Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2014
      0 points
    i thought that name looked familiar how have you been man.
  2. Member
      0 points
    Elena has been a lot of fun to play, I can't do her links consistently at all yet but just focusing on my basics while trying to connect with them, if I drop it and get punished it's whatever that will come. Online feels pretty good haven't had too many problems even playing with a friend from CT.

Overall so far seems like a nice new edition to SFIV.
  3. Member
    • CommentAuthorRureerur
      -1 points
    deformed_fetuss:
    Dudley full screen u1.....stupid

I like it. :)
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      1 point
    Early Rolento Impressions:

I really like the character, he seems like a mostly footsie based character with a couple gimmick moves. Jump jab seems like a really good move to deal with characters that are forced to jump a lot (divekick characters), otherwise st. mp and st. hk seem like solid AAs, granted mp loses to certain jump ins kindve bad, roses j. mk comes to mind. His extended combos dont seem to do a whole lot a damage, so if you want to go for a dizzy you might have to rely on ex patriot dash under resets or something.

I dont see a reason not to use Ultra Combo Double with Rolento since he has extreme ease landing either one. Overall really enjoying the character and plan to stick with him with sub Dan for a few matchups.

For anyone interested here's his frame data: http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/27cm23/rolento_frame_data/
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    D-bus:

I really like the character, he seems like a mostly footsie based character with a couple gimmick moves. Jump jab seems like a really good move to deal with characters that are forced to jump a lot (divekick characters), otherwise st. mp and st. hk seem like solid AAs, granted mp loses to certain jump ins kindve bad, roses j. mk comes to mind. His extended combos dont seem to do a whole lot a damage, so if you want to go for a dizzy you might have to rely on ex patriot dash under resets or something.

I dont see a reason not to use Ultra Combo Double with Rolento since he has extreme ease landing either one. Overall really enjoying the character and plan to stick with him with sub Dan for a few matchups.

For anyone interested here's his frame data: [url=http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/27cm23/rolento_frame_data/

Dickbutt
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      1 point
    AuraWind:
    D-bus:

For anyone interested here's his frame data: [url=http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/27cm23/rolento_frame_data/

Dickbutt

I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    D-bus:
    AuraWind:
    D-bus:

Dickbutt

Tha Sho-Stoppa!!
    • CommentAuthorKS Shogun
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2014
      6 points
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    MAN PEOPLE FORGET THE ABEL EXPRESS. 1 WAY TRIP IT ONLY COSTS YOUR LIFE BAR.
  10. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2014
      0 points
    Rolento can instant pogo. Just do pogo right as you get off the ground and you will barely go into the air then pogo. Might be good for set ups.
  11. Member
      1 point
    Abel might be my favorite character to watch.
  12. Member
    • CommentAuthorSouth90
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2014
      0 points
    Miracleknight:

Abel is like the flash bang. He gets in on you and explodes and nobody knows what happened.
      0 points
    i keep telling people to bring jackets because of the tornado warnings
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2014 edited
      0 points
    Miracleknight:

Yeah, he's my favorite of the new SF4 characters. I don't have the grappler mentality at all so I didn't give him an honest go.

Good stuff btw Shogun! My Southern Hero. (South CO)

So what's the honest/early take on Yang? I tried the game for the first time last night. No trial mode yet for Ultra so I messed around in training mode. I wasn't really able to find much in the damage department but probably missing out on key stuff.

I like his walk speed. His jump arc felt weird (But everyone's kinda does to me in SF4). I liked his limbs, especially roundhouse and far standing fierce.

Dudley felt natural to me but I spent a lot of time with him in the past. Felt good/strong I think his problem matchups will remain the same though, just a little less troublesome.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2014
      0 points
    Adon is still a monster, but with all the nerfs why couldn't they improve his damage vs crouchers. Improved range on cl.mk world do it. Also making st.hp red fadc able would be so much more useful than cr.hp that move is a distant anti air. Hopefully he can get some improvements. Due to how weak his ultra combo is already double ultra is the way to go.
  16. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2014
      0 points
    Day 1 Ultra impressions (a week late)

Very interesting version of the game. So far I like it.

Akuma - Slow. Without heavy vortex it's a lot of run away and safe play. I'm not sure how much I can put up with that. I will have to play around more before I decide.

Ryu - Still Ryu. Always been good in the SF4 series. I will probably take Ryu over Akuma just for more HP. I played Ryu the majority of the night last night at Brandons and I had a lot of fun. Honestly if I stuck with Ryu I would become 3x a better player, so he's a strong possibility.

Played against Rolento, Hugo, and Poision as far as the new cast. Hugo will struggle forever.

Posion seems to have a lot of potential. She feels similar to the Jury match up in the sense that her fireballs are meant to aggravate you into action. They don't really do any damage but can generate a lot of offense. Her pokes seem ok. It seems like she struggles in the ryu cr.mk range.

Rolento - Not sure what to think yet. I think he has a lot of potential. It will be interesting to see how he develops over time and what people come up with him.

Still need to play against an Elena and Decap! Decapre is appealing to me. I will check her out in the lab.
    • CommentAuthorMas
      0 points
    I'm good recon, hope you are as well.

Played some sets with Cisco and his Evil Ryu. I'm not sure what he was like in previous iterations, but he is pretty good in this version, and has some really quick mix ups. That overhead kick is nasty.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    poor hugo.
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2014 edited
      0 points
    Dudley seems like even more of a combo machine now than he used to be:

DUDS!

Edit: also, props to Shogun for making the EventHubs daily USF4 video roundup with the video posted earlier in this thread.