Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    I think the differnce is adon is monster tier and guy is doo doo tier. If guy had a command throw i'd be fine with it being like makoto where it has shit range and slow startup. I also would like to bring him on the other side like yun and fei, so it doesn't leave them in the corner so ti's not too broken. That i'd consider.

Overhead for adon i'd be fine with that being sagat as well, i dont' think it breaks him. But if you can combo off of it then it would be a bit too good. But just a normal poke like say fei long that would be fine as well.

Comparing changes to guy and adon are lol.. i mean ... This would be like saying lets improve all of blankas normals and then saying lets improve all of fei long's normals.

One is an ok idea, the other is a shit terrible idea.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2013
      0 points
    that was more me ribbing half.

everyone knows Adon's real overhead is nj.RH...make that cancelable on the way up...now we're talking!!!! BROKEN BROKEN BROEKN BREOKN.
  3. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    It is cancelable on the way up isn't it? That's the gamerbee combo he did to poonko. Or did I miss something??
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    I think his j.mk is cancelleable. They look similar.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Nj mk is cancelleable rh isn't. So I'm curious why do you say adon is monster tier?
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2013 edited
      0 points
    He is an upgraded version of balrog in a lot of ways. He is one of the best bullies in the game.

+ on frames for special
    Balrog's best special that's non ex is -3 on block. While instant jag kick is + on block (and hit lol). Also it combos on CH and potentially on hit if it's really spaced correctly.

Incredible normals. Long range, mid range, and short range.
    Balrog competes with Adon in this area. Both have solid long/mid/short.

Strong meter usage
    Balrog competes with adon. Balrog is different though. Armor attacks are different from say overheads or FADC an upper.

Links ultra
    Balrog can do this as well not as versatile as adon though

Has a DP
    Balrog has terrible defensive options besides ex dash punch which can be armor broke and thrown and is still -2 on block.

Is not a charge character.
    You can break balrog's charge in oki you can't do that to adon. Adon also has better option selects because he doesn't rely on charge.

Change jump trajectory
    This is really difficult especially if you are using normals to anti air. It allows adon to approach and make offense for himself when he needs it because of air jag kick and just a normal air normal. Balrog has nothing like this.

Crossup
    Balrog doesn't have one lol.

If you look at all the strong characters in the game very very very few characters are + on block or at the very least 0 on block from a special. And the ones that are 0 on block cannot cover the same area that instant air jag can. Including fei long he has the least amount of weaknesses and bad matchups in the game. Fei is probably better vs more of the cast. Adon really strong tier and he will recieve nerfs in usf4.

Fei is probably the better bully because his rekkas are so fast, but all his rekkas are minus on block so should give you an idea of what it's like to have a completely safe special on block.
    FlatLine
      -1 points
    Lol I guess I'm just wondering why people don't place with him more besides gamerbee? If he is so good?
    • CommentAuthorSir Pants
      2 points
    Because Fei/Cammy are easier? XP
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      0 points
    I wasn't comparing guy and adon, only addressing those two characters since they were being spoken on.

Guy: Don't go chickening out on me now, I don't want no bullshit combo grab I WANT AN SPD. IZUNA DROP. STARTING FROM THE GROUND. Lmao
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Pro One:
    Lol I guess I'm just wondering why people don't place with him more besides gamerbee? If he is so good?

Fei long is #1 if not #1 he's top 3 EASILY. Who plays him in the usa that goes anywhere? Fuudo won evo with him. But what about usa? MAYBE CJ truth.... but no one is going to dispute how good he is. Why doesn't anyone else play him in the usa? Cammy is for sure one of the best characters... where is she played? One person? Kbrad maybe? Fei long is also really easy and has almost no execution requirements save ONE link. No one playing him that wins...

It's not about the character, it's about our top players. Our top players are playing rufus, viper, gief, ryu, guile, sakura.... No akuma, cammy, adon, or fei. All of which are high tier for sure. Hell who in colorado is winning with any of the high tier? Our best players play shit characters...... So in short i don't know why more people aren't playing adon... perhaps like sir pants said if they have a choice between adon and fei they go with fei.. outside of that i'm not sure.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Halfro:
    I wasn't comparing guy and adon, only addressing those two characters since they were being spoken on.

Guy: Don't go chickening out on me now, I don't want no bullshit combo grab I WANT AN SPD. IZUNA DROP. STARTING FROM THE GROUND. Lmao

HAHAHA i'd like blanka to have some cvs2 elements back please.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      1 point
    Best normals blanka? Sure. +insane amount on block electricity so that c.rh was a block string? sure cant break my guard in this game lmaooooooooooo
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    you can't break throws either so it's all good.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      2 points
    WHO BREAKS THROWS WHEN YOU CAN SPD DAT FOOL INSTEAD YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHh
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      2 points
    I'm learning to tech throws. I always give myself a mental pat on the back when I do.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Wasn't trolling was just wanting your opinion thanks! Screw off logos go do logos things ;)
    • CommentAuthorSir Pants
      0 points
    The only other USA player I see playin' Fei other than CJ Truth is PR Rog. Even then, he stuck w/ Boxer for Evo. I do find it odd that there aren't more Fei/Cammy/Akuma players around. Maybe we're just stubborn. XD
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013
      0 points
    Pro One:

because he is difficult to play man. IAJK is a great i mean great tool and it should be because if you mess up adon is going to be in a world of shit. Gamerbee is the only guy who i've seen that i'm just enamored with the way he uses him. he changes gears pretty quickly from rush down, to footsie to bait to wait...I have a ton of his matches saved. In Adon's bad match ups specifically. Fox is right once adon gets momentum he can bully the crap out of most of the cast. He has increased range on his back throw which is the throw you always want to use anyway. Sets up his oki cross up game. high or low or throw options. he has a ton of frame traps i do wish that they were a little more universal.

Adon doesn't really have a special that he can just toss out there ...that deters a lot of people i think. All too often people want to be doing stuff instead of just waiting.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    I'm currently working on my frame traps but not sure where to find good ones. Ideas anyone? Abd yeah ia jaf kicks are killing me right now. Whats the best strength kick to use?
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013
      0 points
    what strength depends where they are. IAJK distances are the reverse from their grounded counter parts...LK is the shorters HK the farthest. adon has a couple of good ones. i really like cr. lk in cl.st mk. you have to be really close for the cl.mk to come out though. cr.lp, cl. hp is good too. just remember to mix it up i like starting off of cr. lk force them to crouch low then react. you have options from there...stand up dp,throw, cl.mk all lead to solid damage. outside of point blank range i wouldn't go for too many frame traps just use his normals. cr. mp gives you +1..but you can't really get much at that range without putting yourself at risk..