Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. Member
      0 points
    It's her forward + MP which is the elbow drop, the flip kick isn't an overhead. She can get 244 meterless plus it's the same route you would use to combo into her U1.

Also, I think you can jump cancel her EX Rekkas and combo into U1 but my execution is ass and haven't gotten it. I know you can land it in the corner without a jump cancel.
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    f+MP is a slow startup i thought.

either way 244 meterless is very solid but it really depends on how fast the overhead is. I don't think it's fast at all.

To compare blanka has an overhead that links to ultra he gets like 500 damage from it. but it's dog slow and easy to block most of the time.

Also poison and blanka are not optimal up close so still risky.
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    Also it seems that it's -8 on block so that is really risky.
  4. Member
      0 points
    btw I'm Thief Silver on XBLA, add me bitches.
  5. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2014
      0 points
    Day 1 impressions. Mostly played t hawk, did pretty well, I feel like I'm picking up ultra hawk fairly quickly. I obviously think he's much better in ultra, I'm not sure if he is going to stay super popular though. I don't think he's going to stay high tier, but he is solid for sure. Spire is super good. I reeeeeeally like playing double ultra with him. The damage is just so low though, I don't know if I can justify using it. If it was 75 like normal characters, I would always use double, 60 though...man. I dunno I'll probably stick to slash most of the time. Blanka is still an awful match up, and it seems like every blanka ever was on tonight. That's what I think hawks biggest problem is going to be is he still has quite a few bad match ups. I'm having fun though

I played maybe 1/4 of my matches using gief (mostly when I knew it was a blanka player). He is for sure better, I was really liking jab gh. Really there's not tons of reasons to combo in ex gh, jab only does 20 less damage and is -2 as opposed to 0 on hit. Eh gh xx red focus is actually more of a threat than I thought, it's pretty scary for fireball characters. I'm liking ultra gief

Hugo....I really don't know, I don't have much faith in him after playing him. I like him he's fun, but it seems pretty hard. Maybe if some really good Hugo player can show me the proper way to play him and do some of the leg work for me, maybe I'll pick him up later, but with gief and hawk both looking pretty good, I don't think I'm gonna put much time into him...

Liking the game a lot, had fun. More to come tomorrow
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    I really wish they would have fixed giefs focus attack whiffing on crouchers. That's a quick way to lose all your meter and get punished if you aren't paying attention.

Still getting used to the idea of exrfa, it leads into some pretty damaging situations. And with gief not needing ex green hand now he really seems to build meter quick.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Day 1 Rolento..

Ultra choice-Double. Even from the most basic confirms you're dealing 40 less damage by going double Ultra totally worth it to have Hang man on deck.

His Footsies are good really good. he's annoying St. HP is a great button. st.mk cr.mk as well. His anti air buttons are really good st.mp or an early st. hk will keep people off of you at distance. Stinger game is good ex stinger has some great utility. you can use the Ex stinger to go through fireballs lang and punish for a full combo if they are throwing fireballs close to you. PPP escape is bad for escaping good to throw out there against ppl during neutral right now the roll is good at catching ppl off guard it has a pretty good hit box i haven't had it beaten clean yet mostly trade in bad situations. It's good against jump ins as a psuedo cross up if you space it just right. His combos are really simple no surprie there he dizzies people surprisingly quickly with his jump ins and single hit set ups. each fierce is 200 stun and can add up pretty quickly. Counter hit roll is 250 stun. One punish combo the other stuff is just standard jabx2 or 3 times cr.mk ex patriot blah blah.

His overhead let me down a little, in some situations i would get the overhead and stuff the low but it wouldn't be counter hit. Counter hitting with the overhead is where he gets paid. since you can linke a st. lp into whatever combo.

Now the bad. The guy can't escape anything without being predictable. His wall jump QCB+K(K) is missing an element. You can't steer him to where you want him to go no matter what button you use you can pogo down, but that makes you a sitting duck. PPP is useless as an escape too can't really recommend using it the invulnerability runs out much too quickly you will get hit by the next button before you have a chance to really do anything. Characters that get in quickly give him trouble(yun,yang etc) as well as the slow play characters that seem to have better buttons.

