough. I think we tend to leave a lot of damage on the table by getting impatient really early on in matches. Here players are very careful about leaving themselves exposed. Most of the time people take the safest situation even if that means taking damage.

For example people here will almost ALWAYS let you throw them at least once or twice when you have 2 meters and an ultra. They mix up their defense as much as their offense. Instead of risking something like a wake up DP, players just want to reset the game to neutral as quick as possible if they get knocked down. Then the cycle repeats.

I'm definitely not saying anything new here - but it is one thing to read about, and one thing to experience. So hopefully we can get better as a whole from this.

EDIT: one last thing - Poison is SOOOOOO good. Wow. I will try to get some footage for you Poison lovers. All I have to say is that if you get put in the corner - you lose.
  6. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014
      1 point
    Ggs foxy. Yeah tested some blanka stuff, gief can not punish jab or ex ball w/o a perfectly timed Kara ex gh which I've never been a big fan of because I'm not that consistent getting it and the punishment for missing it is pretty steep. You can jab gh tho to get right in w/o a punish, I just need to condition myself to do it, I'm still used to just walking forward. It's pretty good actually it gets him in right up close.

Nice foots with Rufus too. That match up is like the blanka gief match up for gief. It's not really as bad as it seems, it just plays very very different for Rufus than any other match up he has, and if you don't know how it play it, it seems like the worst match up in the world.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014
      0 points
    yeah its hard but i don't find it like impossible. i just have to outplay to win(rufus/gief) i'm fine with those matchups.

The blanka matchup is harder for sure. gh is fast and i can't just blindly use c.HP whenever i want. I don't think it's like 6-4 gief or anything but it could be even instead of slight favor to blanka. hard to say.
  8. Member
    • CommentAuthorsm0ke52
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014 edited
      1 point
    Gnarr:
    EDIT: one last thing - Poison is SOOOOOO good. Wow. I will try to get some footage for you Poison lovers. All I have to say is that if you get put in the corner - you lose.

Here is a 1hr30min video of a high level akuma player breaking down the poison match up to a tee. Also good for non-akuma players as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_E2-YlSlc
  9. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014
      0 points
    Thank you for sharing that. I'm tired of losing money!

That guy actually came to a colorado tournament a while back. He is really smart.

I played a Decapre player for a while last night. So far I don't feel she is that strong. I still lost to a him a lot, but it was out of inexperience. She seems to struggle with offense and is really weak to focus.

Has anyone else been playing with her? Thoughts?
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014 edited
      2 points
    Sickest whiff punish ever: http://www.twitch.tv/automattock/c/4484795
  11. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2014 edited
      1 point
    Interesting video on how red focus and one reset can lead to death. A lot of these resets are actually realistic too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SKc8oYSiVs

"Capcom presents... Marvel com" oh wait, wrong game.
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014
      0 points
    Aspects of this look practical. Some of the resets look easier to read than others. That Gouken combo looked sick as fuck though.
    Knows Tom Martino
    • CommentAuthorDre
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014 edited
      1 point
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2014
      2 points
    "this video is private" You suck Dre.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      2 points
    Foxisquick:
    "this video is private" You suck Dre.

First post after like 2 years, fails
    Knows Tom Martino
    • CommentAuthorDre
      4 points
    Think I fixed the awful video of my awful Hugo, if not I will return in two more years and try again.
    Knows Tom Martino
    • CommentAuthorDre
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2014
      0 points
    Tha Sho-Stoppa!!
    • CommentAuthorKS Shogun
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2014
      5 points
    Me and arturo playing matches today, 1st one at 22:50, 2nd one at 45:25

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/545073365
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014
      0 points
    Most of you have probably seen this, but this is a killer set:

Killer Set

I know we have a few poison players. Some of those resets after EX rekka combos look pretty difficult to read, and there are a couple of corner traps where that fast recovery on fireball sets up some great mix-ups. Good stuff.
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2014 edited
      2 points
    I think T.Hawk is getting slept on a little bit as far as tier listings and rankings. With his sped up condor dive and mobility he is like a meat shield.

Koji KOG is a good example of how Japanese players use thawk. They all pick ultra 1 and don't give a shit about how much damage they take. They base their whole game play around landing ultra 1. By the time U1 is stalked they usually have you at around 50% which is enough for U1 to kill. Mix up between condor dive and good footsies and it's a great recipe to have someone sit still and get ultra'd. KOG may have a aggressive playstyle but even the defensive thawks use this strategy.

With his high health it requires most people to play the match up perfectly every round. Not in the favor of the opponent.