Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2014
      0 points
    because rushdown!!!!
  2. Asian #1
      0 points
    I wonder why they nerfed his tiger shot recovery by 3 frames.
  3. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    Cuz fuck sagat that's why!!
  4. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      6 points
    ...sorry that's the gief player in me... I dunno why they gave him more recovery on tigers... Maybe cuz it's really hard for characters like zangief to try and get in and then he just tiger knees AND ITS SUCH FUCKING BULLSHIT CUZ IT LAUNCHES YO ACROSS THE ENTIRE SCREEN AND ITS MOSTLY SAFE AND GAHBHJFBFJRIXJNEDKD.....

...sorry I can't be unbias against sagat...
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      0 points
    You sound like me and my hate for Chun lol
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2014
      1 point
    few thoughts:
    - lol at them fixing one of THE most retarded normals (frame wise) 5 iterations later (gief s.mk.....move belonged in a 3d game with them frames).

- Guy buffs!

- I was thinking rolento was too slow but, he is really a zoning guy now. I guess I will try him out like I intended. He seems interesting. EX roll which SEEMS safe on block to u1 is lol.

- Duds looks GOOD!

- Deejay might not be trash now woot!

- A regular punish on EX headbutt

- Sagat looks good

- Bison has damage :O
  7. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Nice. Heres some of my take away/ early impressions from the notes

Yun looks amaz-balls to me. He was already a very strong character, he mostly got better. Only nerfs are his command grab scales now and delayed wake up both hurts his oki but helps his somewhat weak wake up game. I look to yun to be top 5

E Ryu. Another solid character who received almost all buffs including a vitality buff. I really don't know why they gave him all buffs but again, top 10, maybe top 5 character.

Sagat, mostly stayed stayed the same, but I think this system will favor his play style more.

Honda...nice knowing ya, bottom five. No idea why they did to him what they did... Only character I think they really screwed up, but yea I have no idea why they nerfed his ex headbutt. And my character couldn't do anything about it before and I never thought it was unfair, honda is supposed to be one of the best defensive character in the game, I didn't have a problem with ex headbutt...sorry honda.

Gief, looking better. Very looking forward to playing him.

T hawk. Very very interesting in picking him up as well. Looking very interesting

Hugo got lots and lots of buffs from arcade to home, I can't believe his 360p was 3 frames in arcade....why???? Thankfully now 2 frames as it should be. 120 damage on st mp. Wow, damage. Kinda thankful everyone thought he was so bad in the arcade so he got lots of nice buffs. Whether he's viable or not remains to be seen, I'll for sure be playing him and be able to decide for myself
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      1 point
    - I hate honda so, don't feel bad his ex headbutt is punishable in the least.
    - Yun getting +1 rush punch again is stupid.
    - I am glad hugo got buffs cause he looked like butt. lol

:)

I am gonna reactivate live when Ultra comes out and we can ground out 1000000000000 matches again, 72 :)
  9. Member
    • CommentAuthorSouth90
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014
      0 points
    Mr1one:
    They nerfed Oni's health :/

Oni got a bunch of dumb buffs. A faster sweep and f+MK is nice, but he didn't get anything he really good while everyone is getting a what the needed. Didn't see that health nerf coming :(

EDIT: Ok Yun is ridiculous. I'm playing that guy.

I was wondering why Oni needed a health nerf myself. I already feel like i get bodied in two combos hah.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      0 points
    EX Messiah: all hits connect against airborne opponents; knocks down opponents differently on hit.

Is there footage of this? Im terrified.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    on block it's way weaker so i don't think you should be that terrified. I don't think all hits work, it's that if you hit them out of the air with it the last kick hit can juggle.
  12. Member
      0 points
    Decapre's teleport is soooo slow now at least non-EX is.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2014
      1 point
    Ro..len...to.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2014
      2 points
    Recon:
    Ro..len...to.

boil em mash em stick em in a stew
  15. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2014
      0 points
    GameStop preorder

According to this if you preorder ultra through GameStop you will get it on the 3rd and not the 4th, although it could be wrong
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    where do you pre order to get all of the costumes?

Tried to watch as muct rolento footage as i could on memorial day. I don't really understand buffing his damage with certain moves and nerfing the moves that cost a bar. his ecape options are pretty interesting looks like his roll is relatively safe unless you start getting predictable. I didn't notice that it broke armor before. All in all i can't wait to play this character.
  17. Member
      0 points
    Rolento most certainly looked amazing, watched Valle play him quite a bit on the weekend. Also I didn't realize his costume was Wizard Rolento, that's amazing.
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
      0 points
    You pre-order with Gamestop I think.

I think Rolentos EX moves are really good so they nerf the damage to balance them a bit. They also nerfed his EX Roll and made it unsafe, which is understandable because that move looked really stupid. He looks really stupid in the arcade version so I can see the nerfs.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    ..he does no damage anywhere else though.. he's a hit and run character so single ex moves doing decent damage IMO made sense. FB characters are going to be really strong so the hangman super is going to be very important. that got nerfed as well. still really good though 6 frames may have a been a little too fast. I want to know the true range on that st. mk. He sort of remidns me poke wise of Adon. st. HP being 2 hits St. mk=cr.mp from adon...his combo's and combo potential looks pretty fun.
  20. Member
      0 points
    standing lk I wanna say is the button, pressure in the corner was the realest of reals when Valle did it to someone 7 times and it looked like every hit was a frame trap lol.