Overall i wish he was a little better still wish he had scouter jump even with it ..it would not fix his issues but he'd have better forward mobility options. I think currently he'll be high-mid. He's a lot of fun to play so that definitely helps.
  8. Stream Master B
    • CommentAuthorBenchi
      0 points
    Recon:
    His anti air buttons are really good st.mp or an early st. hk will keep people off of you at distance.

I Feel like st.mp isn't really that good. Maybe its just my timing but at certain ranges it doesn't hit and it has deceptively short range. I just need to play with more but jump back lp seems to work better.

Need to play with his combos more too, c.lp c.mk and hk c.mk have strange timing.
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    Also it seems that it's -8 on block so that is really risky.

Yeah it's pretty unsafe. Even at max range Ryu can punish with cr. MK.

I got destroyed yesterday by a decent Decapre because I suck at this game, but she seems super fun if you like rushdown characters. Poison seems like she's gonna take a lot of work to be good with, but I really like her fireball game and that's enough for me to stick with a character.
  10. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Rufus ex messiah anti air

This is actually pretty scary...
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    That's why i said rufus op ;o
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    My blanka is so rusty. But he is pretty solid right now for usf4. He is for sure not something i want to main though but he is very good in certain matchups. I think he'll be great vs all grapplers. Rufus is my main for sure and i might play some yun.

Played only like 3-4 matches last night. Most of my time was spent in training mode just testing out combos to see what would work. With the new juggle on ex messiah just focusing on getting that timing down so i can blow up any ex lunge or dive kick from yun as well as everything else.

Delayed wakeup is very interesting but it doesn't really affect rufus as badly as say it does on akuma. So far i'm liking it. I don't see any major reason to use red focus on rufus yet... but i'm looking. Blanka on the other hand benefits from red focus pretty well since his U2 air got buffed.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2014 edited
      0 points
    Benchi:
    Recon:
    His anti air buttons are really good st.mp or an early st. hk will keep people off of you at distance.

I Feel like st.mp isn't really that good. Maybe its just my timing but at certain ranges it doesn't hit and it has deceptively short range. I just need to play with more but jump back lp seems to work better.

Need to play with his combos more too, c.lp c.mk and hk c.mk have strange timing.

the timing is a bit different..st.mp you have to do it when they are really close. st. hk works if you do it really early. jump LP beats almost anything in the air...but no damage.

the only thing i found to be weird was doing his air pogo...if you just hold down after dowing qcb k..its like the game only remembers you hitting diagonal back. i just double tap and it works just fine..thats just weird though.
  14. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2014 edited
      0 points
    I find that s.mp trades a lot. You have to do it pretty far out for it to work properly. Jump jab is the go to AA for Rolento.

Goukens EX Tatsu is amazing. Now people have to respect him when he has bar or you'll eat 200 damage. c.MP into fireball doesn't hit from that far out. You have to be pretty close for it to combo, which sucks but his corner game is really scary now because of it.

Yun is really dumb. Once you get super you feel like you won because of all the damage he gets of EXRF.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Mr1one:
    I find that s.mp trades a lot. You have to do it pretty far out for it to work properly. Jump jab is the go to AA for Rolento.

i disagree. training yourself to jump jab aa in footise situations is a bad idea...if you're going to do that you might as well do PPP...P at least that way you're actually getting damage worth the risk. jumping is like 40 frames...when you could just move yourself in the the proper position and AA. jump jab isn't bad..but if you're going to take that risk why not neutral jump HP jumping hard punch or the option i mentioned above.
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2014
      0 points
    After several hours in training mode trying to grind some of the rust off, I have to say...I'm dropping Sakura. She's a good character, but I think I need to change it up. Her jHP nerf was needed, but she lost some of her mobility, and given the new tools available to everyone, I'm really not gaining anything by grinding a bunch of tight links to land a combo for one less meter and no better damage than most of the cast can likely get off of some kind of hit-confirm into red focus.

I spent some time with Abel, who I'm really only familiar with through SFxT, and most of his stuff still works, but I get the feeling he's going to have some significant trouble maintaining pressure once people get used to using delayed wakeup. I'll probably keep him around as an alternate, but he's probably also going to have some pretty bad matchups.

I also spent some time with Elena, and although she has some pretty good buttons, I'm struggling with trying to convert into any real damage consistently. Maybe I just need to watch more videos and grind some more, but the character does show some promise. I also have a hard time with that super floaty jump (which is the same reason I can't play Guy - other than that he's awesome).

I also tried Gouken, and although his changes are all positive, I still feel like I don't have many options for dealing with rushdown. The EX tatsu is great, but if you miss you're pretty much dead. With that as my only real tool inside, I'm just getting crushed whenever someone manages to fake me out.

Others I'm considering:

Cody - I don't know about this character but he plays sort of how I like to play, just doesn't seem to have very good range on his normals.
    Juri - Really good buttons and mobility, but seems to fall apart under pressure due to lack of any safe reversal options (maybe I'm just not doing it right, and maybe I also just need to get better at DWU).
    Dudley - Great pressure, good buttons, might suffer a little from DWU.
    Oni - Seems like this character got nerfs where it didn't need them, but buttons still look pretty good and has an interesting toolset.

Has anyone played with the character version stuff yet? I wasn't really playing this game when it came out, but before all the balance changes went in with AE/2012/etc., weren't some characters pretty broken? Is there any advantage to picking those characters' stronger versions? Presumably you lose access to things like red focus, which probably means that the new versions of most characters are the strongest, but I don't have the experience with earlier versions to draw an informed conclusion.
  17. Member
    • CommentAuthorSouth90
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2014 edited
      0 points
    oilyeye:
    After several hours in training mode trying to grind some of the rust off, I have to say...I'm dropping Sakura. She's a good character, but I think I need to change it up. Her jHP nerf was needed, but she lost some of her mobility, and given the new tools available to everyone, I'm really not gaining anything by grinding a bunch of tight links to land a combo for one less meter and no better damage than most of the cast can likely get off of some kind of hit-confirm into red focus.

I spent some time with Abel, who I'm really only familiar with through SFxT, and most of his stuff still works, but I get the feeling he's going to have some significant trouble maintaining pressure once people get used to using delayed wakeup. I'll probably keep him around as an alternate, but he's probably also going to have some pretty bad matchups.

I also spent some time with Elena, and although she has some pretty good buttons, I'm struggling with trying to convert into any real damage consistently. Maybe I just need to watch more videos and grind some more, but the character does show some promise. I also have a hard time with that super floaty jump (which is the same reason I can't play Guy - other than that he's awesome).

I also tried Gouken, and although his changes are all positive, I still feel like I don't have many options for dealing with rushdown. The EX tatsu is great, but if you miss you're pretty much dead. With that as my only real tool inside, I'm just getting crushed whenever someone manages to fake me out.

Others I'm considering:

Cody - I don't know about this character but he plays sort of how I like to play, just doesn't seem to have very good range on his normals.
    Juri - Really good buttons and mobility, but seems to fall apart under pressure due to lack of any safe reversal options (maybe I'm just not doing it right, and maybe I also just need to get better at DWU).
    Dudley - Great pressure, good buttons, might suffer a little from DWU.
    Oni - Seems like this character got nerfs where it didn't need them, but buttons still look pretty good and has an interesting toolset.

Has anyone played with the character version stuff yet? I wasn't really playing this game when it came out, but before all the balance changes went in with AE/2012/etc., weren't some characters pretty broken? Is there any advantage to picking those characters' stronger versions? Presumably you lose access to things like red focus, which probably means that the new versions of most characters are the strongest, but I don't have the experience with earlier versions to draw an informed conclusion.

Oni does have good buttons but that loss of 50 health makes it feel like he dies in two combos though I'm probably exaggerating alittle bit. He definitely has tools it can just be hard to utilize them against very defensive players. Cody Juri and Dudley look really really good just from my online play lately I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Oni might be a little frustrating even though he is a really fun character.
  18. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Edition select is mostly just for fun, not tourney legal or even aloud online right now. Some of the older character are very very strong, stronger than their ultra counterpart for sure. V sagat, super honda, AE twins are all insanely strong to name a few. But like I said, mostly just for casuals with friends, no reason to practice them
  19. Member
      0 points
    Dudley full screen u1.....stupid
    • CommentAuthorMas
      0 points
    I've only been playing Hugo. It is rough yet, fun. Recon and Mr1one blew me up online. I lose instantly to fireball(s). He just can not close the gap easily. I can burn for ex clothesline but still get punished if they block. I still enjoy playing him though.